Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My name is Katie and I'm new to the site. I have been looking around at the Lap Band for several months and have finally made the decision to do it. I have a question :tongue_smilie: though...I am going to be self pay. Any suggestions where I can get financed? Did yall just go to a bank and borrow the money? That's the only thing holding me up right now and I'm ready to start the process. Any help would be great!

Thanks! :frown:

many surgeon's offices have flyers or info on credit companies that will finance the band. However in these economic times I've heard that you need a good credit score to qualify (700 or above?) because the loan is essentially unsecured. Some people take out another mortgage. I WAS going to put mine on a low interest credit card but ins came through.

I will say, since you'll be paying, SHOP AROUND. Prices (and what your price covers) varies widely. Some surgeons just cover surgery, some fills and follow up care for life. So be a prudent shopper; you may save yourself thousands that way. (Less expensive doesn't necessarily mean bad, either, at least not in this instance. You just have to do your homework)

Good luck!

Hi Katie! I am also a self pay and I went through Care Credit and was approved online instantly. They offer programs anywhere from 3 mo - same as cash up to 60 month w/interest plans.

At the seminar I went to, they also handed our brochures for HealthOne financing (www.healthone-financial.com), Health2(Chase Industries healthcare finance company) and Care Credit (CareCredit).

Good luck!

Thank ya'll so much for the replies! I have a seminar to go to Thursday night so maybe I can find out some more info. How long did it take you from seminar to surgery date since you were self pay?

I went to the seminar on 7/7, did an online registration with my Dr's office on 7/9 and they called me yesterday 7/10 to schedule my surgery date. I'm scheduled for 7/21 because I have some labwork that must be done prior to surgery.

That's incredible! I hope to be banded before I go back to school Aug. 11. But I haven't even talked to the dr. yet so I may just be dreaming to do it that fast. But like I said I go to a seminar Thursday and they told me that if i decide to do it we could make an appointment that night. If only I can figure out where to get the money next week :confused: