Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Life with LeslieLee

Leslielee,

If you want to create a blog, go to www.blogger.com

Here you can create and maintain a blog for free. It even offers you different templates to choose from. Have fun.

I think I need one of those blog things so I can journal. I never was good at that before, maybe you can teach an old dog/kitten new tricks...lol [/color][/size]

Well as you kinda can see I have figured out how to post pics here so they aren't huge! LOL Look out ... here they come the waddling twosome! The geese of Canada!! Yes yes the dazzling duo... lol

Ok ok here is today's scoop

At the beginning of the week I started walking out to the pond again to see if the pair were back yet and yes they were. The pond was mostly frozen still that morning but WOW what a difference a day can make! day two was quite different as you can see from this next picture...

100_0914.jpg

The ice was almost completely gone and by day three it was all gone. Unfortunately I did not get a picture from day three. Sorry bout that, but it was pretty much the same as the day before except all wet! I am enjoying walking out there and checking the couple. I am excited to see how many little ones there will be. So far mom and dad are just enjoying there time together. They are in and out of the nesting box seen getting the nursery ready, likely painting and puting up new paper I should think... then they are out and about getting exercise which is important when you are expecting. Cant be laying in the nest all day eating Cookies and stuff. Dad is quite protective and keeps a very close watch on his Mrs...lol hmmm sound like any couple we all know here??? I am hoping that with time they will allow me to get a little closer to the edge of their pond. I think they are also interviewing baby sitters as I have noticed a couple of young ducks hanging around. Likely learning what it will take to take care of the young Canadians.

This is the nesting box...their crib -=winks=-

100_0916.jpg

It was a good visit. Later today I went to visit my family Dr. and get some paper work done and arrange for my blood work to be done. I told him I was all booked in for surgery and he was happy to hear I had made my plans. He was kind of set back when I told him the price though. and the chat that followed was a bit odd.. but I am not going to let it get me down. He agrees that this is a good way to do it but like most Dr's he isn't for private clinics and high prices. When you think about it though there is a lot to pay for. 5000.00 for the band alone, then the booking staff, the nurses and the anesthic and the Dr giving it. right down to the clinic I wonder just how much the Dr. actually makes???

Also I got a call from the weight wise people today just before I left for the Dr and after speaking to them I am even more sure I am doing what is best for me. It isn't a short wait to get this done here under capital health. and not a sure thing I would get the ok to actually having the surgery after about a year waiting... very frustrating indeed!

Well I hope that you have enjoyed the Goose News !!

He agrees that this is a good way to do it but like most Dr's he isn't for private clinics and high prices. When you think about it though there is a lot to pay for. 5000.00 for the band alone, then the booking staff, the nurses and the anesthic and the Dr giving it. right down to the clinic I wonder just how much the Dr. actually makes???

As you all know by now (from my incessant complaining), I am having my surgery done in the hospital. Since it is not covered by OHIP, I had to pay the hospital directly for their portion which was 8,715.00. That is a big chunk of the 16K. My private insurance is paying for the room.

Because I don't know anything about Dt. coburn clinic, I can just say that TLBC provides great before and after care, servies, seminars etc. and you never have to pay a cent more. Sounds like a good deal to me!

Hi Susan,

Yep that does sound great, I am also very pleased with Dr. Cobourn and the office staff there. It is a little different when you are so far away, but to date (and I did talk to them today lol) they are awesome with calls and answering questions. Very patient and happy to be of help. Unfortunately living in Alberta means I can't take advantage of free fills unless I am there, which now and then I just might be. They are also setting up online disscussions kind of like orientation I suppose as well as meetings for those already banded. Live cast is a wonderful thing!

I think my Dr as with some others look at private practice as a money grab but as I told him, "When it comes right down to it I am pretty sure that the Dr.'s doing this are in it for way more than the money... They seem to me anyway, that they do really care and in the long run they are doing a service that will take a huge (no pun intended) off the future medical care many like me would end up needing... and as you have shown there is a big junk of $ going to the hospital you will be having your surgery in. Not to your Dr. Does that price include your band or is that also coming out of what you will pay your Dr.? not much $ left over if it does... is there. So much for money grabbing lol

I also asked him why there weren't clinics here and he said there could be if a Dr. wanted to open one... -=sighs=- flippen wish there was, but !! I am damn glad I can go to Ontario and have it done. The wait is too damn long the other way and still they could tell me no... you can do this with exercise and diet you don't need surgery. That about finished me with the medical plan route. I am not waiting for years only to be told atta girl you keep dieting and you will get there....

END OF RANT... -=winks=- for now

mmmmmm Just got in from a nice walk to check on the geese. I didn't get to this morning so I had a chat with Shilo and she said "hey lets do it" and off we went. It was a nice change walking in the evening, no real wind and I think the moon is almost full. The female was nesting and the male was out have a little wander around the pond.

I had a pretty good day today and was very happy to see a few more pounds gone when I weighed this afternoon. I have been thinking about my pre-op diet which I will be starting on the 16th. I am wondering how well I will lose... I am thinking it won't be as much as most as I am pretty sure I have lost any extra Water since I started cutting back and have already lost 15 pounds. So I will try to remind myself of this if I see slower results. A pound is a pound and as long as they are coming off I will be thankful.

I should still lose something!

I can't believe that at the end of this month I will be living on the banded side. In some ways it seems like a dream. To be able to lose weight and keep it off, to lose more than I have ever been able to before... WOW!!! That is an amazing thought.

I was looking through my closet today and thought, "holy crap, there are a ton of clothes in here and pretty much all of them are going to be to big at the same time!!!" I think I need to have a sale so I can get ones that will fit...lol what an exciting future!

LeslieLee It's your month!!! You will not believe how fast it will go. Enjoy your geese and get ready for Optifast!

-=smiles=-

yes this is my month and I am already amazed at how fast it is going. This time next week I will be day one of my pre-op. It's hard to believe... it is three weeks until I will be banded. -=shakes head=- no I am not dreaming it is really going to happen.

I was talking to my DH and saying how I have these rushes of emotions. I sometimes feel close to tears and think how in some ways it feels safe to be over weight...I have been over weight for so many years now that it is kind of, in an odd way comfortable. As uncomfortable as it really is.

As quick as I have that thought it is replaced with excitement at being a new thinner me. I think of all the places I will be able to shop at again. It has been a long time since I could shop at the Bay or Sears... lol or Bootlegger any place where they don't sell plus sizes. I am looking forward to getting into Biannca Nigard and April Cornel ( I think that is the name) I am looking forward to bending over to pick something up and not have a big tummy get in my way. To sitting anywhere I what and so much more.

The good thoughts far outweigh the scarey thoughts and I know everything is going to be fine, I guess as has been said so many times here, this is all normal. -=smiles softly=- but even still it is an emotional ride and I am very glad I don't have to stay on this ride for much longer.

As for the geese.... well we have had really nasty weather here. Last week I didn't get out to visit them but I did yesterday and I could not find them.... I hope they were just out for Breakfast somewhere and didn't get blown away!!!

WOW, what a day! It is soooooooooo nice out and I am feeling great! I have the patio doors open and the birds are singing their litle hearts out as I type.

Started the day off with my walk to the pond.... the walk was great, I had my camera all ready to go but.... sadly there was no sign of George and Gracey.... Yep... I named them...lol now I just hope I can find them again! that is two walks in a row that I have not been able to see them.

I decided after I had lunch that I would do some puttering in the yard. lol that turned into full fledged weeding and cleaning the winter mess followed by a lawn mowing! I think I got my exercise today!!

Yesterday I went out for thai food with a friend and although I didn't eat as much as I once would have, I did really enjoy it. These are the last few days before pre-op. It was funny I really didn't feel like I wanted to go crazy. lol I kept thinking if I gain I will just have to lose it again. Which I am kind of ok with as I know it will be sometime before I will be eating in what will be my new normal.

It was also my 21st anniversary... wow did those years fly by. My DH lives and works in Africa. So when I see him next I am sure he is going to see a difference! I am looking forward to that very much. I did a little shopping too and was very surprised to find a Bianca Nygard jacket that I can wear through the next months. I didn't think they made anything in a plus size. Although it is a small plus size 16 W what ever that is???

An early.... Happy Mothers Day to all the mommies out there!! I hope you have a terrific day!!

Hi LL,

You are certainly getting close now! How exciting for you!

What does your DH do? Do you get to see him often? Where is africa is he?

Sorry, I am a very curious person! Please feel free to say MYOB!

No worry Susan, I am fine with being asked what he does.

When there is a war it does not usually end just because the people make peace. The country is torn and ripped. Bombs have been placed, dropped and sometimes just left behind. As well there are all kinds of nasty things like land mines and other explosive devices that have been forgotten and left behind.

The country is no longer safe, and people die and are mamed because they have no idea they are walking where there is something that could kill them.

My DH is one of the many who go in after and clean up the mess. He has been to many places and now is in Africa. It isn't an easy life but he feels good about what he does. He loves to make the bad things go away. That is what one little boy said to him, "Thank you for making the bad thing go away"

I see him about twice a year sometimes three times. Although I am thinking I will be doing some travelling soon as our son is now almost 19 and will be on his own soon.

So there you have it!!

ps... no George and Gracey this morning either, there were other birds though. I have to look in my book to see what they are. Also there was a Loon Couple... lol that sounds so weird "There were a couple of loons hanging out at the pond this morning!"

Aside from Shilo and myself!!

Have a great day everyone!

Your husband's job sounds interesting.It would be hard to see my husband 2 or 3 times a year .

It certainly does sound interesting and I am impressed with you both in the service you give to others. Hope you see him soon.

May 22nd...

One week to go. wow, it is almost here, this time next week I will be laying in a bed trying to sleep. Wondering what the next day will bring. How I will manage with the anesthetic... and what ever other discomforts that are possible after this kind of surgery.

I weighed in today and was happy to see that I was down 5 pounds since last thursday. I had gained a few pounds at least 2 in the week prior. I did enjoy two of my favorite resturaunts and just plain eating whatever I wanted. I guess I am lucky I didn't gain more than that.

I kinda of figured I would not be losing a huge amount during these pre-op weeks, so I was and am very happy to see those 5 pounds gone. One more week to go. I am hoping for a smaller liver! Because that means I can have surgery and safely!!

~Goose News!~

Well George and Gracey are doing great! Today they were both out on the Water just paddling lazily along. Kind of reminded me of the last few days before my babies were born. (They are 17 years apart) I remember taking lazy walks in the woods and spending time looking at my tummy and smiling. Talking to them both and telling them how much I was looking forward to holding them in my arms. mmmmmm those were good days and are wonderful memories.

I also remember thinking that times like those would be few and far between once they came. lol and that was soooooo true!! Now I am on the verge of watching my youngest leave the nest just as George and Gracey will be soon enough.

I will get new pics soon.