Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Life with LeslieLee

Well here it is April 9th and today I booked my flight to Toronto for the 28th of May for surgery on the 30th. I am very excited and thought hey maybe it is time to start a little Leslie thread to Celebrate. (lol well not really little yet but I will be smaller soon)

I enjoy this site so much and find so many answers to my questions here. The encouragement here is like medicine it just makes me feel better! When ever I feel unsure I come here and read for a bit. I read the thoughts of others who are on the same kind of journey as I am and know that I am making the right choice. The before and after pictures are amazing. I need to learn how to resize my photos so I can start to post mine too.

I was thinking earlier that I will be able to wear some of last years summers clothes this year! I should have lost the pounds I found over the winter (who hides those damn things where I can find them?) This week I have had an interesting time... feeling less hungry for some reason and more focused on not gaining anymore before surgery, I lost 5 pounds!! :biggrin1: It feels good to see the numbers going down again and knowing that soon I will have the tool to keep them off.

Today I am greatful for learning about the lapband!

Hi Leslielee,

It's fun to have your own thread isn't it? I use mine like a journal and post my thoughts. I love when people respond, because you are right - they always make me feel better.

Susan

I am still at the point of research...how long did you research before you made this decision.....Good luck with your surgery, I will definitly watch your thread for your results...you must be so excited!

I'm excited for you LeslieLee!!!

You're doing a great thing for yourself!

:)

Susan,

Yes it is fun having your own little thread here. Kinded like having your first home. Lots of excitement and new neighbours!!

I am being banded on the 30th of May by Dr. Cobourn.

Maisieben,

I started thinking about surgery a few years ago really, but didn't really think it would be possible. I heard about the long waits and just felt overwhelmed. I guess I am one of those I want it now people in some ways. Waiting years (3 to 5) was not something I wanted to do. So I kept trying on my own and not getting far. Then I started looking into self pay and found all kinds of information as well. I would say the research was done pretty quickly really at the end. A lifetime of fighting to lose weight and almost never keeping it off, compared to a few months of reading and then asking questions to see how others were doing. I knew I wanted to do this almost right away.

:help: Did anyone else feel this way? You just knew this was the right thing to do?

Yoda,

Thanks again for your input! I enjoy reading your thread very much. I am looking forward to hear how Mr Yoda does. It must be nice to know you will both be doing this. All the things you will be able to do together!

Cloe,

Thank you too for your thoughts. It means so much. You have come a long way! I can only imagine right now what it must be like for you. It is very exciting for sure!

Thanks everyone for the encouragement!!

mmmm Friday the 13th... what a day! lol gotta love it. Today my son had an appointment to have a pulminary lung function test redone. He had one done about a year ago as he is applying to join the military and they want to make sure he does not have asthma. When he was little it was thought he did but it turned out he was allergic to cats and dust... but being the guy he is, honest to a fault shall we say he wrote down he had asthma... So it has been lots of fun doing all the tests to prove he is ok.... -=rolls eyes=- So while he was there I asked if there is a washroom close by and the girl tells me down the hall blah blah blah and that I should also know that the purse lady is there and she has some great purses..... I am thinking .... purse lady???? in a hospital???

Can you spell trouble??? omg!! I was in heaven! while he was breathing into a tube I was buying purses! Why didn't they think of this before??

Oh wait I know why... I would be broke!! I bought two purses and a great necklace to wear to the ballet tonight!!

My son and I are going to see Dracula... who would have thought they would make that into a ballet? I can't wait to see it. My son is also a huge fan so we will be dressing up ( I am wearing my new necklace and a lovely purple velvet dress) he is wearing his kilt and knee boots, he is a pretty handsome young man if I do say so myself.

It will be the last time I go to the ballet at this weight. I usually get season tickets so people get used to seeing you in the same seats. -=smiles=- I am looking forward to the next ballet season and being smaller and wearing something really HOT!

Till soon all, have a great day and even better weekend!

Hey Leslielee,

How was the Dracula ballet? My friend went as well. Her husband, my husband, and I went out for sushi dinner instead (well, they ate sushi and I ate cooked food).

Good morning,

Well I had wondered how they would be able to pull of doing justice to Dracula in the form of ballet.... I am now completely sold!! So was the performance, sold out!!

It was awesome!! The stage was more theatrical, great backgrounds and lighting, prop changes, scenery changes, Dracula changing into his bat form was very well done. There were gargoyles that added a humour of their very own... think of strippers using the posts of a four poster bed to pole dance with...lol

I think this was my favorite performance this season. No... I know it was, but then I am a huge (but getting smaller lol) Dracula fan. It was rich and erotic. There were two young ladies sitting next to me and when the gargoyles came out one asked what they were to the other and they didn't know so I whispered Gargoyles. During the intermission I asked if they knew that story of Dracula and to my shock neither of them had ever read nor seen the movie.... so they asked me to tell them about it. -=huge smiles=- I had a wonderful time telling them and they thanked me so much for explaining it to them. The movie version for me is a love story. Which many people never really think about. Dracula can get a bad wrap... not from me though -=winks=- The last scene was very well done! I hope that it will return to Edmonton soon. I will be there.

I love people watching so the ballet and the theatre also provides that for me. It was interesting to see all the different outfits last night. There was a mix of very casual all the way to gowns and men in suits ... kilts... even a few tuxes. Lots of rich fabrics and a feast of shoes! lol I am a bit of a shoe nut. lol while I was talking to the girls next to me I checked out their shoes and found myself thinking "I wonder if my legs will be as thin as theirs are?" Funny how even during something like the ballet I am still thinking about weight.

All in all it was a really good night, and the last night I will be there at this weight! The next season kicks off in November with Othello, in Febuary they are doing Dangerous Liaisons... I think that one should be interesting.

Now you make me regret not going. I just have a hard time imagining Dracula and ballet. Maybe I will consider dangerous liaison.

Leslielee, your desciprions of people and situations are vivid and engaging. Are you a novel writer (or plan to dabble in it)?

The guy in kilt is probably my acquiantance's husband (lol). He is a proud Scottsman and always wears a kilt to formal functions.

Are you feeling better today about your choice to go to Dr. Cobourn? I am sorry that my Dr. Yau/Cobourn thread and Inamed band issue caused you anxiety. I felt bad about it.

What are you doing to prepare for your procedure? It seems that you have already lost a few lbs on your own. How long do you have to be on pre-op diet?

Cat

Right on Cat, I did too but was really eager to check it out... I am thinking from the blurb in the Alberta Ballet booklet for the next season Dangerous Liaisons is going to be quite good too, this is the first time I have seen a mature subject matter. Not suitable for children warning for the ballet...lol mmmmm sounds like something naughty might be afoot...

-=smiles and winks=- Well now I was trying to tame my writing down a bit...lol didn't want anyone thinking I was a weirdo... Yes I do dabble, I have been for a number of years. Mostly for my own pleasure but now and then I have shared. I also wrote a fairytale for my 3 grandaughters, that was a wonderful experience, I loved getting into the mindset for that. It was quite magical, and of course reading it to them was incredible... those little faces watching intently, waiting to hear the next line... I have thoughts to write another adventure for Tisme and her brother Twinklewink. I also did the artwork for the story.

As for the fellows in kilts one was my son and the other a fellow with long reddish colored hair and a long beard. I have seen him before and if I remember right he was at the Medivalbabes (sp) and actually got to be part of the introduction. Along with some others that I think are part of the SCA here. They did a great job, one was wearing armor and chainmale, there were swords. -=fans self=- It made the performance even better.

As for my choice with Dr. C I am fine with it. He was really great when I spoke to him and made me feel at ease and eager too. It was more the thought that I had missed something important while doing my research. Kinda like when you buy something and then it goes on sale... or when you change your hair color and think hmmmmm I am not so sure I like being this color lol although you can usually get a refund with whatever went on sale and you can always go back to your old hair color. This is a little more serious as we all really want this to work for us. We just have to do all we can to learn and then except that sometimes there will be things we miss and move on. I am sure that any Dr. who is doing this procedure is going to use the tools he feels confident about. Did you speak to anyone at his clinic?

lol this is becoming another book....

What am I doing to prepare... I think the big thing I have done is from the day I decided to do this I have started to work towards losing weight. I don't want anymore weight to lose than I already have so I am watching what I am eating and looking forward to a new lighter life. lol don't get me wrong I would love to eat all kinds of things and it isn't easy when I see things that I know taste good, but it was giving into those thoughts too many times that got me were I am now. I try not to think that I will never be able to eat certain things again. I am sure I will, but not like I have for so many years now. I have told myself before I go on the pre-op diet I will have two meals out one will be thai food down town at Bon Thai on Jasper and the other will be at the Highlevel Cafe. I am looking forward to that. Have you ever been to either of them?

I will be on the pre-op for two weeks.

Hope you are having a good day!!

Leslie, those are a few of my favorite restaurants. I love reading your posts by the way, you have an awesome way with words.

Indeed she does, Becca. Leslie, are your stories published? What age group are they for? You draw too? Can you show us your artwork? Talented lady!

In terms of the restaurants, I have been to both restaurants and like them both. Tonight, my husband, son (he is 20 months old), and I went to a Thai New Year celebration at Parkview Community Hall. It was put on by The Alberta Thai Cultural Association. You should have seen all the yummy homemade dishes. Unbelievable. Worth the $20.00 per person.

As for the men in Kilts, none of them sound like my acquiantance's husband. He is older and bald.

Cat