Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Body Bugg- Learned a lot about myself with this!!

I just bought one as well (actually I got the GoWearFit, but it appears they are essentially the same thing). I'm looking forward to using it. I really think seeing the numbers will be motivating to me to get me to exercise more to meet my goals,and help take some of the guesswork out how much to eat/how much to exercise.

i feel like its overestimating. I need to put on my heart rate monitor and compare the results

Mine overestimates a little but everyone is different and no device will ever be right on.

I can tell it is overestimating because I am obsessive about logging everything I eat and it tells me that I am eating 200 calories more a day than I "know" I am.

It is still, by far the best investment I have ever made as far as losing weight goes.

Mine overestimates a little but everyone is different and no device will ever be right on.

I can tell it is overestimating because I am obsessive about logging everything I eat and it tells me that I am eating 200 calories more a day than I "know" I am.

It is still, by far the best investment I have ever made as far as losing weight goes.

I love it so far. I was thinking it overestimates on the activity front. I don't use it to log the food - I use the daily plate and then i enter the Proteins, carbs, fat as one meal onto the bodybugg. My activity is a strange one it is horseback riding. And I think at the walk it it has way too high a MET. At trot and canter I can see that it is over 10 mets. I do realize that the METS get averaged for the 'workout' set as 'trip'. But I have to pay more attention it just seems i burn more calories riding than I thought I would so I wonder if it is picking up on the movement of the horse itself and factoring that in. Don't get me wrong the riding I do is a real workout. (will compare to heart rate monitor soon as I fix the battery).

I also found out something interesting... I noticed that on the days I did not ride my sleep MET was 1 but when I rode the next day it was 1.3 and the day after it was 1.6. Someone told me that the more muscular you are the number gets higher but I don't know if it is that Resting Metabolic Rate -if so that is a pretty neat thing. I do find it interesting that the RMR increases w/ the activity. I'm going to pay closer attention to that. If that isn't motivation I don't know what is (burning 30 to 60 pct more while sleeping :biggrin:

A couple questions:

1. How is it overestimating your calories? Do you mean that you think the calorie counts of foods on their website are a bit high, or is it doing something else?

2. The watch portion of it that you can clip on your pants, bag etc.......If I am in a meeting, can I leave it in my office (so it doesn't beep during the meeting) and then when my armband and I return to the office with they sync? Or do they need to be in constant close proximity for the info on the watch to be correct?

Bear with me if these are silly ques. I didn't get mine yet (tomorrow) and I'm a bit excited.

It is overestimating how many calories I am burning. Therefore, it is telling me that I am eating 200 more than I actually am.

It's a small thing but I take it personally and feel like the computer is calling me a liar.

I leave the watch thing in my car and look at it maybe twice a week. It is kind of useless to me. I get what I need when I upload.

I'm 57 and have a slow metabolism also. I lose about 4 lbs a month. I also have a thyroid condition that showed up 5 yrs ago.Have your T3 and T4's checked. Also slow weight loss stays off better than those who lost 30-40lbs right away. Fewer Plateau's. I need to step up my exercise also.

Hmmm so far the weightloss has been equivalent to what BB projected. Much to my surprise. My activity has been way up this week due to not having to work :lol: If only that can stay that way all the time!

Hmmm so far the weightloss has been equivalent to what BB projected. Much to my surprise. My activity has been way up this week due to not having to work :biggrin: If only that can stay that way all the time!

My weight loss has been dead on for practically the last 3 months! The burn and consume numbers aren't always dead on but the delta is correct.

My activity has been way down this week due to not having to work and altering my routine. :lol:

Today is my first day wearing my BodyBugg! I hope I can get used to it. I definitely know it’s there. But like a Wedding ring, I hope that eventually it will start to become a part of me. As yes, we are now married and will be until Halloween.

I wasn’t actually planning to start wearing it until tomorrow, but I just couldn’t stand how awful I’d been to myself lately and had to get it started as of now. I’m still planning a good dinner tho!

I don't use the menu part. I cannot plan meals in advance.

You'll get used to it. I only take mine off to shower. But I don't wear sleeveless shirts.

If you're arm goes numb, you have it too tight. :lol: