Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Snack do you eat one each day? If so What?

My nutritionist told me I should have 3 smaller meals and a small snack each day.

Can you all tell me what you eat for a snack or if you even eat a snack? I don't each dairy so I'm looking for ideas.

Thanks!

How about raw tofu chuncks? We do a lot of tofu at our house at snack time.

Personally, I try not to snack. It just doesnt work for me. I appreciate all the wisdom about it keeping your metabolism up, but I just tend to not stop eating once I start, between meals. I always lose better and more without snacking.

If I do snack, its usually when I choose to have a treat - like a cookie or two.

Which is why I try not to!

here are a couple of snack ideas, dry fruit ie, prunes , raisins, craisins, appricots they have lots of Fiber and aid in digestion if you know what i mean. Nuts are also good raw almonds, cashews, pistachios make sure to portion out one serving since these are very easy to evereat. Soynuts are great too good source of Protein. multigrain crackers again use Portion Control never eat straight out of the box. Use the little snack size plastic baggies. Edamame steamed with a little salt is awesome low cal and good source of fiber and protein. You said you dont do milk even if you are lactose intolerant you can have an aged cheese that will have little to no lactose in it. Again portion control since these can have alot of cals. I like cheese sticks and the laughing cow wedges. These are just a couple of ideas hope they helped.

Edited by soocalchic

My nutritionist told me I should have 3 smaller meals and a small snack each day.

Can you all tell me what you eat for a snack or if you even eat a snack? I don't each dairy so I'm looking for ideas.

Thanks!

I eat 6 meals a day (every 3 hours). During the week, I do Protein shakes for all but 1 (dinner) meal.

On the weekends, I usually have two eggs and two slices of turkey bacon for Breakfast, a 'salad' type lunch with Protein in my salad or tuna salad (yes I use real mayo) in a Tomato or something similar and a regular dinner of about 4 oz protein, a cup of steamed vegies and 1/4 cup of potatoes, rice or Pasta. The other 3 'in-between' meals are a low carb/low cal Protein Drink. It helps keep my blood sugar stable. I guess some people would call them Snacks.

These in between meals can also be a hardboiled egg, 2 oz of cheese, 1/4 cup cottage cheese. Basically something with protein that would help keep the blood sugar stable.

For me personally, snacking turns to grazing and I just don't do it. I tend to gain weight if I snack even healthy stuff. As you can see here by the responses everyone is different so you will have to test it and see what works for you. Your ultimate goal is weight loss so if snacking works for you and you lose weight then that is the way to go. If you try it and you don't lose the weight as desired then it might be something to cut out.

Some days I need a snack. I have diabetes and on insulin. When my blood sugar is too low I chose a high Protein snack or a small portion of fruit. I will have dried fruit or fresh berries. I also like pecans or cashews.

Linda in WA

weight.png

My nut told me to eat a peeled apple a day as it aids in fiber. Also, WHeat Thins. Just make sure to measure out a portion of them. The tomato/basil ones are great.

I love chocolate so here is what I do. I work 10hr days so I always have a baggie of almonds whole w/salt or slivered unsalted along with semi sweet chocolate chips mixed together. Also little cups of applesauce easy to pack up and leave in a desk drawer. The nuts and chocolate do seem to help in the late afternoon for a pick me up. Oh and that sweet salty thing is just divine!

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate all the ideas!