Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Whey Liquid Protein Shots!

I bought a case of them at the local health food store before my surgery (was banded yesterday) and they are pretty darn good. They have like 42 grams of Protein in each one. I drink half in the morning and half at lunch. I like the orange better than the fruit punch, fyi. The health food store let me put a variety of them in the box. Haven't tried the grape or berry ones yet but will let you know when I do.

Even if they were nasty it's only 3.4 ounces in each one so I am shoot them back and hold my nose if the other flavors are icky.

Are you talking about the bullets? My nutritionist said they're a no no. I don't remember why but she gave me a flyer with all kinds of stuff from bariatriceating.com and circled the bullet and put an X through it. hahah.

Are you talking about the bullets? My nutritionist said they're a no no. I don't remember why but she gave me a flyer with all kinds of stuff from bariatriceating.com and circled the bullet and put an X through it. hahah.

According to my nutritionist, the bullets are fine for banders, not RNYers.

When I was going through pre-op I actually went to the bariatriceating store in Ft. Lauderdale and they were selling the bullets themselves. After they started coming out with more of their own Protein flavors, and items, they quit selling the bullets.

I use the bullets, have one daily, and am down 55 lbs in 6 months. I have had 3 fills and one slight unfill and am at 6cc in a 10cc band.

What's the name of the new Liquid Protein shots? I am really interested in trying them if I can find them. :eek:

my nurse said those Protein shots (look like test tube vials, right?) are ok... the ones i have are 25 gms of Protein each. They sell them by the case at costco (the nurse told us that, too).

i got the fruit punch (i WISH costco let us mix the cases), didn't really like the flavor or consistency out of the vial, but i diluted it in a large glass of Water and sipped it over the course of an hour. it wasn't as bad.

yes - that's exactly what the costco ones look like -- only they're 25g of Protein.

thanks for the visual aid! :eek:

Yep, those are the bullets, and 2 nutritionists that I have spoken with said they are great for banders. I spoke to the lady that registered me for my endoscopy before surgery and she said she had one a day for the year since she had her surgery.

I have seen them at Wal-Mart in their pharmacy department for $1.94 each. They also sell them at the Vitamin Shoppe online.