Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wish Me Luck! Big Day Is TOMORROW!!

Hey there! I had my surgery the same day as you and I also had a huge hernia. Today marks the 3 day mark for me and I still have a sore throat. My incisions are feeling a little better. My head hurts. For me the worst part is that I have pain when I take a really deep breath. The surgeon said my hernia had pushed my stomach into my chest so there may be some stitches or something irritating it. Just wondering if you were experiencing the same thing. Glad to know that there is someone else out there at the same point with a similar situation.:)

The patch is for nausea and you can wear it for three days..BIG help..felt nauseated but haven't thrown up so far.. I did not stay overnight, it was my decision but I had a 10 year at home sick and my husband couldn't be 2 places at once so I chose to come home. It has been a rough road, worse than I had expected but Im probably gonna live..Can't get my 60 g of Protein in and am really struggling to get my 64 ounces Fluid. I guess right now is the frustration period.My throat and mouth hurt from the tubes..my stomach hurts from the incisions., cant get comfortable and the headaches are horrible..Quit the caffeine as soon as you can to help with this:cursing:

yes deep breathes hurt and I get sharp pains on my right side..Not sure why...My incisions are itching so I guess they are healing..Have you tried to eat anything yet? I have broth and Jello but the cold causes stomach cramps..I am staying very tired and weak, r u?:)

Hello everyone,

I am new to this site but I have been reading the stuff for a few days and it has done wonders for me mentally. My big day in Jan 5 (19 days) and then I will be banded. Congratulations to all that has done it and for those who have not be encourage!!

The patch is for nausea and you can wear it for three days..BIG help..felt nauseated but haven't thrown up so far.. I did not stay overnight, it was my decision but I had a 10 year at home sick and my husband couldn't be 2 places at once so I chose to come home. It has been a rough road, worse than I had expected but Im probably gonna live..Can't get my 60 g of Protein in and am really struggling to get my 64 ounces Fluid. I guess right now is the frustration period.My throat and mouth hurt from the tubes..my stomach hurts from the incisions., cant get comfortable and the headaches are horrible..Quit the caffeine as soon as you can to help with this:cursing:

My surgery is tomorrow. I have been a bit stressed today and have had a headache. I have a lot going on with my schooling, work and this of course. I am going to stay the night. My S. O. is concerned and doesn't want any problems. I have no problem staying and I know how I am after surgery. All I want to do is sleep. After a night sleep I think I will be ok and not be so bad. I am glad you are doing ok. I am sure I will feel about the same as you do however. I am trying to decide if I am going to go back to work on Monday. We will see come Sunday, how things are going.

I am feeling better today.Swelling is starting to go down and I feel like I have a Jello stomach. Energy getting better no more pain meds, nights are a bit rough because of getting very stiff in bed but I think I am on the upswing.. Good luck and prayers to all you upcoming bandsters:thumbup:

I am feeling better today.Swelling is starting to go down and I feel like I have a Jello stomach. Energy getting better no more pain meds, nights are a bit rough because of getting very stiff in bed but I think I am on the upswing.. Good luck and prayers to all you upcoming bandsters:thumbup:

Hi cgreen and others, I have also come through with flying colors at least I think so. My surgery was on Thursday, I spent the night at the facility. This was good for a couple of reasons. I could get nice shots of morphine, I think I took about 4 of those and then they started the liquid pain meds:cursing: Yuck. But it is working for the discomfort. food right now does not sound good to me. But have been taking in Water, Jello, and broth. This is just fine for me at this point. I am finding that the Crystal light drinks are awful. They are very sweet and leave a terrible after taste. Knock on wood no nausea YEA. I am some nice colors of black, red and blue on my tummy, and I can still feel the gas in there. My back has been uncomfortable today. I have no regrets to having this done at this point and I finally feel as if I am doing something right. What was interesting was the night I spent in the hospital I was very dehydrated and they kept putting on the saline bags which was good, Then my IV blew and they had to restart it. The evening night supervisor started it and we were talking about work and such. Then she offered me a job. Oh yea if I didn't mention it I am a nurse. It would be an interesting job and I think it could be one that I could get involved with. I will have to think about this. I hope all is going well for all of you as well I am looking forward to hearing from you.. Thanks DD

I really hope everyone banded in the last couple of weeks is doing well--I personally had a major setback and was unable to get back online until today-It was very scary-I experienced the "sliming" effect. I really overdid it on Friday physically because I was feeling so much better and then I ate 4 spoons of creamy potato soup.. The "sliming" began and I thought I had ripped all of my insides out.. After dehydration and no intake for 2 days I think I may be gonna make it now..Ya'll take it easy and listen to your body--I am having very bad car sickness so no travel for Christmas for me but I think it may be from the dizziness caused by the dehydration..Let me know if everyones Okay>>...Merry Christmas!!

I really hope everyone banded in the last couple of weeks is doing well--I personally had a major setback and was unable to get back online until today-It was very scary-I experienced the "sliming" effect. I really overdid it on Friday physically because I was feeling so much better and then I ate 4 spoons of creamy potato soup.. The "sliming" began and I thought I had ripped all of my insides out.. After dehydration and no intake for 2 days I think I may be gonna make it now..Ya'll take it easy and listen to your body--I am having very bad car sickness so no travel for Christmas for me but I think it may be from the dizziness caused by the dehydration..Let me know if everyones Okay>>...Merry Christmas!!

HI C green, I am glad that you were able to make it through a major set back. I have been good in regards to the food but not so good with the driving. I am not suppose to drive until tomorrow. I really thought that I could go back to work. So I drive to our main office yesterday (this is about 50+ miles away) passed out a few Christmas bag gifts and then I got stopped by the bosses. They took one look at me and said GO HOME. I was pale and flushed and looked very tired. I have to admit now (I didn't admit yesterday) That I was actually felling yucky, The pain had increased and I did have a couple of bouts of nausea,:biggrin: (First time for that). So I reassigned my patients and drove the long distance home and spent the rest of the day in bed. I called into work last night for today. They were all on board with me staying home. I have to admit that I have felt a little hunger at times or maybe it is what ever my S.O. is cooking in the kitchen for himself. I can start the semi solid doiet on Thursday. I have to say I don't have a real strong urge to eat. I am working on the Water, eating a lot of Jello, and broths for the most part at this time. My tummy is very colorful with bruises, but it doesn't hurt on the outside but sore on the inside. I have been sligty dehydreated, with some lightheadedness. I am sleeping more. It will be a week tomorrow from surgery and I have lost 10 pounds. I still have a lot of gas in my abdomen, ieven with small walks I do pass some gas. My biggest complaint is the itching. I believe it is from the Vicodin liquid that I am itching. When I cut back on this the itching is not so bad. I am moving around better. So all in all I think I am doing ok. :tongue: I hope everyone else is doing well. Take care.. and write when you can. Donna