Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need some encouragement...

Hey everyone...we will be heading to the hospital on friday morning. Hopefully we will only be there one day for them to get his body cleaned out. Keep your prayers going this works out so that we can move ahead with getting his surgery done and over with.

Thanks for letting me come here and talk about it. It's so helpfull to be able to talk to friends that way I can stay strong for Curtis. I don't cry in front of him but thankfully I have an understanding husband that will let me break down with him. It's just so tough but I know I can do it because I was giving and good man above knew I could handle this so I am going to do my job.

I love this place....Thanks again for your continued support and prayers it really does mean the world to me.

Kim, I am totally free on Friday, so if you need anything please let me know. Also if you want to call me or one of us so we can keep everyone posted that will be great. Sorry I haven't called you this week.

Do you want to do lunch tomorrow I'll be downtown?

Your post above gave me goose bumps, with so much going on with Curtis, you still have the strength to know you've got a good man, how awesome is that!!!

Hi Kim,

I just read this thread and it made me think about my little nephew Timmy. He was born without an esophogus (sp?) and his mom had to pump and feed him breast milk thru a tube to his stomach and then other liquid foods for the frist 6 months of his life. They had to take out a part of his bowel and "build" an espophagus for him. I think he had about 5 major operations before he was 4 years old. He always had to be very careful to eat slowly and be in an upright position since the built esophagus would never have the nerves and muscles to move food down like a natural one would.

I remember how heartbreaking it was for my sister-in-law when Tim was going thru all those operations and how much she worried the pain of it would scar him for life. If there are scars, he seems to have turned them into callouses of strength as he is now a STRAPPING 6'1" gorgeous, intelligent young man with straight A's filling out college applications. He's really a very "thinking" and sensitive guy. I really can't imagine how he could be any better.

This is all so hard and awful for you to go thru, but I'm sure Curtis will also grow into a beautiful, strong young man and all the hardship you're enduring now will be a memory. And the heartfelt memory of how much his mother loved and cared for him during this time will always be a bright spot held in your son's soul.

Hello everyone...well we made it home tonight. YEAH!!! It was a rough start but finally he started flowing (out both ends at time) and we are good. The doctor has giving instructions to follow until his surgey which will be with in the next 3 weeks. Well that is what he said tonight. I just love our surgeon he is great with Curtis and really seems to care about us. He was so great...my sister and my baby neice went with us this morning, my sister is an RN and thank goodness she held him down while the nurses put the IV in and the NG tube in. I just wanted to cry. Curtis didn't cry until he saw himself in a mirror...so I put a towel over it and he couldn't see himself. He just layed around and watched PBS and some movies thank goodness for portable DVD players.

So one obsticale (sp) overcome and one huge one left. I really can't express my graitude to everyone here and your continued support and prayers as they all being answered.

I will update you again when I find out the surgery date...Let's hope it's painless and quick.

Kim,

lots of big bear ((hugs)) to you and Curtis.

My 5 yr old has problems voiding - since birth!

All I can say is that is a very humbling situation (for both child and parent).

You are being prayed for...

I'm glad to hear curtis is home and feeling much his normal self. Will be thinking of you and curtis and hope for a sucessful surgery in the upcoming weeks.

Melissa

Glad to hear everything is flowing again. Please keep us updated on how he is doing and when his surgery is coming. We are thinking about you Curtis.

Angie

Bless you both! Thanks for keeping us posted. Our prayers continue to go with you!

I called the Dr today and they are going to call me this week sometime to set up the surgery. I am so ready to get it over with. I am just a bag of nerves right now. UGH!!!! I know it will all be ok and it will be over soon...well this one part of it anyway.

Thanks for letting me come here and talk...it really helps and it's so nice knowing I have so much support and prayer coming our way.

Hang in there Kim; it will be over soon, and Curtis will be good as new!

Venting is good! Do it any time! Were here for you!

He'll be bouncing back in no time and axiously looking for Santa and feeling great! And you will too!

Prayers are with you guys.

I hope you get your date soon so you know when it will happen. Keep hanging in there. We are here for ya! Don't ever forget that.

Angie