Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well i have an appointment to have a consultation with the surgeon. does this sound like an approval or no???? i noticed on my insurance statement that i have 4 approved visits it doesn't say exactly what they are for.

It depends on where you're going through, my approval came first then the surgeon visit, as to not waste the surgeon's time. But I've seen the reverse happen for others, visit then approval. I would ask your scheduler or coordinator, often times they know before you do. I got my letter of approval from my insurance almost a week after True Results called and told me I was approved.

The one thing I've noticed about this journey we're all taking is that it seems no journey is the same.. everybody is different. Your patient advocate or scheduler should know in your doctor's office.

Good luck!

ok yea i accually ended up calling my insurence company and they said that it was approved and to call the surgeon to scedule but they wernt able to tell me weather it was for to consult or the surgery

I'm sure they meant for surgery...you could always call and ask them to clarify.. Consult isn't necessary unless surgery is looming

I'm sure they meant for surgery...you could always call and ask them to clarify.. Consult isn't necessary unless surgery is looming

thats true

Is this your initial consultation with the surgeon? Have you not had any kind of waiting period or other appointments? If so, sit back and enjoy the ride. It's probably going to be a while.

I had my initial consultation on 9/18/09 and they scheduled me for a nutritionist; psychologist; sleep study; a follow up with them for the next 3 months and a final consultation on 1/06/10.

I was told that my paperwork would be submitted to the insurance company on January 6th or 7th and I would probably be scheduled for surgery in early February if all goes well.

OK i was thinking that but everything has seemto go pritty fast it was a week wait for the insurence to approve the consult and then i got made my appoitnment on that same day for the first availible with was thursday, i asked the receptionist what come safter and he said a check list of things will have to be done. From talking to other who use my insurence it seem like things go pritty fast. Im hoping it will for me. thank you you all for your responce