Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's touch base again!

How is everyone doing? How is the weight loss coming?

I've only had one fill, but am still losing slow but sure, so I'm going to hold off on another one.

I find that I am becoming addicted to exercise. I've been doing the leslie sansone walking the weight off dvds. I've also just started the couch to 5k training... when I came home today, I told my husband that you never know how fat you are until you try to run!

So, how is everyone doing??

hi Dana - you are doing great! I lost about 35 lbs and I just had my third fill which was a bit aggressive (my fault she was on the fence and I pushed her over). With that I lost about 6 lbs this week alone - 3 of which I am sure will come back. I was on liquids for about 4 days. Doing better now just ate some flaked fish and holding it down. Yesterday also was able to hold down mushies. But it was rough there for a while.

I had been walking home every day 1.5 miles and the other day I walked home from my doctor's appt which was nearly 4 miles. I was also going to the gym but that has now stopped as work has taken over (I was going in the AM but now I have 2 7am meetings and 1 8 am meeting so its hard). I should just go during the day at work.

I'm happy with the results so far, i feel so much better both physically and I am a new person mentally. I put on those last 25lbs very quickly this year and it really changed me mentally. Now I am lower than i was in the last 2 years. And in 10 lbs I will be seeing weight i haven't seen in 10 years.

I baseline this at how successful or not I have been in the past.. i.e i never managed more than 15-20 lbs then regain now I'm at 35! YAY.

Keep up the great work! And don't be too hesitant to go for fills.

How is everyone doing? How is the weight loss coming?

I've only had one fill, but am still losing slow but sure, so I'm going to hold off on another one.

I find that I am becoming addicted to exercise. I've been doing the leslie sansone walking the weight off dvds. I've also just started the couch to 5k training... when I came home today, I told my husband that you never know how fat you are until you try to run!

So, how is everyone doing??

actually i take it back - you lost 50lbs! that isn't slow at all! Agreed no rush for the fills. Where are you at do you know? cc wise?

actually i take it back - you lost 50lbs! that isn't slow at all! Agreed no rush for the fills. Where are you at do you know? cc wise?

Sorry it has taken me a while to get back here. I've been so busy though the holidays.

I am at 2cc's in my band. I've not gone back for a second fill yet. With exercise, the weight seems to continue to slowly come off at about 1.5 - 2 pounds a week. So, I want to wait until it slows down before I get anymore Fluid. My dr said that I had a lot of fat on my stomach, so until that is gone, I'll not need as much Fluid as someone who doesn't have fat on their stomach.

I wouldn't be rushing either you want it at 1 to 2 lbs a week you are doing awesome. I had too much fill on my 3rd one and dropped 10 lbs in two weeks - i've kept it off (after the unfilled). You don't have a 4 cc band do you? Sorry my memory sucks so if its not in your signature I won't remember - LOL. Its so interesting that everyone's mileage varies so much.

I'm at 5.6 cc's and I think i am at my sweet spot (after the unfill); Others who had surgery with us are at 7'ish or 6'ish and seem good.

I got a Bodybugg present to myself - I am loving it! I have to compare the calories burned w/ my heartrate monitor (soon as I get batteries replaced on it) but its awesome! I horseback ride (train not pleasure though it is fun don't get me wrong)... and as I thought its about 600-800 cals an hour depending. I only do 45 mins usually (i can go longer but my trainer doesn't want the horse going longer). It is really cool though you can see your entire day and what you did or didn't do. I'm sure when i go back to office it will be a flatline LOL.

You know, I never asked my dr what size band I have.. All I know is it is the AP band?? So, whatever size that is.

I don't have a body bugg, but I have a go wear fit band (basically the same thing). I LOVE IT. I have been really working hard doing the Leslie Sansone walk away the miles, kettlebells and Jillian Micheals' 30 day shred. I love seeing how many calories I can burn during a workout. It keeps me motivated. Tonight, I did Leslie's 4 mile super challenge and burned 533 calories in an hour!

You know, I never asked my dr what size band I have.. All I know is it is the AP band?? So, whatever size that is.

I don't have a body bugg, but I have a go wear fit band (basically the same thing). I LOVE IT. I have been really working hard doing the Leslie Sansone walk away the miles, kettlebells and Jillian Micheals' 30 day shred. I love seeing how many calories I can burn during a workout. It keeps me motivated. Tonight, I did Leslie's 4 mile super challenge and burned 533 calories in an hour!

The older ones are 4cc's which would mean at 2 cc's you are half full... the newer ones are 10 cc's and 14 cc's which at 2 cc's you barely have anything in it. I think the AP should have another letter after to indicate whether it is 10 or 14 but I am not sure. So it sounds like the newer one. I think Mexico they use the 4cc one still. Not sure if they do in the states.