Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

have you been aske dto remove saline?

I went to the dr. on Wed. the nurse suggested my bad was too tight and she wanted to remove 1/2 cc.. I said no!! I am having trouble "going", when I finally do, I will feel much better. So I had to come home and preform a few "procedures" to get moving again. I feel fine, now..

I was having a lot of trouble keeping food down and felt very nauseous.. now I feel fine and am drinking plenty of fluids and eating a lot of fiber..I had this problem prior to being banded..it was very painful this time and my usual tricks didn't work. very tough..

has anyone else been asked to have saline removed???

thanks so much

Hi:

What you've mentioned is called an unfill. I've had to have small unfills two times because I became too tight. One time was because of a head cold and post nasal drip. The other time I have no clue. If your band is too tight it can cause alot of problems and actually cause you to gain weight because you'll just eat slider foods. Don't be afraid to have a little taken out if they suggest it again.

Good luck with your weight loss. You've already lost 67 pounds so you must be doing alot of the right things.

Sue

LOTS of us have had unfills. I've had two. You know your body better than anybody and since you'd experience similar sensations before and knew the cause, you were probably right on the money to decline an unfill. But remember that it may come up again in the future and it may be the right thing! My first unfill was a whole cc because I couldn't swallow anything, not even my own spit, immediately after a very aggressive fill of 4cc. 1 cc gone and I was FINE. The second time, I struggled for weeks, getting stuck at least once every meal, PBing at least once every meal and was resulting to "slider" food and really not losing any weight. Just .2cc out and all the problems went away and I got back on track.

Bottom line is, I'm glad you could solve your own problem...and just be aware that an unfill isn't necessarily a bad thing.

WOW, I certainly don't want to go backwards. I didn't even think about slider food...I had been just drinking shakes...

I feel soooo much better. I have been "moving" regularly...I Have been chewing a lot more and using my mini-chopper all the time. I so appreciate all the feedback, it keeps me focused on my goal....

Just an update..I had all mt Fluid removed/unfilled on 12/11/09..I went to have 1cc removed because i was still so uncomfortable..I was throwing up so bad that I had to go back that afternoon and have all of it removed-6cc total.

I went back on 12/28..they put 4cc back in. I fell much better, but the holidays were very tough. I gained 9lbs..ughh..But I am back on track and I am so greatful for all the input you have given me..

TTFN

I had an unfill last Friday...

I went in on Thursday for a checkup/fill. I got .5 cc's put in (previously 5.6cc's, thought I could use a little more). It made me swollen so that I couldn't even swallow my spit!! I woke up choking on my saliva in the middle of the night, couldn't even keep down Water.

When I went in on Friday they took out 1.6cc's, and even as of today, Wednesday, I still feel restricted. I think stress or something is making me more reactive to my band. I feel ok.. just must have been something going on. I am so happy someone was there to take out some!!

I think it is normal though.. up and down depending on what is going on inside... I'm sure i'll get a fill again next month. Rather be safe than sorry!!