Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I missed my 1st fill

I was going to my fill this morning and looked at the appt card to confirm the location and realized it was yesterday. I had marked it on my Calendar for today. I got the usual $100 fee and now I won't get my first fill until January and I had my surgery on Oct 7th. I’m starving and can't do anything about it. This suck I’m a dumb a$$ for overlooking this.

seriously? they wont work with you??? wow, I think I'd start looking for a new doctor and I'd be very sure to tell them why.

Hello Southern Charm:

The more threads I read, the more lucky I know that I am because the LapBand surgeon that I have is so much more patient and customer friendly than alot of them.

I would look for a surgeon that is a little bit more flexible in their scheduling for your future care. Or, learn to live by their schedules.

Best wishes to you. I feel bad that you'll be in "bandster hell" for so long.

I love my band and my new flat tummy!

Sue

Thanks, I just got the call and my new Appt is Jan 7th, a long time to wait for my mistake. I’ll be the king of banster hell. The problem in finding a new Dr is that my Dr is one of the best in S Jersey and I have never had a complaint with his practices. I am still losing but as you know each day is harder and harder.

If you're pretty flexible, ask if they can put you on call for last minute cancellations.

Southern Charm why did they wait so long to give you your first fill? I was also banded on Oct 7 and I have had a fill for a month now.

Southern Charm why did they wait so long to give you your first fill? I was also banded on Oct 7 and I have had a fill for a month now.

It seems that my Dr is a little too busy. I was thinking I would get my first fill after 6 weeks but when I went for my 6 week appt the first time they had was the 3rd of Dec. This suck, it will now be 3 months from surgery to 1 sty fill. I do know this is my fault but I wish my Dr was a little more flexible. How much restriction do you have after your first fill? I have none right now, I think I could eat a large pizza but I am sticking to my diet and focusing on not gaining

If you're pretty flexible, ask if they can put you on call for last minute cancellations.

They told me they will call if they have any cancellations

...How much restriction do you have after your first fill? I have none right now, I think I could eat a large pizza but I am sticking to my diet and focusing on not gaining

I felt a little restriction for a couple of weeks after my first fill. I'm sure it was mostly residual swelling from the fill. Most people need a few fills to get noticeable and sustained restriction. Although my first fill was 4.2 cc in a 9 cc band, and my doctor was fairly aggressive with my adjustments, it took me several fills to reach good restriction, so there's no way to say for sure how you'll feel after your first adjustment. Some of the factors I've found that play a role:

1. amount of fill your doctor will give you

2. size of you stomach

3. if you have fat around your stomach, how quickly it dissolves

4. if you tend to swell a lot after a fill, you may have to go a little slower with adjustments