Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

post op appointment

Got my staples out today....yah. I've lost 10lbs since the morning I went in the hospital...not shabby. While waiting for my visit there was a lady that had gastric bypass four weeks ago and has lost 30lbs. They have us following the exact same diet. She said she had to do puree for 2 weeks after liquids? Yuck...I guess I'll find out my fate next week when I go to the nutritionist for sure. Or Angie might jump in and tell me. I've done good so far on the liquids...haven't cheated yet. I did buy me some gum today...I know I know I won't swallow it...but damn this girl needed to chew.

Melissa

Hey Melissa,

At two weeks, I went to "soft" foods-- but not as mushy as I thought-- definately not pureed. Basically you can have string cheese, a little oatmeal, a few crackers with peanutbutter or creamcheese, or a half of a english muffin. You can also have an egg. There may be a couple of other things. That is for 2 weeks and then gradually you add fish, chicken, beef then veggies. I am in my fish week-- which doesn't really do me any good since I don't eat fish... looking forward to next week with the chicken though!

Hope that helps!

Courtney

That is great Melissa....girl you are going to do so well with this. I am so glad it is finally behind you and you are bandster now. I am not sure what the diet is for you but I came from the hospital on softs and didn't have a problem...I didn't puree anything. That just sounds nasty. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks.

I'm just glad hubby can stop "taking care of me". :) You know...I busted but trying to get everything organized and ready for him before surgery....and today I get up to get the kids ready...can't find a clean uniform shirt for the little one. Conviently he used the last yesterday? Basically other than the first day or maybe two home from the hospital I haven't needed hubby to take care of me...and he hasn't....but he didn't do anything else either as far as the house goes. He got the kids up and ready and took them to school every morning, but thats about it. I think his computer got some extra care! LOL The house is in shambles, the sink would be full...but I finally had enough and loaded the dishwasher myself yesterday morning. Can't walk through the game room...thank you 5 year old.

I'm sorry, I should be grateful my hubby took off a week, but I guess I'm just venting. It doesn't help that I feel I have a solid week of house work ahead of me and it still hurts to pick things up off the floor.

Melissa

Yeah, I know what you mean about it hurting when you pick things up off the floor-- after the first week, (with the exception of incision pain) I totally felt like a normal person and like I SHOULD be able to do all of my regular things, but then I'd do laundry or pick up alot around the house -- (worst was vacuuming) and I'd be really sore! Actually, now at 1 month out, I am still sore if I overdo it...

Courtney

Girl you vent away....luckly I had my mom come over to help because I know how the hubby is. Mom's are great...she came over and helped me out everyday for a week. Would bring dinner or fix it. Hubby did at least change our sons diaper in the morning but took him to the nanny's house in his PJ's. Gotta love that. Men gotta love them. :) Look I haven't even been laid up with surgery and our house isn't very clean....I guess I know what I will be doing this weekend. Anyone want to come and join? Hey we could do Melissa's house first and then make our rounds. haha...

LOL...Thats the plan this weekend...clean. It may not be spotless, but I at least want the kitchen cleaned and the floors vacuming. A week without vancuming and my floores look horrible. Mostly because I have a 70lb long haired white fluff ball of a dog, and he is currently in shed a rama mode.

I got to the gym today...felt good, though I only did 40 minutes on the treadmill. Going to try and walk outside for a bit later to get the other 30 minutes in my Dr. wants us to do. OH and I start working at the Y next wed! :) Right now I'm just filling in and such...so will work the next three wed. for someone that is out.

Well off to warm up some broth...YUM! :Bunny