Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I drank and now my band is being Horrible... Help Plz

So I had my surgery on July 15th 2009 and everything was going fine. Last night unfortunately I had the urge to have liquor for the first time and I had a couple of drinks, I thought It would be okay since its been about 6 months. However I got really sick and threw up liquid all night long and today I have not been able to keep anything down. Not Gatorade or Water and I am pretty scared because I do not know if I should maybe wait another day or? ???

If you literally only had two drinks, I'd say either you got a bout of food poisoning or you got the stomach flu, and it just happened to coincidence that you had alcohol last night. I can't imagine why you'd get that sick otherwise. I'd call your doctor though. He may want you to come in and get an unfill if you can't hold down liquids and you're vomiting. You don't want to get dehydrated or mess up your band.

I hope you're feeling better soon.

So I had my surgery on July 15th 2009 and everything was going fine. Last night unfortunately I had the urge to have liquor for the first time and I had a couple of drinks, I thought It would be okay since its been about 6 months. However I got really sick and threw up liquid all night long and today I have not been able to keep anything down. Not Gatorade or Water and I am pretty scared because I do not know if I should maybe wait another day or? ???

I would say that maybe you should give your LB doc a call. Not a good situation to be in and you could be dehydrated.

Good luck and hope you start feeling better soon.

Is it like actually throwing up, or is it just sort of burping up? Either way, you need to call your doc. My doc told me that if I got a stomach bug, to call right away for meds. Throwing up is very hard on your band. If you're just burping it up, then your band may be too tight and you need to be unfilled. Either way, the doc should be consulted.

I hope you feel better soon!

Well I’ll drink something like blue Gatorade just small amounts and I can feel it in my chest and I try to hold it in and it will stay like that for a while so I’ll go to the restroom and it will just all come back out clear. And I had my last fill like a month ago and im up to 4CC’s and I haven’t had that much of a problem til lately.

Here's what I know for sure - if this goes on too long, your band will get irritated and you will have to be completely unfilled and start the filling process over from scratch. Been there, done that - and I won't let it happen again.

Call your doc before you have to be unfilled or worse - hospitalized for dehydration.

Thanks you guys... im going to call my dr. tomorrow to see if i can go in. I just came home and laid on my bed and cannot stop burping... i just feel bad. I think i might be dehyrdated so im gonna ask him to remove a CC we'll see how it goes then