Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 months of supervised diet? DONE

Psych eval? DONE

17 pages of notes sent to BCBS for approval? DONE

My packet o' papers was faxed over to Blue Cross this morning! This is our second shot at approval. I think we dotted and crossed everything now and I will be approved this time.

I lost 15 pounds on the supervised diet but find myself doing a little cheating lately since the 3 months is done and I want to eat whatever I want while I can.

Anyone else in the same boat as me? I was hoping for November surgery and now I'm thinking it's going to be January. It'll be a good way to start the new year!

I am scheduled for banding in Jan also. I am on medicare though so I only had to met with a nutritionist and fitness counselor. That was per my doc's request though. I met with the doc again in 2 weeks.

I have had the same thoughts about eat now what I can because after the band it will be limited but I have decided not to do that. I want to lose weight before surgery because I am so anxious about having "surgery". It terrifies me. I want to be as healthy as possible. Plus I am ready to face my demons carbs and soda. I have beat soda now but am still battling the carbs. My doc wants me on 30 carbs a day. I usually eat carbs all day long. He also says only 3 meals a day. NO Snacks. Which I have found to be really hard. My family eats dinner so late I have started eatting the rest of my meals later so I don't feel the urge to snack.< /p>

Anyway, I don't want to be battleing these things right after I have surgery and am suppose to be on liquids. I would not be able to do it.

I wouldn't suggesting eating whatever you want before surgery. They want you to lose weight so your liver isn't as enlarged as it probably is now. If the liver is too large they will not do surgery. Just remember ladies, it is SO worth putting down that second helping, or snack food. Good luck to both of you!