Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded on the 13th of nov so it has been about 18 days. i am able to eat soft foods now. any good ideas to eat that is good for you? i went to taco bell with my family and just had rice, cheese, and a little bit of sour cream. i cant eat refried Beans. think thats ok? i guess the question that i have, is does anyone have good recipes or ideas to eat better? i feel like i can just keep eating and eating and i dont like that! i hope i am not stretching out my stomach or anything. :tongue2:

You have to mentally check yourself at this point as to the quantity of food you eat and I know that sucks. You really do not have much restriction until you are filled properly and that can take several months.

Measure out your food keep yourself within 1/2 a cup. Eat is slow so you hopefully feel full by the time you are done. Its weird, most people cannot eat rice, you would think the Beans would go down just fine. lol Seems you are the opposite. Funny how everyone is different.

When I started eating soft solids I would continue with my Soups just adding some finely diced meats in them. It was really hard to 'eat out' until I could eat regular foods which you should have another 2 weeks before that I think.

Sorry this was not much help just hang in there, honestly this is the worst time, it gets better.

banded on the 13th of nov so it has been about 18 days. i am able to eat soft foods now. any good ideas to eat that is good for you? i went to taco bell with my family and just had rice, cheese, and a little bit of sour cream. i cant eat refried Beans. think thats ok? i guess the question that i have, is does anyone have good recipes or ideas to eat better? i feel like i can just keep eating and eating and i dont like that! i hope i am not stretching out my stomach or anything. :tongue2:

My doc said the total amount of food at a meal, at this point while I still have no restriction, should be about 1 cup. After fills, that will become less.

I would strongly advise not visit fast food places and to make your own meals at home. You'll get more in the way of nutrients per calorie than you will with fast food.

Meals should be Protein and vegies (cook well at this point or some will go down *hard*) with just a bit of carbs (I usually only take one dinner sized spoonful of the carbs)...all equaling about 1 cup. I put a 1 cup measuring cup on my plate and eye it. At first I had to remove some of the food, but I'm getting better.

Hummus is good and healthy. Scrambled eggs. I did some spaghetti squash with a bit of low sugar marinara and a tbsp of low fat ricotta...sort of a mock lasagna-ish type of thing. It's been over a month since my surgery (10-26) and my first fill isn't until 12-28. I have had a morning star spicy black bean patty before and chewed it very very well. Also I made alittle low fat creamed spinach that I sort of made up on my own. Good luck...you have to get really creative. I'm excited for my fill but still have a little bit to weight.

Soups are still really good too but add Protein like the other person said.

Good luck :tongue2:

I was also banded on 11/13 and just started soft foods. I have added eggs, salmon and some more veggies. Kinda kept with the mushies just not a pureed. My nutritionist said to add new foods slowly and keep track of what works and what doesn't. Her biggest thing is at least 60 grams of Protein throughout the day. Even though I can keep eating when I'm "done" I have to remind myself that I had surgery to make a life style change and that I need to make better choices.