Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Delights 2009

I would say get a fill. That is a crazy strict rule. I just had my 4th fill yesterday and they only say liquids for 24 hours and then mushies. Last night I had some refried Beans because I needed something a little more.

I can tell a huge difference since getting my fill yesterday. I just hope this type of restriction holds up. I'm sure to kick this plateau. Plus I just called the Y to get set up with a personal trainer.

Are they any others out there who are looking to have a baby after being banded? I already have 2 sons, but me and the hubby would love to add a third. I did rounds and rounds of fertility treatment to get my two wonderful little boys. I know I would have to continue my fertility treatments, but I'm hoping it would be easier this time around. Any others?

hey everyone!!! wow has time flown by! i cannot believe it is almost APRIL!!! but i am very happy with results thus far i think.. i found out last time i was at the dr office *february 18th that MY scale is against me and has lied to me.. i am down 5 more pounds than what it says ( with clothes on... at home i weigh naked, and dr office i weigh with clothes on) but other than it's vendetta against me everything has been going well.. i have one HUGE check mark on the weightloss accomplishment! it's only a female thing BUT i now have a period REGULAR!!! every month on the DATE!! i have never had this.. it has been awsome! life has been doing great! very happy with how this is going.. i did plautea for about 2 weeks but have been going good since!! i hope everyone has been having a great experience! i'm gonna try to stay in contact more!!! good luck and god bless

Danielle - I can relate to your small victory. I never got my period on my own. Now my visitor is here every month like she is suppose to be.

Are they any others out there who are looking to have a baby after being banded? I already have 2 sons, but me and the hubby would love to add a third. I did rounds and rounds of fertility treatment to get my two wonderful little boys. I know I would have to continue my fertility treatments, but I'm hoping it would be easier this time around. Any others?

Yes, we did IVF with no success prior to banding. Next step for us is donor eggs/embryos. Full story on my blog. It's too late to type it all out.

I'm with them - lie! The skinny people never have a problem not eating, and if I feel anything when they say "I'm full" or "I'm just not feeling hungry" I'm feeling jealous! You're doing so incredibly well! Don't you feel badly one way or the other! Look at what you've already accomplished!!

Hey everyone.. I too have hopes of having another baby after all this. That's my ultimate goal anyways. We have one baby so far. But it was work to get her. We miss carried a few times before getting pregnant with her. We want a second and I think with just the results so far its not a to outragious goal.. keep up the good work everyone and god bless!

Amen to Missy's post.

How did you all do over Easter? Did the Easter Bunny sabotage you, hold you down and make you eat chocolates eggs? He did that to me, but some how I managed not to gain anything - curiouser and curiouser! I did not loose either.

Karyn - did you get a fill? - just wondering how you did at Easter.

Now the Bunny is back in his hole, it is back to sensible eating for me (I hop, I mean hope!)

Do you think I have had too much 'Alice in Wonderland'???

Hugs to you all.

I was a bit sad because I had no kids home for the holiday - but the good part about that was that there were no candy challenges! I managed. For those of you with little ones, Easter must have been pretty tough! Glad we got through it.

I ate a few pieces of candy and a peep, but my problem wasn't the candy. It was the freakin' desserts! Ugh. I did really well with eating a good lunch. Then out came the banana cream pies. I ended up eating two slices (not at the same time), and then picked at stuff while I was sitting in the kitchen visiting with my MIL, and two aunts. I think from now on, I really just need to stay out of the kitchen, or whatever area, has all the food, then I can't pick.

There was no movement on the scale, but I'm sure it's just delayed reaction. However, I did drink a lot of Water, so that's good.

Hey everyone! I am having a hard time after this last fill. I puke quite a bit, but I find it's with certain things, not all. And I am hungry all day, like every 2 hours, but was told to eat 3 large meals, not eat when I am hungry every 2 hours. I am at a plateau and need help getting through it!!

That's a drag, Deanna. Pay attention to the things that make you sick and avoid them (obviously!). You may need to have a bit of the fill taken out - I've had to have that done twice because I seem to be a little delicate (said with a hearty laugh because I can hardly believe it!). When I get fills now then only put in .5 cc, and even then I occasionally have a few days of throwing up and nasty burps and chest pain. Hope you are better soon!

i've been having wretched pain when I eat. sometimes in my chest, and sometimes lower. i have only had one fill, so dont think i am too full. i am not a happy girl.

i did find out that burger king has a side salad that is a great option if you don't eat the croutons. with a big roadtrip coming up, i was happy to see that.

Wow, Missy, that's terrible. I have had similar pain, but only when I ate too much in the weeks after my surgery. Now the only time I have pain like that is when my band is too tight. If I were you I would call the doctor's office and speak with someone. I have no idea why your band would be ACTING as if it is too tight. Could it be evidence of something having moved or changed? Who knows, but I bet you'll feel some relief just KNOWING what's going on. Good luck - you've come so far already.