Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi - Pre-Op newbie. Going to seminar on Wednesday

So, I've decided that I need to make a change in my life. I'm going to a free seminar on Wednesday (Dr. Trace Curry in Cincinnati) and truthfully - I've already made up my mind that this is something that I need to have.

Pretty much all of my life I've been overweight. I was teased as a child, was a bulemic as a teen (the only time I was ever of normal weight) and as an adult with two children, I've gained a lot of weight since getting married. I truthfully get disgusted just thinking about myself at this point. Being big runs in my family but now I'm the biggest and am not happy with me.

The thing is - I'm always hungry. I could eat Breakfast and be hungry afterward and hungry mid-morning. Same with lunch- by 3:00, I'm looking for a snack. My stomach constantly growls. I know I don't make the best choices (I'm not a salad eater) but at the same time, in order for me to lose weight on a diet I have to consume under 1100 calories per day and that leaves me starving and irritable.

I called my insurance this morning and was devastated to find out that any weight loss surgery is excluded. Now I'm trying to figure out how I can cover this. My husband and I don't make a ton of money and our credit isn't perfect. Does anyone have any ideas for how they covered their fees? I can just see this being something where I'm denied all the way around. :confused:

I want to hear good stories - ones where you felt like there were no options but in the end you were able to do it. I'm just sort of distraught right now.

Welcome to LBT. I'm a self-pay as my insurance doesn't cover any type of WLS. I am financing 1/3 of the cost, taking out a loan from my 401(k) for 1/3, and taking a distribution from my IRA for 1/3. It's running me about $15,000.

I look at it as an investment. I'll get a return on it by not eating out as much, avoiding having co-morbidities that I don't have right now. The down side (economically) is that I'll have to buy new clothes! I think I can handle that.

Go the the main board, scroll down and you'll find a thread for self-payers. You may be able to get additional information there about how to finance.

Good luck with your journey. I get banded in 17 days.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches