Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band-friendly Thanksgiving Recipies?

Here are the ones I promised. The cheesecake is only 163 calories per slice and 15 g of protein! You better believe that has been my Breakfast the last 3 days. Anyone else have some good band friendly recipies to trade?

Kickin' Cranberry Sauce

PER SERVING (1/3 cup): 63 calories, 1g fat, 20mg sodium, 13g carbs, 2g Fiber, 8.5g sugars, 1g Protein -- POINTS® value 1*

Dab or pile this stuff on top of your turkey. Or just eat it plain! (There’s so much good fruit in here, we wouldn’t blame you.) P.S. For quick day-of assembly, start this off the day before...

Ingredients:

One 12-oz. bag whole cranberries

One 11-oz. can mandarin orange segments in their own juice

1 cup peeled and finely chopped apples

1 envelope (1/4 oz.) dry unflavored Gelatin

2/3 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)

1/4 cup Water. Set stove to medium heat, cover pot, and bring to a boil.

Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and continue to cook for 10 minutes, uncovering to stir occasionally. Meanwhile, in a small dish, combine gelatin with 1/4 cup cold Water, stir well and set aside.

Turn off heat and stir in gelatin mixture, stirring until dissolved and thoroughly combined. Stir in cinnamon and apples and mix well. Transfer mixture to a bowl, and refrigerate for at least 5 hours (overnight is best).

Once chilled and set, remove mixture from the fridge and give it a good stir. Drain juice from the can of orange segments. Roughly chop orange segments and drain any excess liquid from them. Slightly crush almonds so that they break into smaller pieces. Add chopped orange segments and almond pieces to the cranberry sauce, and mix thoroughly. Serve with lean turkey, pork, or chicken, or anything else you like cranberries with!

MAKES 12 SERVINGS

HG's vanilla Crème pumpkin Cheesecake

PER SERVING (1 slice, 1/12th of cheesecake): 160 calories, 3.25g fat, 579mg sodium, 20g carbs, 5g fiber, 7g sugars, 15g protein -- POINTS® value 3*

HG Heads Up! You'll need a springform pie pan for this recipe. You can usually find 'em cheapie-cheap at any supermarket, or Cereal (original); ground to a breadcrumb-like consistency in a blender or food processor

1/4 cup light whipped butter or light buttery spread (like Smart Balance Light or Brummel & Brown); melted & mixed with 1 oz. water

3 tbsp. Splenda No Calorie Sweetener, granulated

1 tsp. cinnamon

For Filling

32 oz. fat-free cream cheese; softened

1 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters)

1 cup canned pure pumpkin

1 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener, granulated

1/4 cup light brown sugar (not packed)

1 tsp. vanilla extract

1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

For Topping

3/4 cup fat-free sour cream

1/4 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener, granulated

1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

Directions:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Combine all crust ingredients and mix thoroughly. Spray a nonstick springform pie pan (about 9" wide) lightly with nonstick spray -- make sure to get the sides as well as the bottom. Then evenly distribute crumb mixture, using your hands or a flat utensil to firmly press and form the crust along the bottom of the pan. Set aside.

In a large bowl, combine all filling ingredients. Using an electric mixer set to medium speed, mix until completely blended and lump-free. Pour mixture into the pan.

Bake in the oven for approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes (or until set). Allow pie to chill in the fridge for at least 3 - 4 hours (overnight is best). Once pie has chilled, carefully release and remove springform top. Mix all topping ingredients together, and spread topping evenly over the pie. Return pie to the fridge until ready to serve. Cut pie into 12 slices.