Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tufts Ins. - I Can Change

Can someone please explain exactly what this program is? I have heard it's phonecalls but what info are they looking for? Are they checking to se if your attending the preop classes? That I am still trying to loose wt. on my own? And I assume it's the doctor who enrolls you in this program? I have a informational seminar 1/7/09 but it's not Tufts specific so I'm not sure this will be addressed. I would want to start the 6 month wait ASAP and having a June-Aug surgery date would be great and maybe see a little results by Christmas. My goal however is fourty, fit & fabulous so I actually plenty of time to accomplish my personal goal. :Yawn:

Hey There!

I am early in the lap band process as well, and have Tufts heath plan. I totally understand your confusion about their program since there is little to no info out there on it, untill you are actually enrolled.

icanchange is a 6 month program which must be completed before you will be covered for surgery. It consists of 8 phone calls with a consultant, durring which you make goals related to lifestyle changes, etc. and discuss diferent issues and hurdles.

To get enrolled your doctor needs to send a letter to tufts pre-enrollment, stating why you shold be enrolled in the program (WT, comorbidities, etc.) Once approved you will get a letter of acceptance, and a call from your consultant to schedule your first call. For me, this happeded about a week or 2 after my doctors office sent in the letter.)

I am currently 1 call into the program, with my second call scheduled for tomorrow evening. If all goes on schedule I should complete the program mid may.

My suggestion would be to speak with your doctor as soon as possible to get the ball rolling- The program date will not officially start untill the day of your first official call.

Good luck! And it may take a while, but the summer WILL get here, and our time WILL come!!:confused:

~Shel

Hi

I am enrolled in the I Can Change program also, but my insurance is Health Alliance. Mine in a phone call every 2 weeks for the 1st 2 months then it becomes monthly. Like the previous person said they talk about life style changes and goal setting. My insurance sent the form to my dr and they faxed it back and then they called me to get it set up. Tomorrow will be my last bi-monthly call and I will go monthly here on out. My coach is really nice. I should be completed by mid-March, hope to get banded end of March or 1st of April. During this 6 months Im able to get all other pre-reqs done required by surgeon. I aslo have to lose 5% of body wt required by insurance. Having a tough one with this one though. :-(

Good Luck