Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3rd day being banded

Im still sore n trying 2 take it easy. I get full off of a half of cup tea, n cnt take n all the fliuds I need 2 prevent dehydration. hopefully the pain will go away n the swelling will go down n my stomache wont feel as tight n full. did any of u experience this?

HI,

I was banded on Tuesday. I was also very swollen and had a lot of gas pain. But today I feel great. I was able to drink more and had a whole popsicle. I think today was a turning point in the recovery. I basically feel like I did too many situps. But overall the bad pain is gone.:thumbup:

Im still sore n trying 2 take it easy. I get full off of a half of cup tea, n cnt take n all the fliuds I need 2 prevent dehydration. hopefully the pain will go away n the swelling will go down n my stomache wont feel as tight n full. did any of u experience this?

Very normal. Try sugar free ice pops. I lived on them. They help take the swelling down also. Congratulations to you.

Very normal. Try sugar free ice pops. I lived on them. They help take the swelling down also. Congratulations to you.

I have the sugar free pops n I can barely finish a whole one

I have the sugar free pops n I can barely finish a whole one

It's ok. Try your best. You have to keep the fluids down. Did you have any fill when you were banned? Some doctors put a fill in and some don't. Mine did not. I have to wait 6 weeks. My fill is not until Dec. 3.

I was banded on 11/23..

i felt the same exact way. still do just a little. my surgeon gave me a fill on table.. and between that and swelling from surgery, my stomach felt really tight.. ohh lets not forget the gas making it worse. try walking, burping and everyday gets better from what i notice. just keep getting those fluids in no matter what. i also feel dehydrated..but i don't want to end up at the hospital again.... try some gas x strips.. i noticed i can eat more each day.. although i am afraid to overdo it. well i hope you feel better soon..

I was banded on Monday, 11/23. This made Thanksgiving a little difficult. I had a lot of gas pain in my shoulders, gas x strips really helped and the heating pad was a life saver. I was in a lot of pain the third day, Wednesday, but I feel like a new person today. Still a little sore, but not gassy. That, I think, was the most painful part. I am having a little trouble getting comfortable in my bed. Does anyone have any tricks? I am thinking I need to get a body pillow or something. Anyway, the sugar free ice pops are amazing and I do seem to be able to tolerate almost everything I have tried, all liquids of course. I am looking forward to eating scrambled eggs tomorrow or Monday!

I was banded on Monday, 11/23. This made Thanksgiving a little difficult. I had a lot of gas pain in my shoulders, gas x strips really helped and the heating pad was a life saver. I was in a lot of pain the third day, Wednesday, but I feel like a new person today. Still a little sore, but not gassy. That, I think, was the most painful part. I am having a little trouble getting comfortable in my bed. Does anyone have any tricks? I am thinking I need to get a body pillow or something. Anyway, the sugar free ice pops are amazing and I do seem to be able to tolerate almost everything I have tried, all liquids of course. I am looking forward to eating scrambled eggs tomorrow or Monday!

I used a pillow on my left side for about 2 weeks. I couldn't sleep on that side. Not to mention my husband sleeps on the left side of the bed so I had it there so he didn't elbow me in the side in the middle of the night, also. Try putting another pillow under your head also. Elevation sometimes helps.

Good luck with your progress and contratulations.

agree with the pain. I was on 2 pain meds for about 5 days but it got better every day and I could really only drink broth. I could get down maybe 1/2 a coffee cup of it at a time so don't worry too much. Just take it easy and sip every so often. I agree with the heating pad too. It helped with the stomach pain.

It's ok. Try your best. You have to keep the fluids down. Did you have any fill when you were banned? Some doctors put a fill in and some don't. Mine did not. I have to wait 6 weeks. My fill is not until Dec. 3.

no my doctor didnt give me a fill. its just my cravings r crazy n its mentally hard 2 just switch up just like that. n I have 2 learn how 2 stop drinking when enough is enough

no my doctor didnt give me a fill. its just my cravings r crazy n its mentally hard 2 just switch up just like that. n I have 2 learn how 2 stop drinking when enough is enough

You are right. It's very hard to stop listening to your head and listen with your stomach which doesn't happen over night. Luckily I have learned the difference between 'Head hunger' and real hunger. Here's an idea for you what someone told me to do. Measure out your 4oz of fluids that you are supposed to drink every hour. Get yourself a shot glass. Pour some of that Fluid in the shot glass. Set your timer for 15 minutes. When the timer goes off, you should have finished the Fluid in that shot glass. Pour more in it and repeat the step until the fluids are gone.

Be sure you are getting in your Protein as well. Are you drinking Protein on this stage of your diet as well as your liquids?

wow thanks so much for that info I did not know that I was suppose to only have 4oz of liquids every hr now this can help me out a lot.... how much Soup, or yogurt am I suppose to have as well????:Yawn:

I was banded on 11/23..

i felt the same exact way. still do just a little. my surgeon gave me a fill on table.. and between that and swelling from surgery, my stomach felt really tight.. ohh lets not forget the gas making it worse. try walking, burping and everyday gets better from what i notice. just keep getting those fluids in no matter what. i also feel dehydrated..but i don't want to end up at the hospital again.... try some gas x strips.. i noticed i can eat more each day.. although i am afraid to overdo it. well i hope you feel better soon..

how many oz of fluids are u drinking avery hr and are u on a schedule when u eat???

Thanks! I am in bed now and feeling much more comfortable with the support on my left side. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I am starting to love this web site!

wow thanks so much for that info I did not know that I was suppose to only have 4oz of liquids every hr now this can help me out a lot.... how much Soup, or yogurt am I suppose to have as well????:confused:

Soup is also 4 oz because it's a liquid. Yogurt is on the puree list so that should only be 2-3 oz. All doctors are different so I don't know what your doctor is allowing you. I was on full liquids for the first week and wasn't allowed yogurt. All liquids are not supposed to be more than 4 oz. However my doctor allowed me to have 8oz of Protein drink instead of 4oz because I was getting hungry in between meals. I have to sip REALLY slow though. When you get to puree (Stage 2). You are only supposed to eat 2-3 oz. Stage 3 which is soft is 3-4 oz of food. And stage IV which is regular food is 4-5 oz.

If you are on liquids make sure you are basically taking in fluids every hour to get your 64oz in. 3 of them should be your Protein drinks. On the next stages make sure that you wait at least an hour before you drink anything. The longer the food stays in your pouch the longer you won't be hungry. Pick foods that are higher in Protein as well (chicken, Fat free Ricotta, tuna, all natural Peanut Butter, eggs).

This is the schedule that I use and try to stick with it. You can't really use this on the liquid stage but on the puree and up you can. Of course I don't eat the same food all of the time. This is just an example. When you move up, make sure that you WEIGH everything. Get yourself a scale, measuring spoons, and measuring cups.

8:00 am Breakfast

3 TBS scrambled eggs

1 TBS oatmeal

10:00am Protein Supplement 4oz

12:00 lunch

2oz (4tbs) chicken (I use white chicken in a can in Water

with a little bit of Olive Oil mayo or Light Miracle Whip)

1oz Fat Free Ricotta

2:00pm Protein Supplement 4oz

6:00pm dinner

2oz (4tbs) Flaked Fish

1 Tbs whipped Potato

1 Tbs pureed carrots

8:00pm Protein Supplement 4oz

My doctor told me no Snacks in between. Be sure in between the meals that you drink your fluids. But as I said wait at least 1 hour before you drink after meals. And don't eat for at least 15-20 minutes after you drink. This example is for 2-3 oz. You can add oz as you move up in the stages. I found that if I stick to basically this schedule I am losing weight and I am not hungry. As I said though you have to add foods that are higher in calories once and awhile to give your body a jump start. If you have the same amount of calories each time your body gets used to that and it won't lose weight. It basically goes into shut down.

Hope this helps and if you have anymore questions please feel free to ask. :) Good luck to you.