Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It has been a while since I was on here. I havent lost weight in a while. Insurance issues as well as not having a job anymore, really put a damper on my success. Anyway, I havent gained which is a good thing. Once you have no insurance to pay for the band any longer, youre treated differently with your surgeon, at least this is how I see it. And it happened. to me. I had a fill, about a month ago, everything was going great. I started the gradual loss of weight again. Well, last Friday, I started having acid reflux, and then my band got tight. So, For an entire weekend I did not eat or drink. Talk about not having energy, and a quick loss of 10 lbs. I was hurting, all over. Physically and mentally. I called my doctor that weekend, and he refused to see me. Told me to go get a bag of Fluid. I seen him on Monday he took all the fill out. With my inability to pay the bill, he wants to see me in Feb. Anyway, 2 days ago, I started getting choked again, only with food. And throwing up. I hurt when I eat, and the acid is unbearable. I can drink. But eating is out. I have no money or insurance to pay to get my band fixed. I know it has slipped. In fact I believe I felt when it actually happened. I dont know what to do. I hurt. And I just cant afford to have this done. What will happen if I just keep drinking? Will I lose the ability to drink too?

On another note, before I lost my job, I was approved for gastric bypass, because of all the problems I was having with the band. Since I have had the band, I have had problems. I was even told by my surgeon that I wasnt supposed to have the band because of my GI disease. I dont know what is left to do, it is bad enough, that my husband just lost his job too. I am stuck, and at times I feel I will die. Maybe I am being too paranoid, but, I cant help but feel this. The way I have felt over a course of a week is unbearable.

If I had a choice to do this over, I would have done the sleeve. For all those who are considering the band, it is a great tool for those of you who DO NOT have GI disease. I lost 100lbs in a year and a half.

I need help and advice from anyone. Thanks for listening.

I wish I knew what to tell you! The stress of not working is enough to deal with at this time and to have your band in trouble is more than you should have to deal with now.

Have you tried talking with your surgeon, explaining that you & your husband have lost your jobs and you are physically in trouble from the band? Ask him that if he felt you should have had the gastric bypass, why did he do a band instead? Is he just after money from any surgery instead of what is best for your health?

I know that what I said isn't going to help you but I do wish the best for you and hope you will keep us informed of your future.

I really dont know what is going on with my doctor. When I have money, and are able to pay he is all nice. He gets frustrated that my band has a habit of getting tight after a month. I have gone through this for over a year now. I went Monday, and he was in a good mood with all the other patients, I could hear him in the other rooms, laughing and carrying on. He basically didnt want to help me out until I get insurance and a job. Its crap. I got the band, because I was tired of being huge. And my health is better. Do they want me to fail? So he comes into the room I was in, and is frowning, and he really didnt want to talk to me. I would love to know if I can get on medicaid, and get gastric done regardless, and just go to a different doctor. What I really want is the sleeve. Anyway, I really dont know what my doctors problem is, he seems like he cares one moment, and then changes when you have problems.

Please make sure that you research the sleeve carefully before having it if you get insurance/job. It is fairly new, insurance doesn't cover it yet and it hasn't stood the test of time yet. At least that was what I was told at the pre-surgery seminar that I attended.

A lot of insurance companies will not cover the sleeve. So I would highly doubt that Medicaid would. I hope you feel better. Maybe you could call the Dr.'s office and speak with one of the office staff and explain the situation. Ask them if they have any suggestions for you? Many times the office staff is extremely knowledgeable.

What GI disease do you have?