Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanksgiving-How did you do?

I did pretty well on Thanksgiving. I had just been to the doctor the day before and she gave me the okay to move on to mushies. So I had a tbsp of stuffing, a tbsp of yams mushed to death, and a tbsp of cranberry sauce. I also had 1/2 cup egg nog. I think I did pretty well. My plate looked so weird compared to everyone else. So I am sure some people figured out that "something" was up. Only my cousin and her mother-in-law knew about my surgery. But frankly, I didn't care. I actually think I made a few people feel self conscious about what they had on their plate. LOL! They kept looking at my plate and back to theirs and didn't finish their food. I didn't even say a word. Didn't mean to make anyone uncomfortable LOL!

I am so glad that everyone did so well, because I sucked! I ate everything in site. Actually up until Thanksgiving I was really good, but Thursday and Friday I ate everything and a lot of it. (not yet at sweet spot and 7 months out). So I now vow to get back on track!!!

I was a bad girrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl!:Yawn:

I really did great with the qty. I ate and my food choices....however when I got on the scale this AM I am 2 lbs up !!!

My dinner consisted of 2 tbsp of turnips, 1 tbsp of stuffing, about 2 oz of turkey with a little gravy. For appetizers I had 3 shrimp with cocktail sauce and my dessert was about 1/4 cup of the inside of apple pie, No CRUST!! I was within my serving size on everything.

Yesterday I spent the day at the mall, more walking than shopping. I walked the 4 floor mall almost all day from 5:00 AM until 8:00 PM with short breaks in between. I thought walking would help burn off any extra calories I had. I was very discouraged this morning. The only thing I can think of is I didn't have the amount of Water I ususally have.

Oh well I will get over it, normally Thanksgiving would put on a lot more than 2 lbs! Today's a new day and I will get through it.

I hope everyone had a great day with family and friends!

Normally I have a Protein shake for Breakfast and lunch and then a normal dinner, but my children and spouses are here for the holidays, so yesterday I got up and cooked breakfast (eggs, turkey sausage, etc.) and I stuck to a 1 cup limit. Then did the same at my mother-in-law's for dinner. I did have one bite of two different Desserts.

I think I did wonderfully. I ate like a normal person and that is my goal. I don't want to take my obsession with food to the opposite extreme and be obsessed with 'not eating'.

They'll be here for another couple days because my father-in-law died Wednesday night and the memorial service is Monday, but I'm back to my Protein Shake for breakfast and quite happy with it.

What kind of Protein Shake do u drink? I can't find one that I like.Please help!

I think I did pretty well for Thanksgiving. Had a very small piece of turkey, and small amts. of mashed potatoes, stuff, and corn. I did have a tiny piece of dessert but then fel to guilty about it. I was at a dinner a few weeks ago though, and when I looked around at my friends plates, I could believe all the food they had on them!! The thing is, if not for my band, I'd have done the same thing.

What kind of Protein shake do u drink? I can't find one that I like.Please help!

I just started drinking “muscle milk light” the chocolate is good 100 calories. I get it at target or HEB. Big difference between the regular 11 grams of fat, light 3 grams. Ready to drink.

My confession time LOL. I did pretty well, I did all the cooking and had people over, Snacks were a veggie tray with ranch dip. I had 2 carrots and a small piece of cauliflower with dip. For dinner I had a bit of everything I wanted just not much of anything, i had about 2-3 oz of turkey, 2 tbs each of mashed potatoes, stuffing, greenbeans, a bit of gravy. I did have dessert, we had 3 pies in the house, but I had a small slice, less than 1" thick with ff whip cream and I did not eat the crust, crust does not seem to agree with my band, so all in all not bad. But time to jump seriously back on the band wagon.

What kind of Protein shake do u drink? I can't find one that I like.Please help!

I get my shake powder from Sam's Club. It's called EAS and I have the dutch chocolate. You mix it with milk. Someone said you can also get the individual ready made cans which seem to be less calories, but I haven't found them. At any rate, this is the best tasting stuff I've found and it's only about $30 for a 5 pound bag.

I also have some Isopure chocolate powder but it doesn't taste as good and it was $70 for a 3.5 pound bag (ouch!). The only good thing is that it mixes with Water so the carbs and calories are much lower, making it a good in between meal Protein pick me up.

I did the cooking here, and I was proud that I managed to handle myself very well- had 4 oz of turkey, 1/2 cup stuffing, 1/2 cup mashed potatoes and some corn/green Beans. It was so nice to feel human again (banded Oct 21). I ended up taking one more mouthful of my mom's stuffing and then I felt this uncomfortable feeling I've never felt (I'm the one with absolutely no restriction) so I left the room and did my mile in 15 minutes on demand lol. Of course I never had dessert- I was full for the rest of the night.

So of course today is worse--I have been laying around watching tv with my daughter all day, but twice I've been up, I've been picking at the pies :-(. Mad at myself because I've been doing so well and then I go and do that! I do have a couple of GREAT recipies which I will post soon. One is a vanilla pumpkin cheesecake that's 163 cals per slice, 1.5 fat grams and 15 g of protein!! It was a big hit last night- most popular dessert (figures).

Anyway- hope you all had a great Holiday!!

Can't wait for that posting.........Sounds absolutely delish!!!

I was going to go to my families, but decided not to. I volunteered to work so some others could have it off.

Lets see, got up and had a Protein Shake. Then had to drive the 85 miles to Ft Lauderdale. Stopped at McDonalds for my boyfriend and daughter to get tea, which I will admit I did also, but then they decided to eat, so I sat and watched. I did not even have one french fry.

Back in the truck and on the way. I finished my tea, and was happy that I didn't have food there.

At dinner that afternoon I had 1 teaspoon of each item mashed potatoes with cheese, stuffing, corn, peas, and 5 oz of turkey breast. Later while everyone else was having pumpkin or apple pie, I had more turkey breast. I was very proud of myself, did not feel stuffed, did not hurt, and just relaxed.

I am almost 6 months out from banding and down 55lbs. This was the first major food holiday since surgery and I think I did quite well.

The next one is Christmas and that will be interesting. The family decided to do Christmas Breakfast instead of dinner, so we are getting together at the nieces house for eggs, pancakes, biscuits and gravy, french toast, grits, hash browns. This one is going to be hard, but I will do it. A scrambled egg with cheese, small amount of hash browns, grits and a few slices of bacon will have me satisfied, then we will leave early afternoon for the long trip to Tennessee to visit other family, I should for sure lose on that trip. Hoping to be down another 15 lbs before then though. I did go on a 2 mile bike ride today. If I do that daily that will be a good start.

Thanksgiving day was fine for me -the problem has been the three days since!

I ate at my parents' house on Thanksgiving and it was a bit unusual because only myself and my brother and sister in law were there (usually there are about 16 of us.)

For the meal, I had about 2 oz. or so, of turkey, about 4 tablespoons of stuffing, a few of yams, a few of peas, and LOTS of gravy. I was so worried that the turkey would be dry and stick, that I covered everything with probably 5 tablespoons of gravy.

I was too full to eat dessert, but took leftovers home with me.

Now, I've repeated the Thanksgiving meal 3 times and since eaten 3 pieces of pumpkin pie and 3 of butermilk pie.

I'm 6 months post-op so this was my first banded T-Day dinner. I was a little sad going into the day because this is my favorite meal of the whole year. All my favorites. And I have really good restricition right now so I knew the feast of years past was not going to be possible. But God loves me. It was like the flood gates opened and I was able to eat a little bit of everything, albeit much slower. It was delicious. Turkey, potates/gravy, green bean casserole, dressing, etc. And I allowed myself the day with no guilt. Even had apple pie and ice cream for dessert. Today I was 1 pound up but back on track. Had my Protein Bar for Breakfast and Soup for lunch.< /p>

I am so happy to see all of the responses!!! I am so stoked that so many did sooo well. For those that Celebrate Christmas, it is just 26 days away!! I will be so glad for January to get here!!! The holiday season is so cool in every way except the excessive amounts of food. :cursing:Wishing you all well!!!

Brigette