Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For those who have gotten to their goal weight...

So. I have a question for those have gotten to or gotten close to their goal weight...

I know there's always an issue with a people having saggy skin and possibly getting plastic surgery, but what about saggy boobs?

Have you guys had it so bad that you wanted to or have had a breast lift?

I have 42 DD cup size and I know that those are the first things to go when you lose weight and I just want to know what everyone else has gone through. My boobs sag right now which is sad since I"m 25 years old, and I don't even want to know what they look like when I lose 100 pounds.:thumbup:

Hi:

I didn't have much to start, and had less after losing 140 pounds. My experience has been that the tops of my boobs have "emptied out". You may want to start socking away a few bucks if you want full and perky breasts once you're close to your goal weight.

Best wishes on your band journey.

Sue

Yes, its the only part of my body affected to the degree that I would consider surgery.

But they were worse at about the 3/4 point, the last 20lb saw them shrink markedly and now they're only a c cup the sags dont worry me so much as they tuck neatly even into a bikini top. Its an easily hidden flaw too.

We have 3 kids to pay private school fees for and a big house extension to do before I think about my boobs, but the advice I've had is that a lift alone wouldnt be sufficient to restore volume to the top and give cleavage, I'd need implants too - which I dont necessarily want since I like being a C cup and dont want big boobs again.

I am still on the fence about another surgery. I have been large on top all of my life and actually I am looking forward to smaller more managable breasts.

As for surgery, only time will tell...

Oh yeah, the smaller my boobs got, the happier I was. I woudlnt want to be flat chested, but a C is great and I cant figure for the life of me why women actually want D+ sized breasts. When I had them, I hated them, they made me look and feel matronly and heavy.

56 lbs weight loss has brought me from a 50DDD to a 42DD, and let me tell you about sagging! Its only gonna get worse with the rest of my weight loss. I like smaller boobs, but could they please point forward instead of down????

Yes, they will be getting fixed, sooner than later since my back is killing me. I am gonna need implants, but hopefully with all the excise skin I can do a natural implant, but no more than a C cup. Thats my compromise with hubby cuz not having them at all sounds wonderful after totin these things all my life! Thus far, my tummy is doing well, bat wings on arms horrid, upper thighs are even worse. If I had the guts and insurance coverage, I think I would be all about the total body lift they show on plastic surgery before and after. But I have this thing against massive pain.

I think the larger you are up top, to begin with, the more you will notice the sag when the weight goes. I carried a LOT of my weight in my boobs - got up to a G-H cup (and probably should have been bigger if I had been fitted properly and bought the right bras). I'm almost at goal now and they have deflated to probably a D cup (not sure - still wearing my E cup bras coz they're new but they are baggy as anything). That might sound as though they're still big but sadly it's all empty skin flapping in the breeze :tongue2:

I'm going in for the torso lift and boob job with implants on Monday because I really want my boobs back. I was an E cup before I gained the weight though, so I think that makes a difference - my whole self image has "big boobs" stamped all over it. The lift/reconstruction would have taken me down to a C - the implants will bring me back up to a DD-E, which is where I was when I was young and hot, hehehe. Now I can't be young and hot again, but I'm gonna have my boobs back!!

Edited by Fanny Adams

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BabySpoons

Sometimes reading the posts here make me wonder if some people just weren't mentally ready for WLS and needed more time with the bariatric team psychiatrist. Complaining about the limited drink/food choices early on... blah..blah...blah. The living to eat mentality really needs to go and be replaced with eating to live. JS
      · 2 replies
      1. Bypass2Freedom

We have to remember that everyone moves at their own pace. For some it may be harder to adjust, people may have other factors at play that feed into the unhealthy relationship with food e.g. eating disorders, trauma. I'd hope those who you are referring to address this outside of this forum, with a professional.

This is a place to feel safe to vent, seek advice, hopefully without judgement.

Compassion goes a long way :)

2. BabySpoons

Seems it would be more compassionate not to perform a WLS on someone until they are mentally ready for it. Unless of course they are on death's door...

• Theweightisover2024🙌💪

Question for anyone, how did you get your mind right before surgery? Like as far as eating better foods and just doing better in general? I'm having a really hard time with this. Any help is appreciated 🙏❤️
      · 2 replies
      1. NickelChip

I had about 6 months between deciding to do surgery and getting scheduled. I came across the book The Pound of Cure by Dr. Matthew Weiner, a bariatric surgeon in Arizona, and started to implement some of the changes he recommended (and lost 13 lbs in the process without ever feeling deprived). The book is very simple, and the focus is on whole, plant based foods, but within reason. It's not an all or nothing approach, or going vegan or something, but focuses on improvement and aiming for getting it right 80-90% of the time. His suggestions are divided into 12 sections that you can tackle over time, perhaps one per month for a year if a person is just trying to improve nutrition and build good habits. They range from things like cutting out artificial sweetener or eating more beans to eating a pound of vegetables per day. I found it really effective pre-surgery and it's an eating style I will be working to get back to as I am further out from surgery and have more capacity. Small changes you can sustain will do the most for building good habits for life.

2. Theweightisover2024🙌💪

That sounds awesome. I'll have to check that out thanks!

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches