Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am getting my band at the start of next year and I am already starting to second guess myself. I have always felt hungry and never had the feeling of fullness and I don't know how to live life other then constant hunger.

Did anyone else have these feelings and worry about how hard life will be after the band?

Good Morning!

I had my surgery on 10/26/2009. Since the surgery, even in this short period of time, I noticed a lot of changes with me. food is no longer my priority in life. I used to be hungry all the time. Was it real hunger? From what I am understanding now about myself..it was not! It was head hunger if i was bored, stressed, mad, happy, you name it! Since the surgery, I do pay attention to what I eat and I spend the night before planning my meal for the next day and making it. Otherwise I don't think about food. If I am hungry, I eat a healthy Protein snack or drink Water or diet snapple and I get over it. I don't obsess, I don't go and eat an entire box of oreos. I now ask myself am I really hungry or do I need to keep myself busy. I go for walks, I clean my house, I call my friends, I started knitting while i watch TV so i don't automatically go for food. I find other outlets to get my emotions out. I thought it would be sooooo hard as I have been "hungry" all my life! Everybody can be different, but I am changing my relationship with food and no longer view it as my companion, but just my energy source.

I had a very fast recovery from the band. I was going to the mall, taking my daughter to the zoo and chasing her around after 2 days. I am almost never tired. (I am a single mom to a 2 year old..so the tiredness sometimes comes from working 50 hours a week, goign to school, taking care of her and the house). I sometimes forget that i even have the band - except when I eat my measured portions and realize that HEY! I AM FULL ON 3/4 of a cup YAYAYAY!!! I have saved over $400 this month alone on not ordering out and going out for lunch at work.

I cannot say one single negative thing about the band. I know I am only at the beginning and I havenot even had my fill yet and I am already 23 pounds down without really putting 100% effort in. I follow doctors instructions, I walk everyday and I just started doing the "firm workout"...and I am enjoying all these activities. I feel lighter, happier..I feel like I am finally in control and I finally feel like the life that I have always wanted and dreamed about...I am starting to live it.

I hope that whatever decision you make you make every effort to make yourself happier and healthier :thumbup:

Lots of luck!

Stacy

I have been banded since April of this year. It was the best thing I have done. I was always hungry, always. Now I don't get hungry near as much,and when I do I am satisfied with just a few bites. I actually get tired of people always wanting to go and eat. Meetings at work are always centered around food. I normally have a small snack or only have a drink. I notice people looking at what I am having and are amazed at how little I want. At work I told a couple of people about my surgery, so in other words everyone knows. I am lucky in that everyone at work has been supportive. I haven't heard a single negative comment! Good luck to you and don't worry about hunger.