Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just finally banded

:thumbup::thumbup:

Hello friends!! Just wanted to let everyone know that I was finally banded yesterday, Nov. 24. Woo Hoo!!! And now the journey begins. Never thought I'd make it thru my 2 week pre-op diet especially the last 4 days of nothing but Clear Liquids, but I did it. I even lost 13 lbs in the two weeks. Woo Hoo!! Had my surgery yesterday and just two days before Thanksgiving. Everyone tried to talk me in to putting it off until after the holidays but I just couldn't do it. I was soooo ready!! I'm still very sore but time will heal that. Now I'm back on the clear liquids atleast until I go back to see my doc next Wednesday. I can do it!!! I'm new here to this site, so where do I go next? Is there any special forum that I need to concentrate on? There are so many. I don't even know where to begin. Am I an "official" November bandster now?? LOL. Any advice or words of encouragement are greatly appreciated!! I can use all the help I can get.

Soooooooooooooo excited!!!

CONGRATS!:thumbup:... There is a thread for November Bandsters and I would say YEP, you are officially one! My date is December 7th (biting nails..:frown:), so I will be checking to follow your recovery! Again, congratulations on being on the flip side... take it easy and keep us posted!

Congratulations and best wishes for success. Your computer remembers what time and day you were here so click on "new posts" every time you come on and scroll through the list to see what posts interest you. If you want to stat a thread in a subject/category just click on home and there you are with all the major categories.

Mimi

:thumbup::thumbup:

Hello friends!! Just wanted to let everyone know that I was finally banded yesterday, Nov. 24. Woo Hoo!!! And now the journey begins. Never thought I'd make it thru my 2 week pre-op diet especially the last 4 days of nothing but clear liquids, but I did it. I even lost 13 lbs in the two weeks. Woo Hoo!! Had my surgery yesterday and just two days before Thanksgiving. Everyone tried to talk me in to putting it off until after the holidays but I just couldn't do it. I was soooo ready!! I'm still very sore but time will heal that. Now I'm back on the clear liquids atleast until I go back to see my doc next Wednesday. I can do it!!! I'm new here to this site, so where do I go next? Is there any special forum that I need to concentrate on? There are so many. I don't even know where to begin. Am I an "official" November bandster now?? LOL. Any advice or words of encouragement are greatly appreciated!! I can use all the help I can get.

Soooooooooooooo excited!!!

Well congrats Harbottled, we were both banded on the same day! I hope you are doing as well as I am, and sucking down those liquids for our Turkey Day!

Isn't is amazing how we will not be participating in the whole turkey dinner thing today, but that our whole spirit of thanksgiving is very much intact and with elation! Wow, this is truly a monumental point in our lives!

Now, the hard work begins.

Sit back ( with walks in between), relax and enjoy every moment of your new start!

I was banded 11/25 and know exactky how you're feeling. We are definitely November Bandsters and on our way to achieving successful and lasting weight loss. :smile: Wow! Just typing that was a bit surreal. I'll say good luck even though it sounds like you're in control and don't really need it. :tongue:

Enjoy your liquids! I know I am. LOL!

Hi, I too was banded on Nov 25th,had a ventral hernia repair done too, that and the gas was and is the worst, now on from here! Yea!!! Good luck to us all.:smile: