Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bad stuck episode-my own fault

This is the 2nd stuck episode in a week. I did it to myself. I am ashamed of what I tried to consume, but in the spirit of honesty, here goes: I had 2 chicken wings from Chinese take out, plus 1 1/2 scallion pancakes. WTH is wrong with me? Bad choices first of all, and then the quantity?? If I had stopped after 1 wing and 1 pancake I would have been fine, other than poor choice of course.

I also am struggling with what solids i should try. PA said dark meat chicken and green Beans. Good, but what else? i am still having 2 mushy meals out of my 3 and that is NOT satisfying me at all. So I am starving by dinner, between 6 and 7 and pick and snack and eat stupid, fast things.

Any help? I don't see nutritionist until January, and she was not very helpful w/ other email.

Hi Tracy,

I hear ya.. and I think most people on the board have been there!!

I just got my 3rd fill and have suddenly noticed I need to really eat slowly and make my choices wisely. Scrambled eggs don't work for me but fried eggs with runny yolk do. Pasta is a no but toasted bread that I put Peanut Butter and lo cal jelly on was fine. It really is trial and error. Someone responded to my post on the food & Nutrition board to eat one thing at a time so that you know what it was that "got you", I am going to do that from now on until I learn more.

Don't feel bad though, just take it as a learning experience and move on. You will be fine.

Congrats on the weight loss!!:thumbup:

Thanks! It is soooo frustrating. I have been unable to go to support group and no one else I know has done this, so I feel very lost at times. I am "thankful" for this board. Not that I am am glad that others suffered with stuckness, but at least I can know I am not alone.

Tracy, the band helps smaller portion sizes satisfy us more. It does NOT do anything to our brains to tell us "that is too much food". As such, there is a pretty steep learning curve to living a banded life. What helped me was to try to eat as little as possible and see how much food it took to satisfy me. Don't give up.....eventually you'll get a much better "feel" as to what your portion sizes should be.

As for the quality of your food choices....the band doesn't help there, either. So, stick with it and make good choices and good things will be in your future very soon!!!

I so understand this. Tonight my daughter and I went to Sonny's BBQ. I had 3/4 of a grilled chicken breast with a slice of low fat american cheese, that I brought them to use and 1 french fry. I also had 3 corn nuggets. I was able to eat and stop when I first felt full, and did not make myself ill. YAHOO!!!

Im confused. I know chicken wings are a unhealthy choice but why is 2 wings too much food ? that like equals 4 bites of chicken LOL are the pancakes big? It just doesnt sound like ya had too much food to me.

It's really hard to learn what your body/band will like and what it doesn't. It also frustrating when it likes one thing on Tuesday and hates it on Thursday.

Forgive yourself, make better choices, and know that you aren't alone in all of this journey. We all have a learning curve and it changes often.