Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steak-Salad-Stupid

My family is visiting from Canada and we had a great dinner of steak and ceaser salad. I ate with very small bites and chewed very carefully and the meat was very tender. I PBd everything and was throwing up for a good 30 minutes. I am pretty sure I am at my sweet spot and am losing at a great pace however these moments are so frustrating.

Oh, what I would give just to enjoy a simple barbecue like this again.

I *can* eat it but its a highly dangerous combo. Unfortunately when I cook this sort of dinner to entertain, I also include sausages and things like potato or Pasta salad - high fat options and nowhere near as diet friendly as a lean steak and a tossed garden salad. But easy to eat.

Sometimes I find the band such a pain. I can eat a great variety amd I eat well, but its just such hard work to eat healthy foods sometimes.

Steak is one of the foods I can't eat yet. I tried a small bite, chewed well and felt pain for a while after that!! I knew before surgery from my nutritionist that steak may be the one thing I can no longer eat. Some people tolerate it and some don't I was warned not to try it for a least a year after surgery. I didn't listen and paid for it!!

I am able to eat salad, but I have to take very small bites and chew until it is mush before I swallow it, but so far no problems with it.

I have no restriction yet and can and do eat filet minon once in a while and lots of salad. So when I do get restriction even a tender steak like this wont go down? That stinks

I feel your pain and sadness. I am almost 14 months out and can eat about 4 bites at a time of very tender filet mignon. A Longhorn Flo's Filet lasts me about 3-4 meals, which is good economics, but my mouth head and eyes want MORE at one time!!!! Steak and pizza are what I miss most.

Mimi

For me, if the steak is closer to rare than medium, it's usually fine. salad? Well, that's a whole different thing. I can eat salad from this burrito place I like .... their lettuce is all shredded because they use it in tacos and stuff. Already cut like that, I can chew it well and have no problems whatsoever. But a torn lettuce like you would make a salad at home or get at a restaurant? Well, that's pretty much asking to get stuck. One little piece that doesn't get broken up well enough and that's all it takes.

So, yeah, I feel your disappointment. I am at my sweet spot, losing a pound per week, every week. If the only salad I get is my chicken salad from the burrito place, that's okay.