Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

my nerves r out of control now n Im having mixed emotions. this is it baby n I have been waiting a long time 4 this opportunity 2 come n look at me. Im scared I havent told any of my friends or family that im having the lap band surgery, i just been holding this in. I need 2 calm down n breeth..

Ok Honey, I'm sure we all go through this at some stage.

What is even less helpful for you is that you don't have any support outside this site to talk to.

What you said is right, you need to take DEEP breaths and CALM down.

While doing this, think of how you have lived life to this moment. Think of all the times you have hurt not only on the outside but on the inside because of your weight. Once you have done this, think of all the reasons YOU came upon the DECISION to have the surgery. Imagine yourself at goal weight.

It is a hard road we travel, but the rewards in the end will be worth it.

Think of the extra years you will live.

Think of the extra time you will spend with your family/friends.

Think of the wonderful way you will feel being able to go into 'that' clothes shop.

Think about the self love and respect you will gain and how much happier this will make you.

In the end, it's not our decision it is yours. But we all got to this point for a reason and if we could have done it by ourselves and maintained it, we would have. HUGS:wub:

You're going to need some support or the road will be a hard one. You can definatley do this. Look how far you've come already by yourself. You are obviously a very strong self motivated person. Nerves are a by-product of a big decision. I was doubting my decisions too right up to the moment I went under. I'm very thankful this Thanksgiving that I went through with my decision - i'm down just about 88 lbs since January '09. I never thought I could do it, but the lap-band® has helped me get to where I am today and it can help you too. Is this what you want? Do you want to feel better? Do you want to look better? Do you want some help to help you achieve your goals and dreams? These are the questions to ask yourself... yes, then you should feel good about your decision. Hang in there... this message board has a lot of good people who can give you some words of encouragement when you need it. Good luck on whatever you decide. :thumbup:

Ok Honey, I'm sure we all go through this at some stage.

What is even less helpful for you is that you don't have any support outside this site to talk to.

What you said is right, you need to take DEEP breaths and CALM down.

While doing this, think of how you have lived life to this moment. Think of all the times you have hurt not only on the outside but on the inside because of your weight. Once you have done this, think of all the reasons YOU came upon the DECISION to have the surgery. Imagine yourself at goal weight.

It is a hard road we travel, but the rewards in the end will be worth it.

Think of the extra years you will live.

Think of the extra time you will spend with your family/friends.

Think of the wonderful way you will feel being able to go into 'that' clothes shop.

Think about the self love and respect you will gain and how much happier this will make you.

In the end, it's not our decision it is yours. But we all got to this point for a reason and if we could have done it by ourselves and maintained it, we would have. HUGS:wub:

thank u so much u brought tears 2 my eyes. that means a lot 2me 4 u 2 take time out n share those kind words with me. I want 2 keep n touch with u please request me as a friend. Im on my way 2 the hospital now

You're going to need some support or the road will be a hard one. You can definatley do this. Look how far you've come already by yourself. You are obviously a very strong self motivated person. Nerves are a by-product of a big decision. I was doubting my decisions too right up to the moment I went under. I'm very thankful this Thanksgiving that I went through with my decision - i'm down just about 88 lbs since January '09. I never thought I could do it, but the lap-band®® has helped me get to where I am today and it can help you too. Is this what you want? Do you want to feel better? Do you want to look better? Do you want some help to help you achieve your goals and dreams? These are the questions to ask yourself... yes, then you should feel good about your decision. Hang in there... this message board has a lot of good people who can give you some words of encouragement when you need it. Good luck on whatever you decide. :thumbup:

thank u for those kind words that u shared with me. please keep n touch n request me as a friend. Im on my way 2 the hospital now

Wonderful advice from everyone. Take a breath and just think happy thoughts. It's all worth it.

Congratulations on your decision to get banded! I pray everything goes well for you today. You are on your way! :ohmy:

Calm down, everything is going to be fine. The procedure only takes about 30 minutes and it is a relatively simple procedure. You are going to do fine and soon you will be wondering why you didn't do this sooner like the rest of us.

Calm down, everything is going to be fine. The procedure only takes about 30 minutes and it is a relatively simple procedure. You are going to do fine and soon you will be wondering why you didn't do this sooner like the rest of us.

By now your surgery is probably over!! Yeah!!! I think you will feel crumby for about 2 days. I had 2 surgeries this year and completely freaked out right before #2. I tried to go home in my hospital gown! (They were breast surgeries, not weight related) I'm very afraid of surgery also. But it's over now!! And you are on the road to health & happiness!! Pls ck back and let us know how you are doing. Also, my friends and family think I can do it without the surgery, blah, blah, etc. But I asked them to pls be supportive, because I will need it. So maybe you can confide in one or two friends? I think it will help a lot. Also, I will request you as a friend, once I figure out how to do that!!

Blessings,

Michelle

You guys are awesome. You said exactly what she needed to hear and you sent her off to the hospital in a much better place than she started at. Reading it got me all welled-up. I will definitely refer back to this thread when I start to stress too.

Nicely done.

Ladies, what wisdom and support you provided our new friend!!!! I am very impressed and also will visit this thread when I hit a difficult spot!

Thank you sooooo much!:ohmy: