Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why do liberals Hate Sarah Palin?

Christianity is the religion that shaped America and made her what she is today. In fact, historically speaking, it can be irrefutably demonstrated that Biblical Christianity in America produced many of the cherished traditions still enjoyed today, including:

• A republican rather than a theocratic form of government;
  • The institutional separation of church and state (as opposed to today’s enforced institutional secularization of church and state);
  • Protection for religious toleration and the rights of conscience;
  • A distinction between theology and behavior, thus allowing the incorporation into public policy of religious principles that promote good behavior but which do not enforce theological tenets (examples of this would include religious teachings such as the Good Samaritan, The Golden Rule, the Ten Commandments, the Sermon on the Mount, etc., all of which promote positive civil behavior but do not impose ecclesiastical rites); and
  • A free-market approach to religion, thus ensuring religious diversity.

Consequently, a Christian nation as demonstrated by the American experience is a nation founded upon Christian and Biblical principles, whose values, society, and institutions have largely been shaped by those principles. This definition was reaffirmed by American legal scholars and historians for generations but is widely ignored by today’s revisionists.

And you don't seem to understand that the US is far removed from many of those statements. The world is different, the peolple are different, circumstances are different and yet you continue to TRY to promote that way of thinking. "If only we could go back to thinking this way and that way." It won't happen. That is why we say and I continue to say, you love to bump your head. People recognize that whatever religion this country was founded on we still have to progress and carry the country in the direction that will make it healthy. Nobody can say going backward is good for the country.

Oh, yeah, heard Palin is supposed to speak at some tea douche bag convention. That is where she needs to be, right along with the extremist. She is after all a follower. She knows where the money is and is following it. Only such people would pay her, she can get their money.

candy from a baby and all that....

One of the most important reasons why the Pilgrims came to America was to escape from religious persecution. The founding fathers were well aware of the problems with a theocracy and so they very carefully crafted our founding documents to make sure that everyone is free to believe whatever they wish and to worship any god they choose or to not worship any diety at all.

For you to continually repeat, ad nauseum, that this is a Christian nation is factually incorrect. You usually follow up with a disclaimer, of sorts, that states that 85% of Americans are Christian in an effort to prove that you are right. Which, by the way, I would agrue with because there are so many "christians" who do not practice religion at all, but who are uncomfortable not owning up to that on any poll.

But even if that number is close to being correct, it in no way makes us a Christian nation. A Christian nation would be a theocratic nation wherein our laws are totally governed by Biblical standards. Our laws have been repeatedly, over our history, proven to not be constructed according to the Bible.

You are being offensive by continuing to argue that we are "a Christian nation" when so many people have posted solid evidence to the contrary. If you want to say that the majority of Americans believe themselves to be Christian, I doubt if anyone would argue with you. As it is, you keep saying that America is a "Christian nation." Give it up already. You are wrong.

One of the most important reasons why the Pilgrims came to America was to escape from religious persecution. The founding fathers were well aware of the problems with a theocracy and so they very carefully crafted our founding documents to make sure that everyone is free to believe whatever they wish and to worship any god they choose or to not worship any diety at all.

That's right. They wanted to be able to worship Jesus freely, without some denomination telling them they had to pray to Mary and that their 'infants' needed to be baptised. They set it up so that Christians of all denominations could live here with the freedom of knowing that no ONE denomination would rule over them all.

For you to continually repeat, ad nauseum, that this is a Christian nation is factually incorrect. You usually follow up with a disclaimer, of sorts, that states that 85% of Americans are Christian in an effort to prove that you are right. Which, by the way, I would agrue with because there are so many "christians" who do not practice religion at all, but who are uncomfortable not owning up to that on any poll.

Whether they practice their faith or not does not matter. Their claim is to be Christian and who is anyone to say they are not Christian?

But even if that number is close to being correct, it in no way makes us a Christian nation. A Christian nation would be a theocratic nation wherein our laws are totally governed by Biblical standards. Our laws have been repeatedly, over our history, proven to not be constructed according to the Bible.

You are being offensive by continuing to argue that we are "a Christian nation" when so many people have posted solid evidence to the contrary.

I, also, brought solid evidence to this forum, and you have ignored it cause it was a long read. Maybe I will post one paragraph at a time for you.

If you want to say that the majority of Americans believe themselves to be Christian, I doubt if anyone would argue with you. As it is, you keep saying that America is a "Christian nation." Give it up already. You are wrong.

Nice try. But, you are the one who is wrong. We are a nation that allows other religions to be practiced here, and we are a Christian Nation. Obama is the ONLY President we've ever had who has said that we are not a Christian Nation. Others have always confessed it to be true. Were our past presidents liars?

The general principles on which the fathers achieved independence were. . . . the general principles of Christianity.
JOHN ADAMS

The teachings of the Bible are so interwoven and entwined with our whole civic and social life that it would be literally….impossible for us to figure to ourselves what that life would be if these teaching were removed.
TEDDY ROOSEVELT

America was born a Christian nation – America was born to exemplify that devotion to the elements of righteousness which are derived from the revelations of Holy Scripture.
WOODROW WILSON

American life is builded, and can alone survive, upon . . . [the] fundamental philosophy announced by the Savior nineteen centuries ago.
HERBERT HOOVER

This is a Christian Nation.
HARRY TRUMAN

Let us remember that as a Christian nation . . . we have a charge and a destiny.
RICHARD NIXON

Just because some presidents have tried to think of it that way doesn't mean that it is.

We are not a theocracy, no matter how hard you preach it.

Just because some presidents have tried to think of it that way doesn't mean that it is.

We are not a theocracy, no matter how hard you preach it.

Justice Earl Warren (1891-1974) agreed with his predecessors. Before being appointed as Chief Justice of the U. S. Supreme Court by President Dwight D. Eisenhower, Warren had been the Attorney General of California. Warren declared:

CN17.jpg

I believe the entire Bill of Rights came into being because of the knowledge our forefathers had of the Bible and their belief in it: freedom of belief, of expression, of assembly, of petition, the dignity of the individual, the sanctity of the home, equal justice under law, and the reservation of powers to the people. . . . I like to believe we are living today in the spirit of the Christian religion. I like also to believe that as long as we do so, no great harm can come to our country.

There are many similar declarations by other Supreme Court Justices, but in addition to the declarations of individual judges, the federal courts have repeatedly affirmed America to be a Christian nation – including the U. S. Supreme Court, which declared that America was “a Christian country,” filled with “Christian people,and was indeed “a Christian nation.” Dozens of other courts past and present have repeated these pronouncements but so, too, have American Presidents – as in 1947 when President Harry Truman quoted the Supreme Court, declaring:

CN18.jpg

This is a Christian Nation. More than a half century ago that declaration was written into the decrees of the highest court in this land [in an 1892 decision].

Yes, it does. They didn't "think" of it that way, they "knew" it was that way.

Don't you remember the large ground swell of people who wanted to impeach Earl Warren?

Aren't you familiar with the large number of Americans who know that Eisenhower was out of bounds when he added "under God" to the Pledge of Allegience?

You keep talking about what you think this country is and you keep posting links that prove your point, but Americans know that we are not a theocratic nation and that is why we have so many freedoms afforded to us.

If we turned the country over to people like you, Earl Warren and others, we would be persecuting any American citizen who did not live by your standards. That is wrong and we won't allow that to happen.

I love the post that asks why we don't learn to live together. We can live with diversity, in a locked hands position to be the strongest country that we can be. A nation that other countries look up to as a model for freedom. After the past 8 years, we have a lot to overcome. Fighting amongst ourselves only serves to weaken our country further.

Lets bring back the Salem witch trials back...ok Patty? You remember,,if she did`nt drown she was a witch..if she did, oh well, there was still doubt. You`d love to live in Puritan Massachusetts. We could but a lot of unemployed carpenters to work building (stocks) to put folks in that failed "your" religious test of Christian purity. I love Joe Leiberman, wears that dumb ass skull cap to prove his superiority and keeps Kosher and observes the Jewish Sabbath from fri. pm till Sat. pm. Still an asshole regardless!

PG, How come I was able to dispute almost everything your long tired stupid rant tried to unravel in your 10 page thesis. Obviously your unemployed and have way too much time on your hands hiding from life while clutching to your book of fairy tales. Get out from under your bed, the sky is not falling, and your star Sarah Palin I hope gets into the White House in 2012 and brings along either Rush or Glenn as VP. The second civil war will soon follow and I like many other Americans will seek comfort in the socialized state of Canada where most Canadiens do not still believe in tooth fairies! Maybe your (band) is toooooo tight. Time for an adjustment?

PattyGreen, you seem to put a lot of faith that whatever a (past) President were quoted as saying means something. Would a person who has an IQ over their waist measurement put anything into something that George W. Bush might have stated during his 8 years in office, with the possible exception when he did that photo-op on that aircraft carrier on Thanksgiving when he declared to the world that America`s war in Iraq was victorious and uttered "Mission Accomplished"!

The patty's of our country have turned their backs on the real history of the Bush administration and they are desperately trying to rewrite that terrible history. The awful truth that we are all paying for today.

Just ask 'em - nothing Cheney or Bush or the Republican dominated congress did has had a negative impact on the U.S. - everything that we're having to deal with today is due to the current president and congress.

With that ability to block the truth, how can we expect any support whatsoever in progressing toward a better future?

With that ability to rewrite history, we are doomed to repeat it.

The patty's of our country have turned their backs on the real history of the Bush administration and they are desperately trying to rewrite that terrible history. The awful truth that we are all paying for today.

Just ask 'em - nothing Cheney or Bush or the Republican dominated congress did has had a negative impact on the U.S. - everything that we're having to deal with today is due to the current president and congress.

With that ability to block the truth, how can we expect any support whatsoever in progressing toward a better future?

With that ability to rewrite history, we are doomed to repeat it.

Not only that, but just ask the question: What has the republican party done for middle class america - and use any time span you want (in the last 20, 30, 40 years)?

Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security for the poor/elderly? Democrats

40 hour work week: Democrats

Child labor laws: Democrats

Minimum wage, safe working conditions: Democrats

Environmental rules for clean air/water: Democrats

Healthcare (if it passes): Democrats

Unemployment: Democrats

Civil rights: Democrats

Here is the republicans answer to everything:

energy: drill, baby, drill

economy/jobs: tax cuts for rich & corporations, crumbs for everyone else

foreign policy: war at any cost - screw the rest of the world.

healthcare: let the insurance companies continue to run it and for the uninsured: use the ER.

Edited by Cleo's Mom

The environment: big polluting, sewage belching corporations are more important! Republicans have blocked environmental improvements over and over.