Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 1/2 weeks post op and restriction is gone!!!!

I had restriction through my 3rd week and now NONE!! What do I do? I am hungry within 30 min - 1 hour after I eat. My next appointment is Dec. 7th. I wonder if he would consider a fill then. I thought the whole point of the surgery was not to feel hungry!! Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ashley

I had restriction through my 3rd week and now NONE!! What do I do? I am hungry within 30 min - 1 hour after I eat. My next appointment is Dec. 7th. I wonder if he would consider a fill then. I thought the whole point of the surgery was not to feel hungry!! Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ashley

My suggestion is to call your doctor and let them know what you are feeling. I don't know if they will do a fill. Although every doctor is different. Mine won't do one for 6 weeks after surgery. Also make sure you are eating higher Protein foods (chicken, fish, eggs, peanut butter). My nutritionist also said that I could have 8oz Protein Shakes instead of 4oz. You just have to drink them slow. She also said that if I am hungry with only 2 that I can stay with the 3 shakes a day. So far I am a little over 4 weeks out and I'm not really that hungry. Make sure that you are drinking when you get hungry also.

Thanks, Astrasmom! I was banded on 10/23/09 also. I don't think I'm getting my fluids in and I guess that could be causing my hunger. Are you still eating a 1/4 cup at a time? That doesn't fill me up.

Also, how do you get all your fluids in if your not suppose to drink anything for 1 -2 hours after you eat. Are you eating 5 times a day?

Thanks, Astrasmom! I was banded on 10/23/09 also. I don't think I'm getting my fluids in and I guess that could be causing my hunger. Are you still eating a 1/4 cup at a time? That doesn't fill me up.

I am on 3-4 oz a day which is 1/2 cup. I just started soft foods last week. Are you on mushies still?

As for the liquids I generally wait for at least 1 hour after I eat to drink anything. If you get your fluids in it might help you. And I am only eating 3 meals a day with 2 Protein Shake. If I needed 3 the nutritionist said that I can have them. They are 8oz instead of of the 4oz.

Try some sugar free ice pops. They help you get your Fluid in.

I am on soft foods until this weekend, then I can start solids. I will definitely try what you are doing starting tomorrow. I drink those EAS Protein Shakes (110 cal.) every once in a while. I think tomorrow I will use those twice during the day as a snack and will focus on 3 half cup protein/veggie meals. Thanks for your advice. I started out at 245 and I'm now at 224. It seems to be going slow, but I know I must be patient. I didn't gain 100 pounds overnight, did I? I will try the sugar-free popsicles too!

I am on soft foods until this weekend, then I can start solids. I will definitely try what you are doing starting tomorrow. I drink those EAS Protein Shakes (110 cal.) every once in a while. I think tomorrow I will use those twice during the day as a snack and will focus on 3 half cup protein/veggie meals. Thanks for your advice. I started out at 245 and I'm now at 224. It seems to be going slow, but I know I must be patient. I didn't gain 100 pounds overnight, did I? I will try the sugar-free popsicles too!

I use Elite Protein Powder and Skim Plus milk. My doctor said we are to have the whey Protein isolate (soy based) ones because some of the Protein Drinks in the store have empty calories. I used to do the slim fast before I was banned and I can see the difference between drinks. Anyway you could be hungry because you aren't getting enough Protein. I was told that you need at least the 2 shakes a day. And I can't have Snacks inbetween meals either.

I started at 305 and now I am at 263. You have lost weight. Don't knock yourself. My pre-op weight was actually 295. All together with the pre-op diet I have lost 42lbs. And that's just from following the plan and exercising. Also try sticking to eating at the same time everyday if that is possible for you. I find that sticking to a schedule works great.

Good luck and let me know how it works for you. I get my first fill on Dec. 3. After that I start the regular foods. I am also on soft foods. And I still live on sugar free ice pops.