Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not sure this is all normal...

Hi guys! I was banded on November 19th and since then I've been having nothing but issues. I think if it was just pain from the sites I would be okay, but it feels a bit more internal than that. I feel tight on the inside (I don't believe there was a fill during surgery, but I will ask tomorrow) and I'm starving yet I can't seem to eat anything as I'm nauseus. I thought I would be able to do the full liquids but the idea of Soup has me leaning over my vomit container. I haven't actually threw up but I have to stop periodically and stand really still and I have this sensation of something "passing" even though I haven't recently eaten anything or I may have just stood up. I am also having back pains. Is this all still related to gas? I went through nothing similar to this when I had my gallbladder removed so I have no idea what I should be doing...any help would be nice!

Everything you are feeling is completely normal. It gets better every day. Walk as much as possible, ask your doctor for something for the nausea, buy some Gax-X strips, consume your Protein and Water. I promise, it's all normal and will get a little better each day. Just hang in there.

I had my op the same day as you, and my symptoms are not quite as bad as yours but worse than so many other members of this forum.

I would say all the pain and comfort issues and nausea i am experiencing are related to the gas and internal trapped wind. I am feeling better today but like hell the last few days and wishing i could turn back the clock and not do it.

I stopped taking the prescription meds and stuck to over the counter paracetemol, i cant imagine morphine 4 times a day is good for an empty stomach. I am also trying to increase my Water intake (as hard as it is) and taking de gas tablets which are helping to reduce the bloating and discomfort.

OBVIOUSLY the best thing is to speak to your surgeon or the clinic before changing meds but thats just what i have done and its helping :-) GOOD LUCK, they all tell us that in a few weeks we will feel back to normal.. I CAN"T WAIT!!

I am with you K-Rod, I can't wait tio feel normal!! Just last night I was telling my husband, "What the hell did I just do? Is this how I'm gonna feel the rest of the time?" It doesn't help the the nurses at my clinic came to see me in the hospital the day after my surgery and they looked at me a bit odd. I asked them what was wrong, and they told me that post patients are up and showered and walking around and yet there I was in still in bed, on morphine and O2 (it was early in the morning and that stupid machine would start beeping every time I dozed off to sleep so the they gave me O2 so I could actually get some sleep lol) and looking pained. They made me feel like an anomoly! I really am starting to wonder if I got a fill during surgery...

Oh and in the hospital I was on morhpine about every 2 hours...>_< They nurse would just show up and give it to me...Maybe I'm going through withdrawals lol

I will definitely talk to my Dr about the gas-x and see if that helps, and I've been trying to walk. Tomorrow we're gonna take a planned walk around the mall, lets see if that really helps!

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Dragonangel. I bet a lot of the issues are from the pain pills. I was given a rx for vycadine and something for nausea the day of surgery. I only took 1/2 a vycadine the first couple of nights because it helps you sleep, and then I took tylenol during the day, and I haven't been nauseated at all. Talk to your doctor about switching pain meds, because I bet once you do, you'll feel better. Good luck.

Thank you, I just wanted to make sure that I really was going through something that others have and this is nothing for me to really stress about! I'm feeling much better this morning and for the first time in days I'm starting to feel like I could make it through til mushies. Only real concern now is that the idea of Soup still makes me nauseous lol

I hope you start feeling better soon, but thanks for sharing. In the first few days after I also thought...WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!! I started to think that maybe I wasn't such a good candidate because I was regretting it already. With each day it has gotten easier. I'm still learning and still have pain in my shoulder when I hiccup. What's up with the hiccups anyway??? I also got 1/2 of my Vitamin stuck a few days ago that was so weird. Best of luck to you..we are all still learning.

Well Manda, now I am thinking, "What the hell did I do?" I don't think I have the willpower I originally thought I had. -sigh-

I'm still trying, but now I don't have the sort of euphoric feel I had in the beginning.

i had my surgery on Nov 9th and I felt a lot of the same feelings you all do. I fel miserable on day 9 and 10. Now that I'm 15 days out, I feel great!!! No more gas pains, woo hoo!!! Hang in there. I feel so much better now :thumbup:)

Thanks Linda for words of encouragment. dragonangel we will just push each other along -hang on mushies are right around the corner:drool:

Well Manda, now I am thinking, "What the hell did I do?" I don't think I have the willpower I originally thought I had. -sigh-

I'm still trying, but now I don't have the sort of euphoric feel I had in the beginning.

I swear I could have written this exact same post. You are not alone. I am also going through the "transition" period. I am 8 days post op. I also felt as if I'm going through a bit more than other banders. But as I read more and more I find that others also have a hard time. I have 100% faith that this feeling is gonna pass. Yeah, the euphoric feeling has died down a bit and reality is settling in. But I am sure that a week from now, we are going to feel so much better.

I really hope so...I found myself cheating today. I ate a taco. Just one, it was all I could really eat, and yet I still feel hungry. I'm sure you all can relate to that. The banded part feels full, but the other part is still super hungry. -sigh- I'm still feeling the same today I pray to God this feeling passes...