Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NSV for my DH

Several months back I posted a thread about my DH, and some of his band journy. I cannot for the life of me find that thread, I searched and searched. Searches only go back to mid-sept, so I'm wondering if the archives didn't get moved along too....

Anyway, My husband has been banded for almost 2 years and has lost almost 200 pounds so far and needs to go at least 100 more. That will put him at 300 pounds. I know, do the math. When he started, he weighted 596 officially. He had a BMI of over 82%, and was Super, Super Obese. That's two stages beyond MO folks. He was so fat he couldn't walk through a doorway, he would have to turn sideways and squees into the room. He took up almost the entire Queen sized bed on his own, I'd be left with just a little bit on the side and I would literally have to sleep hugging the side of the mattress, half on, half off the bed.

He was actually in a movie called "Do you Know the Muffin-Man" a "mocumentry" http://www.muffinmanthemovie.com/Intro.htm Here's a shot from the film's website... To give you an idea of how big he is, the woman he's standing next too weighs over 300 pounds ... The O2 tank was just a prop (but at the time this was filmed, I was the one on O2...)

When I spoke with him last night, he told me that he was wearing size 3X sweat pants. In this photo he's wearing a size 6X shirt. The pants were custom made, so there is no size available.

When he comes to visit me later in the month I'll take some "now" pix for you.

post-204261-13813132327483_thumb.jpg

That is just great! 200lbs in 2 years?!! That is just fantastic! From the pics he looks like a very fun man. Way to give your man Props!! He deserves it! Tell him to keep up the good work!!!

When I spoke with him last night, he told me that he was wearing size 3X sweat pants. In this photo he's wearing a size 6X shirt. The pants were custom made, so there is no size available.

See??? its not always about the numbers on the scale. This is a major NSV for AGB - not just your hubby. This is one that needs to get documented in Penni's lap-band book!

I'm so happy for both of you!! Whoo hooo!!

Here's the link I think you were looking for:

http://lapbandtalk.com/archive/index.php/t-4972.html

I was looking for the thread where you talked about almost overlooking your DH as a partner because of his weight, but I can't find it - I don't remember enough about the post to search.

I remember the above because of the title - My DH is T-Bone.

xxoo

That is so great! 200 lbs - you must be so proud of him. I bet you're happy to get more room on the bed too. :(

Vines, I'm a little late coming to the picnic here. I know you're in school away from your family, but what program are you in? How far do you have to go until graduation? What kind of job do you hope to get when you're done? Give the newbies the dirt... :)

Great NSV for your DH,Crystal. I bet he is loving it too. And I bet you can not wait to see him also. Tell him "great job and keep up the good work."