Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I m kinda worried

I am 9 weeks out and Ive had 3 fills! and I feel no restriction. ZIP I can eat like I did pre band. Shouldnt I feel something by now? A little bit? Ive lost 80 lbs but its because I exercise like crazy and only eat 1300 calories a day but I cant do this on willpower forever. I have this deep down fear that the band isnt going to stop my hunger! I dont want to have to fight the urge to eat more.I dont want to think about food 24 7

Has your doctor checked the flow through your stoma under fluoro? My first fills only gave me brief restriction, but it was apparent under fluoro that my band was getting tighter. It took me several fills to hit my sweet spot on a long term basis. In fact, I ended up needing an overfill in my band to have restriction that didn't go away as my swelling disappeared and the fat around my stomach shrank away. My consolation is that if I ever needed an unfill so that I could eat normal sized meals due to illness, my band would be very loose.

Just keep up with your fills as your doctor will schedule them, and don't lose hope. My doctor kept assuring me that he'd get me good restriction, and sure enough, it happened. As you zero in on good restriction, it might take the tiniest of fills to get you there.

Thanks for the info:) I was selfpay so I would have to pay for the fluro but I would if its worth it. How much would that cost? All my fills are free for the first year but just not Fluro

It took five fills to hit it....it will happen...congrats on tremendous loss...I've been stuck at 52...but, I'm healthy again...love the band.

I've had three fills since August 11th and I'm down 52 lbs. My doctor says that it may take several more fills to get to the right spot. I don't think I'm too far off the mark as I do feel somewhat of a small restriction now. Hang in there and be happy that you have lost so much weight already. It will come. Just be patient.

Thanks for the info:) I was selfpay so I would have to pay for the fluro but I would if its worth it. How much would that cost? All my fills are free for the first year but just not Fluro

I was self-pay too, with one year of fills, but that also included fills under fluoro. Now that my year's up, it's all on me. The price at my office for a fill under fluoro is astronomical, in my opinion. The fill is around $150, but I also have to pay a fee to the hospital for using the x-ray which is around $500 or so. It works out to be in the neighborhood of $700. I think an experienced doctor can get a good idea of how your band is holding Fluid by pulling it out manually himself. He can measure the Fluid level (mine was always less than he put in, and I've read that the many people have the same issue, so don't get worried if it's not the same amount), and he can feel the pressure of the fluid as it's coming back into the syringe.