Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! Does this incision look normal??

Does this incision look normal??

I had lapband November 13th. I know it looks bruised but I've never seen anything like this. BTW I had the single incision lap band.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/members/45089-albums4540-picture26947.jpg

Jessica:

How lucky you are that you will only have one scar and it will be hidden in your belly button.

As far as your incision goes, I think the things to worry about are if you are running a fever, if you are having any oozing from the area, and if the area feels hot to the touch.

Please call your doctor if you are concerned about it. That's what they get the big bucks for:wink2:.

I wish you well on your LAP-BAND® journey. I love my band and my new flat tummy.

Sue

OK so far so good. No fevers. But I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks your very sweet!

It just looks like you had a lot of bruising and that can be normal for some people. Even with something as mundane as an IV, some people show nothing afterwards and some people have extreme bruising.

You definitely want to look for any unusual surface soreness in the red areas or warmth to the area. It seems like there is some yellowing of the skin as well which is good because it shows that the bruise is healing over time.

Definitely let your doctor know just in case. It really doesn't look bad to me but you do want to be really careful about any possibility of infection expecially around the incision site.

It looks like it is in the process of healing to me. One of mine turned a few brilliant colors in the process too. Also this is the first time I have heard of a one incision band. I watched a video on You Tube of the surgery and all of the stuff they have to do so I am thinking there has to be a lot more instruments going in and out of the one incision. If that is the case, there has to be more brusing etc. Congratulations on your journey!!!

My incision was bruised as well, but now the bruising is gone....everyone heals differently

Jessica actually your incision looks really good from what I can see. I personally had lots of bruising around my insicions too. Bruises have the tendency to “drain down” which is what looks probably the worst to you.

As long as you aren’t feeling ill or feverish you should be fine. However if you feel overly concerned you may want to ask your surgeon. I’m sure you’re having a post-op visit soon, no?

Thanks guys. I'm not having any other issues like fever or whatnot, and I don't believe it's infected, I just was shocked when I looked at it this morning. I have a post op visit on December 1st. Hopefully by then the bruise will be looking better. Thanks!

Man your bruise is nothing compared to the beauty I had! I literally was black with tinges of greens and blues for weeks. You look fine (relatively speaking), but I will agree that the bruise does hurt like a bugger.

I would call and mention it to the desk. Can you email the pic to the doc? Just check it out. I had no bruising and also had 1 belly button incision. I also am a worry wart. Hope all is well.

Your bruise did not look that bad, I had SEVERE bruising and swelling around my port. It was so swollen it looked literally the size of a large grapefruit and I had to wear a pressure bandage (fancy name for an exspensive girdle LOL!) for 10days for the swelling to go down. then it took 4 weeks for my bruise to disapear. Now 6 weeks post op it looks pretty normal. So don't sweat it, just part of the process. Now @ 6 weeks I'm already down about 25lbs since my surgery. give it a little time and you will be fine!:thumbup: