Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's all the fill hype about?

I had my first fill yesterday, and after all the freaking out I read on here and all the talk of numbing the area, I was a little nervous.

But then, it happened, and it was totally painless. Took a total of 30 seconds for the Doc to find the port, stick it with a needle and fill me up. No numbing necessary! And I barely felt a thing. I got 1.2cc added to my 2cc I got on Surgery Day.

:-)

I'm hoping to finally get some restriction from this.

How much of a fill did it take before you really knew that you had restriction? What does restriction feel like, anyways? lol

Thanks. Sum

Oh, and I posted a new Vlog on YouTube if anyone's interested in following...

I get my first fill 12/8 -- Glad you had a good experience ..

I go for my 4th fill tomorrow..after my 2nd fill, I made the mistake of eating sushi too soon and wound up being too tight due to some being stuck in my band... so I had 1/2 CC taken out... after my 3rd fill, I had good restriction... that fill took me to like 3 1/2 CC in a 10CC band... I had such good restriction, but not at my sweet spot... that when I went in Oct for my 4th fill, he didn't do one... but now I am definately ready for my next fill. I still have decent restriction.. but I am now able to eat more then I should be able to a lot of the time... so for me.. I got pretty decent restriction at 3 1/2 CC, but it does loosen up as we go along until we hit our sweet spot...

I had my first fill yesterday, and after all the freaking out I read on here and all the talk of numbing the area, I was a little nervous.

But then, it happened, and it was totally painless. Took a total of 30 seconds for the Doc to find the port, stick it with a needle and fill me up. No numbing necessary! And I barely felt a thing. I got 1.2cc added to my 2cc I got on Surgery Day.

:-)

I'm hoping to finally get some restriction from this.

How much of a fill did it take before you really knew that you had restriction? What does restriction feel like, anyways? lol

Thanks. Sum

Oh, and I posted a new Vlog on YouTube if anyone's interested in following...

Thats great! yea i'm kinda of nervous too and I think I'm getting my first fill tomorrow, not positive tho! I subscribed to you on youtube because I have a vlog as well! I was banded Oct 26th! congrats on ur success so far :w00t:

I dont get it either, fills are nothing. They're not painful, they're quick and easy. I also dont understand why the medical profession turns them into such a drama - we dont use fluoro here, and I dont see why it would be necessasry except under special circumstances.

I agree. Fills are a non issue.

I also thought it was quick and easy. I think the biggest thing is getting the right restriction, the "sweet spot" is different for everyone. I have 2cc in a 4cc band and so far I think it is perfect. Time will tell though, I only got it a little over a week ago.

i had my fourth fill today. nothing to it! I had great restriction after my 3rd fill. I thought, finally this is how it's supposed to feel! and then about 7 days later everything loosened up and i had hardly any restriction.

I'm optimistic though. I realize it's a slow journey and i will eventually get to my sweet spot. Thank goodness my Dr is the best! He says four weeks between fills but if i loose the restriction he's all about moving my appointment up. So far i've not gone more than 3 weeks between fills 2 - 4.

I have to get my third fill tomorrow. I have 6.5cc in a 11cc band. I am hoping to feel some restriction soon. I am beginning to need the help that my tool can provide.

I am extremely needle phobic, so much so that I've walked out of labs when I was supposed to give blood for my primary care physician.

I was pretty nervous about getting my first fill because of this, and was pleasantly surprised when itreally didn't bother me.

So for anyone who is needle phobic, take it from me, it really isn't a big deal.

And I finally have some real restriction, too! I'm not at my sweet spot yet, but it feels great to not be hungry, actually feel full longer.

I don't know what the big deal is either... Needing to be dramatic is all I can come up with. Mine takes a couple of minutes no pain and I hate needles.

I have even watched my husband and son get their's done and they have a tough time finding the port, bit it still doesn't hurt them, just not fun.

I had my 3rd fill on yesterday. I got .4cc added. It was totally painless. I now have 2.4cc, Hope this gives me greater restriction.

Edited by lingra