Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate people eating around me!

We have to remember not everyone has a weight problem so they can eat if they need to or want to. Just do not let it bother you. My husband and grandbabies eat in front of me all the time (not to be rude but because they are hungry) Most times I am the one who has to pop the popcorn and sometimes drive thru to get him a hamburger for dinner (he works 2 jobs) I just do not let it bother me. I would never cry about food and I have clinical depression. We have to be tough and stronger than food. It has already messed us up. Remember the saying “Nothing taste as good as being thin feels!“

Yeah, I'm lucky to have a supportive husband who keeps reminding me that I'm doing this for nothing. Since I've had the surgery besides going to peoples houses, he's been eating on the way home or eating when I'm not there.

People out there don't understand a lot about the lap band the food restrictions with it, so we just have educate our friends and family and let them understand that this is a very strict plan.

I wish you guys luck on your weight loss journey!

You are very lucky to have a supportive husband!! And it is sooo true that not all men are sensitive. I wish my husband was even the least bit supportive....but he has it in his mind, that I had this done so I can lose the weight and leave him. I laughed at that. Why would I need to lose weight to leave someone? I WOULDNT! HAHA!

I think you need to take his insecurity seriously - it sounds like he is trying to sabotage you - maybe not consciously. It's a big change, and he may be quite afraid of losing you. Give him reassurances and ask him to try to be more considerate. Just my thoughts, maybe worth a try. Good Luck.

MAN I KNOW HOW ALL OF YOU FEEL, I HAD MY LAPBAND ON THE 13th ALSO. MY FAMILY ALWAYS EAT IN FRONT OF ME AND IT'S ANNOYING AND LAST NIGHT THEY HAD FETTUCCINE ALFEDO :redface: MY FAVORITE LOL, BUT I HAD TO SUCK IT UP AND STAY ON MY liquids LIKE MY DOCTOR TOLD ME TO!

I wish my husband was even the least bit supportive....but he has it in his mind, that I had this done so I can lose the weight and leave him. I laughed at that. Why would I need to lose weight to leave someone? I WOULDNT! HAHA

My husband said this one day too. I told him I just hoped he would like me better, and I really think he does. At least he acts like it...

I think I need to be totally honest with my husband and let him know that not only did I choose to have this done for me, but for us. I want to have a more intimate relationship with my husband and at my current weight, I am extremely self conscious. Guess I should let him know that. But yes, I agree that I need to ask him to be a bit more considerate and understanding. And assure him that leaving him isnt an option in my mind. Thanks everyone!

You are very lucky to have a supportive husband!! And it is sooo true that not all men are sensitive. I wish my husband was even the least bit supportive....but he has it in his mind, that I had this done so I can lose the weight and leave him. I laughed at that. Why would I need to lose weight to leave someone? I WOULDNT! HAHA!

OMG, my husband said the same thing! Please, I was skinny when we started dating LOL! I don't need to lose weight to leave his dumb butt :thumbup:!

Jessica-- hang in there, girl. You can do this! It is REALLY hard initially, but after awhile, they say we get to a better place with it all (I guess after we start getting filled). Just remember, you can have certain things in moderation, so if you have a love of Pasta (like I do), you can indulge once in awhile in a healthier way with a smaller portion.

(And I have to confess, I was banded just before Halloween, so I would chew up candy and spit it out just to get the taste, so I know how you feel!!! :)) Hang in there, we'll get through this!