Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sexy is an Attitude

I'm really frustrated today (aka PMS.) I keep reading and hearing women cracking insults about themselves, afraid to post pictures, afraid to show their arms, afraid to "feel" beautiful. Get over it. If anyone honestly thinks that I "think" I look sexy, you are dead wrong. I'm a fat, flabby, frizzy, wrinkled, puffy 250 pound blob of human flesh that used to weigh 315, so I've got body parts hanging over stuff I can't find. I have 11.5 boat feet that shoe stores don't carry sizes in. I look like a circus freak in heels considering my girth and height. I come from abusive parents - father is dying of alcoholic related liver problems while mother fights the law from putting her in the funny farm. I sweat too much, my skin rubs, I'm morbidly obese.

When I look at my naked body, I see a stupid, loud-mouthed, fat, disgusting body. But ya know what, I don't pay attention to the outside. The outside is what GOD created, the inside is what I created. AND I'M DAMN PROUD.

Next time I see even the slightest negative remark come out of anyone's posts, I'm coming there to doll you up leathers and feathers, makeup and sparkles. I'm going to show you how sexy you really are from the inside out!

Here's my latest Marilyn pose. I'm damn hot, and I don't care what anyone else says.

post-203981-13813132326814_thumb.jpg

Well, put. I see myself one way and when I look in the mirror, I look totally different. It is depressing though.

"Next time I see even the slightest negative remark come out of anyone's posts, I'm coming there to doll you up leathers and feathers, makeup and sparkles. I'm going to show you how sexy you really are from the inside out!"

If I make a negative remark and buy a plane ticket to LV, can this happen???

well said DeLarla!! I feel the exact same way you do!! One of my friends said to me - don't know if it was jealousy or if she was being funny - You think you're all that. My response to her? I AM!!!! And I do think I am all that. I am a beautiful person inside and out. Loosing weight didn't make me that way but it helped to give me the confidence to look deep inside myself and see it. Hell if I don't think I am who else will??

Sexy is an Attitude

Amen to that!

I agree...I may not look as sexy as a supermodel but I feel damn sexy ...sexier then I ever have felt in my life with this weight gone forever! It's all in the attitude

Great Picture Lisa..you look Wicked Sexy :( and thank you for this post and reminding us al that we are all sexy in our own way

Anyone that comes to Vegas gets a DeLarla Do-over! hair & makeup. Then I'll get the scissors and cut off your sleeves, then make some darts in all those big old stupid baggy shirts that you think are hiding your body. Fitted, off the shoulder, sexy, sparkles, earrings. LIP LINER! Sa-mooooooooch!

Thanks for the compliment on my pic, but I'm not fishing for compliments, I'm just trying to show you that I've got an attitude better than lots of skinny women.

My girlfriend models bikinis but has a huge glove collection because her little pinkies have a crook. She actually thinks that makes her ugly. I stand in front of rooms full of women, and every single one feels awkward for one reason or another. Size 2 women have cellulite and stretch marks.

Even if we lost the weight, we'll NEVER have nice bodies. Even with plastic surgery, we're left behind with Frankenstein scars. Heck, turn them into ivy tattoos or something, and take that baggy shirt off!

Attitude is everything. Go Lisa, Go.

Just remember, ladies and gentlemen. Mona Lisa wasn't that great looking a chick - but the world remembers her for that quizical smile.

"I think (sexy), therefore I am (sexy)."

Even with plastic surgery, we're left behind with Frankenstein scars. Heck, turn them into ivy tattoos or something, and take that baggy shirt off!

That's exactly what I'm planning to do with my TT scars, when I get one! (the tuck part, not the tummy part, already got one of those...)

Sexy, just like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. I have always been heavy my entire adult life, but let me tell you, my skinny little ex-husband couldn't keep his hands off of me. He was like a freaking rabbit and wanted to go at it allll the time. He use to tell me that everytime he looked at me he got turned on, no matter what I was wearing and that he found me incredibly sexy. Of course this is the same guy that thought I was his personal punching bag whenever he was mad or in a bad mood. That's why he's my ex!

I have lost 60 lbs since the first week of August and I am already beginning to feel sexy and am allowing myself to feel that way. I know I still weight over 300 lbs, who cares, I still got it. I dress nicely whenever I go out, even to the gym. I fix my hair and I hold my head up high, my confidence in myself is one of my sexiest attributes.

Lisa, I'll start saving my money for my trip to Vegas for that makeover. Gosh, you really look great in the photo and I do love your positive thinking and enthusiasm, regardless of what life has thrown at you. Lance Armstrong defines being a hero and inspiration is someone who wins in the face of adversity. So guess that makes us all hero's and inspiring to others whether we realize it or not. Thanks Lisa for reminding us how wonderfully sexy we all are! You are awesome!!

Cindy

thanks for lifting me up - sometimes its soo easy to forget how sexy we really are - I like to shake my naked ass in the mirror to the radio in my bathroom and then I giggle thinking about what other people do in the privacy of their own bathrooms - it makes me feel sexy even though I know I look silly :)

Great post! We are all Beautiful! The definition of beautiful- WordNet Dictionary

Definition: [adj] aesthetically pleasing

[adj] delighting the senses or exciting intellectual or emotional admiration

Synonyms: aesthetic, aesthetical, beauteous, better-looking, bonnie, bonny, comely, dishy, esthetic, esthetical, exquisite, fair, fine-looking, glorious, good-looking, gorgeous, handsome, lovely, picturesque, pleasant, pretty, pretty-pretty, pulchritudinous, ravishing, resplendent, scenic, sightly, splendid, splendiferous, stunning, well-favored, well-favoured !

I say that this describes about everyone of you women and men I have met since I joined this site!!!

I saw my husband last week for the first time in many months. He is in Virginia, stationed on a submarine, and is looking at being sent to Guam in the near future; that's why I'm in Wisconsin, closer to my folks. We thought he'd be gone by now, but he's still here, and I'm not complaining.

One thing that he said to me is that even though I haven't lost a ton of weight, my self-confidence and my whole attitude has made him remember exactly why he fell in love with me, and he couldn't keep his hands off me the whole time we were there. The band for me gave me that self-confidence, and even though it hasn't manifested itself entirely physically, it certainly has mentally. I took control of my situation. And in doing so, changed my entire attitude about who and what I am.

I feel sexy, hence, I am sexy.

It's a fun lesson to learn. *smile* Learn it~

You're so right. I have a girlfriend who's rather big and she always wore the tightest tops and showed as much skin as she could - there's a fine line you know? She did look dreadful a lot of the time, huge belly rolls over the top of your low rise pants arent really a good look. But one day she turned up at dinner in a huge flowing Kaftan kind of thing and I honestly didnt recognise her when she came in the door. She looked 50kg heavier, she looked like a fat person.

Since that day I have never worn huge baggy clothes to hide under. Who am I kidding anyway?

But I have always been reasonably confident, I feel sexy when I make the effort and I've never let myself just give up and get round in track pants and baggy tshirts.

Yesterday I felt PMSy, so I wore a huge sweatshirt & fat leggings. Today I made up for it by dressing ultra feminine in some stranger's clothes from the clothing exchange. I'm wearing a floral flowing skirt and Francesca's green top with the bow & matching green cha-cha heels. I got compliments the second I walked in. Nothing baggy today. all fitted, and damn cute!