Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

:biggrin: Got banded on the 13th and had to stay in the hospital overnight. I have been having pain like I've never felt before. It's not gas pain it's pain on my left side of my stomach. I thin that's the port area? But gawd! I'm on two different pain medications and I'm just tolerating it. How long till it goes away? :tt2:

My surgeon told me to expect the port pain to last up too 6 weeks. I believe mine stopped hurting somewhere around week 4. Hang in there, it does get better.

Hang in there...it will get better. call your doctor for a stronger pain med. A heating pad will help too.

I was thinking of a heating pad. I'm so afraid to put anything near it. I'm normally not a wimp. :w00t:

It does feel a little better today so I'm going to take one day at a time and see how it goes.

thank you

I had my surgery on 11/11 and am still quite tender in this area. I've also had quite a bit of gas which puts pressure on my incision and in my belly. The best thing I found to help with this is Phazyme softgels and walking.

I do fill a bit better each day and returned to work today.

I'm a little better today too. I'm still hurting or I should say uncomfortable. I can't take a deep breath and I feel like I have an alien in me! lol

But I work as a CNA and I"m not going back to work till I can. I have to do a lot of bending and stretching and pulling and whatever the night brings.

I go back to the doctor next Wednesday for my follow up so I"ll see.

Thank you for all the comments and suggestions. Oh and the heating pad feels good too. :thumbup:

Edited by nkara

Glad your feeling better!:thumbup:

I guess we all knew that getting thin would be a big "pain!" I haven't felt pain in my port area, but in my shoulder. At night the pain can bring me to tears. I've been active during the day ( I have 2 young kids so I have to be) and at night it takes everything in me to get comfortable to sleep. The change in position sends the air straight to my shoulder...uuuggghh does this end soon? Tomorrow is my 1 week check up!

Anyone else suffering with me?

I haven't even slept in a bed yet. I'm still sleeping in the recliner. I made the mistake of sneezing yesterday! Oh brother did that hurt!!!!

Is that what I'm feeling when I wake up? Its the strangest pain or sensation....like when I get up, something moves back down to my stomach from my chest. And it only happens when I get up from a laying position to sitting up or getting up.

Is that gas? It kind of feels like I need to burp but its a painful burp....

I have constant "uncomfortableness" (I guess now) on my left side under my boob... I believe it's the port and it feels alien. I didn't really have a lot of gas pain and that was what I expected from a previous surgery using gas. I had back pain and side pain and of course my stomach hurt like hell. Definitely "better" today and I'm starting my full liquid week so I'm enjoying my first bowl of cream of wheat. :confused:

I got banded on November 13th as well. I had the single incision lap band so the one incision is in my belly button. Man does it hurt. It really hurts when I bend over or bend up, like getting out of bed or something. More recently I've had some left sided pain around the port area. I've also had pain in my left shoulder collar bone area. I was originally taking liquid loritab for the pain but I ended up in the ER over the weekend cause I was screaming in pain so they gave me percocet 10mg and that has helped a lot. I'm planning on going back to work this monday. Thankfully I work as a secretary so not a lot of pushing pulling or lifting.

Here's a closeup of my incision the day of surgery --

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/members/45089-albums4509-picture26758.jpg

And here's the incision 5 days after -- it sure has bruised a lot. ---

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/members/45089-albums4540-picture26947.jpg

I hear ya girls!(and guys) i am so uncomfortable everytime I drink. I have huge burps that give me some release though!I went back to work yesterday and had a good day. (I run a foster youth program.) Mostly desk job. This morning, I added 4oz of milk for my Protein and drank 3 oz and was so sick!!! 2 hours later, I belched massively, (gross at work) and I am starting to feel better. This is not easy....

How do you know when its okay to move forward from the clear liquid to the full liquid? I so could use some other flavors than chicken/beef broth and apple juice. I tried some crystal light but that was ewwww...

Just wondering...

my doctor is very precise. day 1-7 Clear liquids... day 8-14 full liquids... then for 2 weeks pureed... and for the final two weeks mushes.

I started full liquids today and it includes cream of wheat and yogurts so I'm good.