Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded 10/22/2009

My surgery took 2 hours. I woke up in almost no pain and walked within 20 minutes of waking up. An hour later I was in my car on the way home.

The biggest adjustment was having to sleep sitting up on the couch in the living room...Unfortunately, I sleep on my left side and that was the most tender (where the port is) and have just now been able to sleep comfortably on that side. Oh and I was lucky and got a nice big cold from the hospital!! Two weeks of holding a pillow over my incisions while I hacked and hacked and hacked!!

First day back to work today. I am scheduled for my first fill on 11/24/09 and feel almost no restriction right now. I am sticking to about 1/2 cup of food 3 times a day. I am not doing very well on the Snacks so my Protein is a little lower than it should be right now.

I started working out today as well. I have only lost 14 lbs since the 2 weeks before the surgery (10/08/2009). (That includes the 2 weeks of the liquid diet with the Protein shakes.) I am getting very worried that I might have made the wrong decision and should have gone for the GB instead of the LB.

I will hold my breath until I get my first fill and hope that I will see some larger numbers coming off after that.

Wow! I wish my surgery would have gone as smoothly as yours did! I was also banded on the 22nd. Though it only took about an hr and a half under anesthesia I was in recovery for over two hours in SO much pain. I've already been back at work for two weeks now and the first couple of days I would be exhausted even after less than two hours.

I was down 23 lbs at my two week appointment, but my doctor told me he wouldn't "high-five" me because everone is different! Some people come in only losing 8 lbs and others as high as mine but things slow down too. Everyone's body is different, so i'm sure once you fully start working out you will notice a jump in numbers! I hope you start seeing the results your looking for very soon! I bet you will! :w00t:

Hi there. I was banded on 10/26 and I also have no restriction. It sucks big time bc i am forcing myself to eat out of 4 oz containers to make sure that I don't over eat..and i don't get a fill for 90 days!!! and sometimes I do wonder if i should have gone with BP...HOWEVER! i think of reasons as to why i went with the band and I am ok with it. I already lost 20 lbs and even if this is hard ....thats because it is hard! it would be hard with a lap band or bp. we are changing our eating habits and you and I are still pretty new to this thing. So I think we made a right choice. The things that works the best to loose weight is whatever you stick to and be consistant on. Hope it gets easier for you :w00t:

Stacy

hi, i was banded on 10/30/2009. my surgery lasted about 3 hours. was in recovery about an hour. i stayed one night in the hospital. i live 6 hours away from where i had my band. the only real pain i had was the port, its up by my diaphram. i keep asking myself if i made a mistake having this done. i weighed 288 pre op and now am 276. the hardest thing is trying to stay away from foods i know i cant have. i get my first fill on 12/11. hopefully ill notice some changes then.

Hi! I was banded on October 29th. My surgery was roughly 20 mins. I was sore when I woke up but have had relatively no strong pain since then.

I have lost 23 pounds since surgery. My doctor told me at 2 weeks my job was to keep the weight off, until my 1st fill on December 15th.

I only get hungry in the afternoon, other than that I make sure I keep to the 4oz rule.

It is a mind game, more than hunger.

So for Thanksgiving, we are headed to Disney. Lots of exercise and fun, :redface:

Beth Massenglae

I was banded October 21st. My surgery was at 7:30am and I was heading out the door to go home at 11:30 feeling pretty darn good. I struggled that first week with being around food, talking about food, or just thinking about food. I've been doing pretty good since I got to start mushy foods. Today is the first day I am able to eat anything I want to try again and I can't because I am having blood drawn this afternoon. I'm soooo hungry! I lost 20 pounds in the two weeks prior to surgery and have lost 17 since surgery. The last week I have been at a standstill even though I'm watching my calories and exercising almost every day. I get my first fill December 3rd, it seems like a long time to wait but I'll make it.

weight.png

Hi Guys!!! I too was banded on 10/22...........I was in surgery for an hour and a half, and I had a bad reaction to the anesthesia and didn't leave the ICU for 2 hours after my surgery, and than I had a very low heart rate. They almost kept me over, but they let me go home later that night. That was my biggest issue.....it is such a big adjustment! I have had one fill and I am up to 6 cc's. I started at 4 cc's after the surgery. I started at 279 pre-op and I am now 236.5 post op!!! WAHOO 43 LBS!!! I feel like after reading other people's blogs that I haven't lost real well, but I guess any weight loss is good!!! I go for my second fill on the 21st of Dec, and I am excited to start to feel some restriction!!! Hope all you OCTOBER BANDSTERS are doing great!!!:)