Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lost 7lbs under the "Starve Yourself Diet"!

Ok, not really. I just couldn't eat for 4 days. :wink2:

When I had my surgery at the end of July, the surgeon put in 2cc. I had a fill 5 weeks later and he put in another 2cc. Then a second fill a month later, he put in 1cc. Still not really any restriction.

I went back in this past Monday for my 3rd fill. He wanted to check how much saline I had in, since I still wasn't feeling really any restriction, so he took out what was in my band and it equaled what it should (5cc).

He put in another 1cc initially, but when I drank it was a little uncomfortable, so he took out .5cc. I drank fine, felt fine. I started driving home and it started to get excruciating to just swallow my spit. I called them and turned around to get some removed.

He took out .4cc, so I was left with just .1cc extra (from what I had come in with). He mentioned it had been a little difficult to remove that .4cc and wanted me to get an X-Ray to see how everything was looking. So later I went and got X-Rays.

When I got home that evening and tried to drink something cold, it felt like it got hung up a little, hurt a bit, and made this awful gurgling noise. After a bit, I tried eating something really soft and it got stuck. I figured I was just swollen and laid of eating/drinking the rest of the night. In the morning I tried eating soft eggs, got stuck again. Drinking proved to be a problem, as well. The only thing I could get down easily was warm liquids and yogurt, Soup, and ice cream (only got it because I needed calories). I didn't want to have to get unfilled because he only put in .1cc and I needed a fill. Plus I didn't want to spend another $30 on a co-pay.

Well, after a couple days of not really being able to eat, I contacted the office. I finally went in to see him Friday afternoon. He looked at my X-Rays and there's a looped section of the tube, but doesn't know if it's kinked or not. He says he's never had someone kinked and never really even heard of it happening. He took out .5cc from my band, with difficulty, and wants to see me in 3 weeks to do it under fluoro.

He said I may end up having to have another surgery to correct the kink (if it's determined there is one). And since I've currently met my Out-of-Pocket, he wants to do it by next month (when the insurance year typically refreshes). NOT COOL, DUDE!

Good thing is that I can finally eat now and do have some restriction. But since I have less than I did before I went in for my fill, we'll see how long it lasts. I went in at 5cc and now I'm at 4.6cc. And I've also lost 7lbs since Monday!

Here is my X-Ray:

xray1.jpg

Holy smokes!...Thanks for sharing your x-ray...kinda cool to see how they look "inside"...sorry you are not feeling well...hopefully they will get this resolved for you!!!

I'm sorry this happened to you, and I hope it doesn't end up costing you too much, especially so soon after the original procedure. Thanks for sharing your x-ray though!

WOW. crazy. IT looks like the hose isnt even connected to your port anymore. Does anyone else see that?

That is amazing. I hope everything goes well. Good Luck and Best Wishes.

Wow is right.

that is wild. I made my whole family come and look at your xray. My daughter commented you have a good vertebral column.

I hope things work out, please update us. Glad you are able to eat something again.

Be well.

Wow is right.

that is wild. I made my whole family come and look at your xray. My daughter commented you have a good vertebral column.

I hope things work out, please update us. Glad you are able to eat something again.

Be well.

I am married to a retired X-Ray tech (of 48yrs experience) and he says that it looks like the tubing isn't connected to the port. What looks like a kink is probably just a loop and could be shown better with a side view X-ray.

He say the doctor should have been able to "read" this x-ray and determined this for himself. He says that you should get a radiology doctor to look at this x-ray for you.

Good luck and keep us posted.

I am married to a retired X-Ray tech (of 48yrs experience) and he says that it looks like the tubing isn't connected to the port. What looks like a kink is probably just a loop and could be shown better with a side view X-ray.

He say the doctor should have been able to "read" this x-ray and determined this for himself. He says that you should get a radiology doctor to look at this x-ray for you.

Good luck and keep us posted.

I know it has to be connected because he removed saline from my band after the x-ray was taken. It does look like that, though! :biggrin:

The doctor had said that it looks like a loop, but he still thinks there's something being kinked somewhere because of the difficulty in removing saline. We'll see what happens at my next appointment. Hopefully it's nothing and I don't have to have surgery. That would suck.

Wow is right.

Be well.

Tell her thanks! I don't think I've ever been complimented on my vertebral column. :biggrin:

Does she work in the medical field?

I looked at another X-ray and zoomed in. In the area where it looks like it's not connected, there's a tube coming out the other end and connecting to the other tubing that looks like it's just hanging out there not attached to anything. Then it loops up and attaches to the port.

It's just really light so you can't see it well.

If the tube were not connected to the port she would be eating like mad and as mentioned they were able to extract saline - they wouldn't be getting saline if it disconnected.