Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today is my Bandiversary!

Today I have been banded for one year. I sure can’t believe it has been a whole year. I can still remember searching for a doctor, waiting for the date to get here and being scared and excited all at once.

I have had great weight losses, and long plateaus, but I don’t regret for one moment getting my band. I feel like the band has not only saved my life, but it has given me a whole new life.

I can do so many things now that I couldn’t do before:

I can take long walks, climb stairs without feeling like I am going to pass out. I can get up off the floor without help, I can bend over, do exercises, work in the yard, run, look people in the face instead of at the ground. I can dance all night long, I can see my feet, I can look at myself in the mirror and not want to cry, I can wear dresses/suits and heels, I can shop in the Misses department (although I find myself in the plus section all the time), I can wear different styles of clothing and I might add all kinds of colors, and I can wear my hair in many different styles.

I am learning how to accept compliments. I don’t look around the room to see if I am the biggest person there anymore. I am not afraid to sit in any chair, and I don’t feel like everyone is watching what I am eating.

I have a different attitude, I am a much happier person, I am loving life in general. For the first time my weight is less than my driver’s license says! I even fit into some of DH clothes!

I have met many new friends here on this board and in person. I have a brand new family of friends here. I laugh as well as cry with y’all. This board has been my inspiration and I couldn’t have done it without each and everyone of you. So, at this time I want to say “Thank you” for being there.

I still have a ways to go, but I know I will get there. This is the first time in my life I know I can loose all this weight and keep it off.

Betty, Betty, Betty

Congratulations my friend! I'm so proud of you and so happy for you :(

You have done an awesome job with your band, and you have always ben there for me whenever I needed love and support.

This is the first time in my life I know I can loose all this weight and keep it off.

Amen to that Betty! I feel the exact same way!

Here's to another successful year ahead :)

WAY TO GO BETTY! It's been a year since I joined this site, boy time flies, especially when we're having fun. I'm so proud of you, you're another roll model and you've been an inspiration to all of us, with your words of wisdom and encouragement.

Two more months and I'll be celebrating the year too, although, I feel like I've been stuck at the same weight for a year, LOL.

Oh yeah Betty, what did we all do with our time before LBT, I just checked out your posts, OMG 3564 posts, that's a lot of posts lady!!!!!

YAY Betty!! You've been a model bandster girlfriend! I'm SOO proud of you and for you! You deserve every great thing that comes from this and more! Happy Bandiversary!!

(((((BETTY))))

Betty, your love, patience, forgiveness, warmth, compassion and positive outlook are things I try to learn from. Thank you for all you do here. You must be on top of the world. Can't we have a before & after side-by-side?

P.S. Did I mention forgiveness? :(

Much love, Lis

Wow Betty, It's been a year already?

I remember telling you to relax Baby Betty just when you were post op.

You've come a long way Baby.

Look at those STATS!! down 85!!

Congratulations!

I am so proud of you! You are the bandster that I wish I was (well, and Michelle too).

You have been such an inspiration to me. You are slow to speak (meaning you are intelligent in thinking things through before you talk), quick to show compassion (to anyone who needs it), and basically impress the heck out of me!!!

You are the kind of woman that when you talk, I love to listen - because I know that it'll be important enough to listen to!

Kudos to you - mega props, mega props. You are one wonderful woman in my book!