Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Struggling a Little . . . help

Starting to struggle a bit . . . was banded the end of May and have only lost about 30-35 pounds. I am now at about 200 pounds and would like to lose about 50 more. I have had about 3 fills am definitely not at the "sweet spot" yet. My weight loss has plateaued for about 2-3 months! Is this normal? I am doing my best to eat healthy, but I can surely eat more than a cup! I can't imagine that amount of food filling me yet.

Also . . .

Could you share what you eat for Breakfast that involves little to no cooking? Also, what do you all typically eat for lunch? dinner?

I am getting tired of a cheese stick and yogurt for breakfast and need inspiration and words of encouragement!

I feel you. I had my surgery may 2008. I went from 245 to 195, however i am now at around 215:( I also want to get to 150 but i havent been excersizng and thats my downfall. I don't want to gain my weight back. Im hypoglycemic and try to eat at least every 2 hrs. My morning starts at 6:00 am and i have cream of wheat in the morning, two hrs later apples and grapes, 2hrs later brocalie, carrots and califlower with some ranch. lunch is small saled of lettuce and cucumber and bowl of Soup. i get off at two and then don't eat till dinner and I eat whatever i fix my husband but just not as much. Sounds like a lot but if i don't eat like this then im stuffing bad carbs down so i try not to allow my self to get hungry. now if i can just get out for a walk! im mad at myself for spending so much money and i was doing good but i live in a small town and i need some good Protein but havent had a chance to get out of town. I feel protein curbs my appetite. low fat triscuts and slices of mozzerella are a good snack also. good luck and your not alone:)

I don't have my band yet but it sounds like you need a fill. Also, don't be so hard on yourself! You've lost an average of a pound per week. Thats really good! I bet you will do even better when you're tightened up a bit.

Meanwhile, have you ever had cottage cheese with tomatoes for breakfast? I also like tomatoes with low fat sharp cheddar or parmesan melted on top in a toaster oven (on a whole wheat english muffin is good if you can tolerate breads). Here are some other ideas:

Peanut Butter and banana (by itself, in a Protein shake, or with crackers/triskits/wasa toast...)

soy sausage (Morningstar Farms breakfast patties are the best) with fruit, yogurt, or egg (microwave the sausage and keep hard boiled eggs handy)

veggie egg-white scramble (microwave)

oatmeal made with apple juice and fruit! It makes a huge difference in the taste. I hate oatmeal but love it this way. (microwave)

Plain greek yogurt with fruit, granola, or honey

Hope these food ideas help!

My nutritionist said that I need to make sure that my Protein is "dense" Protein rather than soft or slider-type Proteins. So, instead of eating scrambled eggs, I eat a boiled egg. A boiled egg takes longer to digest because it's denser. Instead of eating cottage cheese, I eat LF cheddar. I've found that the denser Proteins really do make me feel fuller longer, so I'm not as tempted to eat.

Typical menu for me includes boiled egg (breakfast, around 7:30 a.m.); 6-8 rolled up slices of thin deli turkey sometimes spread with laughing cow cheese, 1/2 an apple (lunch, around noon), handful of almonds or a piece of string cheese (snack, around 4:00 p.m.), 3-4 oz solid protein like grilled chicken, lean steak, or fish/shrimp, small salad w/ LF dressing or 1/2 c veggies (dinner, around 6:00). If I need a late-night snack, I'll usually have a SF pudding or something to satisfy my sweet tooth. I never drink with meals, and I make sure to get at least 64 oz. of Water per day.

The denser foods seem to do the trick for me. Hope this helps!

GatorGal

My nutritionist said that I need to make sure that my Protein is "dense" Protein rather than soft or slider-type Proteins. So, instead of eating scrambled eggs, I eat a boiled egg. A boiled egg takes longer to digest because it's denser. Instead of eating cottage cheese, I eat LF cheddar. I've found that the denser Proteins really do make me feel fuller longer, so I'm not as tempted to eat.

Typical menu for me includes boiled egg (breakfast, around 7:30 a.m.); 6-8 rolled up slices of thin deli turkey sometimes spread with laughing cow cheese, 1/2 an apple (lunch, around noon), handful of almonds or a piece of string cheese (snack, around 4:00 p.m.), 3-4 oz solid protein like grilled chicken, lean steak, or fish/shrimp, small salad w/ LF dressing or 1/2 c veggies (dinner, around 6:00). If I need a late-night snack, I'll usually have a SF pudding or something to satisfy my sweet tooth. I never drink with meals, and I make sure to get at least 64 oz. of Water per day.

The denser foods seem to do the trick for me. Hope this helps!

GatorGal

Wow! Are you saying that one hard boiled egg eaten at 7:30 am keeps you satisfied until lunch???? I am definitely not at my sweet spot then! I see you had your surgery about a month after me and have lost about double . . . how many fills did it take you to find that sweet spot? Ugh!

Wow! Are you saying that one hard boiled egg eaten at 7:30 am keeps you satisfied until lunch???? I am definitely not at my sweet spot then! I see you had your surgery about a month after me and have lost about double . . . how many fills did it take you to find that sweet spot? Ugh!

Actually, yes. However, during the week when I work, it's much easier between breakfast and lunch as I am busy. Having said that, I'm always tighter in the mornings, so even on weekends when I'm home, I don't feel hungry between breakfast and lunch. If I'm going to be hungry, it's going to be late afternoon. That's why I keep cheese or almonds or a South Beach Protein Bar handy. The dense Proteins seem to do the trick for me as I've noticed that when I do eat softer ones, I get hungry much earlier.

I have had four fills and am at 3.1 cc in a 4 cc band. I am very close to my sweet spot though I don't think I'm there yet. My doc and I are reluctant to fill me any more since I'm doing so well and since we're heading into the holidays where I'll be traveling. He doesn't want me to be out of state and be needing an unfill, so I'm going to stay put at least until after Thanksgiving. That will be a real test as I will be around lots of food. However, it will let me know if I'm serious about keeping off what I've lost.

Remember that my body is going to be completely different from yours, so be careful not to compare your success with mine. You've lost weight, and that's the important thing!