Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've Been Approved!!!

Well, everyone, I just had to share my exciting news with you all. My whole process started in early August. After orientation, support group meetings, meetings with therapists and nutritionists, I finally saw the surgeon a few weeks ago. During my second visit with him, on Thurs. Oct. 13, he put in the request for authorization for lap band surgery , and I just found out today that I was authorized!!! Is it really possible to be authorized so soon? (I guess so). It has only been a couple of business days. This is unbelievable! I'm excited, but I'm scared too. I had been holding back from telling my best friend, because of her attitude towards the surgery, but, with some prompting from my mother, I decided to tell her today. She had positive things to say about the surgery, but they did not seem to come from the heart. I think that she is a bit bothered /envious of my having surgery. I can't really blame her; I would probably feel the same way if the tables were turned. Her reaction caused me to feel bad about telling her, but I just felt that it would be extremely difficult to continue to hide it from her, seeing as how we speak to each other and see each other 24/7. I informed her that I did not mind her telling her husband (she's one of those that CANNOT keep ANYTHING from her husband; it's so sad), but I do not want her to tell anyone else. She was a bit confused and offended, so I explained to her that some people tend to view weight loss surgery as an easy way out and also tend to judge us harshly, and I do not want to deal with that from anyone, (if I can help it). Usually we talk on the phone forever and ever, but after I told her my news, she was quick to get off the line. I felt Awful! But, back to the exciting news---My surgery date is scheduled for November 7th. I was so concerned that my insurance would not cover the surgery, and now that they have, I'm so scared and nervous!Heartfelt thanks to all of you for all of the encouragement, support, and vital information that you all have provided and continue to provide. I truly appreciate everything (negative and positive). :(

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches