Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Maryland Banders Winter Challenge!!!

Hey y'all! I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in starting our own Challenge? It would last 10 weeks, starting weigh-in this Friday, and we would post our weights every Friday to motivate and encourage eachother to lose some weight! We could post our starting weight this Friday along with a goal for the 10 weeks, and then post every Friday. Others could drop by and see us bustin' our butts and get inspired. Anyone interested???? Let me know and we can get this party started...

I just wanted to post my weight and goal (I don't think it will change much by Friday)

Carrie :D

weight: 238 :dead

goal: lose 20 lbs. in 10 weeks and to exercise on a regular basis :)

habits to overcome: emotional eating, eating when not hungry, impulse eating

Gooo Carrie this is what we need to get through the winter without gaining.

I can report on Wednesday because I weight in at my TOPS meetings on Tuesdays.

Weight:As of last Tuesday 409

Goal: Exercise everyday (15 min a day)

Overcome: Cut out the fast food (meal plan)

Good idea & way to stay motivated.

WGT: 314

GOALS: to exercise 30 min. daily @ a minimum

HABIT: sensible band eating

Ok, we can do this together! It has been a few days and I've been doing alright, but I need to exercise! I'm going for a fill on Wednesday, so that should help me some, I feel more motivated right afterwards. We'll see how I've done on Friday...thanks for joining me, guys :(

Consider it kicked - good and hard!!! Now kick me back!!! Ok, now that we're done beating eachother up, remember to post on Friday how you did for the week on meeting your goals. I had my 2nd fill today, and I'm feeling good about this first week...talk to me later on in this challenge, and we might be hearing something else...but, oh well. We'll keep eachother motivated!!!!

Um, ps - Teresa, you have lost FIFTY pounds!!! And LSasha THIRTY FIVE!!! That is so great! Just look at how far you've come already!!! I've only lost 13, so you are both an inspiration to me.

My 35lbs also include my pre-op liquid diet (I need all the help I can get, so I'm counting everything lol). I weighed in Tues. and to my surprise another 9 lbs. gone in one wk. I'm newly banded and I just got off my post-op liquid diet, so I'm pretty sure that's why I've lost the way I have. Hopefully I can continue this success.

Yay! That's so great...we'll see where I am tomorrow morning. You have surpassed me be a long shot! I am a member of the Turtles (slow weight loss group)! Keep it up!

Carrie remember it is always hardest to loose those last ten pounds. The more you weigh the faster the initial weight comes off. Your starting weight was below my goal weight. Don't beat up on yourselves guys, love your self and take care of yourself and your band.

LSasha it doesn't mater if it was liquid or fried chicken, you did it. Only you and your band are gonna git.... LOL Don't scoff at any loss, take it and run with it.

Thanks for the support! You are right, it just is very frustrating sometimes...BUT I will be happy this weekend because

1st weigh in: 230

2nd weigh in: 225

total pounds lost: 5

YAY!!! Now I get to fix my ticker!!! I just have to try not to be happy and Celebrate with food........

Oh my goodness, I ate everything this weekend. Maybe not everything but I did eat a lot of donuts....they were on sale. Help Me....I have to weigh in tomorrow. I made some Soup last night in hopes to counteract the donuts.

They were on sale so you just had to get them, right :)? I know how it is...don't worry. Remember, it's not about what happened this weekend, it's about the big picture. You have lost a lot of weight so far, and you'll just get back on track this week. Let us know how the weigh in went, and don't get down on yourself. One weekend of indulgence doesn't ruin everything! You can do it!

Alright, y'all...Friday is only 2 days away...I am scared to weigh in!!! I've heard some people talking about TOPS, how do I find out more information? It sounds pretty good. As for now, that evil scale is calling my name, knowing I have to get on it on Friday :) Oh, the horror!!!!