Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So my surgery was finally approved and now it seems so real! My surgery date is December 28 and I'm nervous and excited at the same time. I'm actually more nervous about the 2-week pre-op diet. Yikes!

Who else has a December surgery date?

I was banded Jan 4, 08, so I know what you are going through. I was on pre-op for Christmas and New Year's Eve. YIKES! ha ha

Doc told me to go ahead and "cheat" for Christmas dinner, but only that ONE meal. I took him at his word and it was fine. I still lost 11 pounds in 10 days!

There are many different pre-op diets out there. Mine was fairly easy. For 10 days, 2 Protein shakes a day and one lean and green meal (4 oz of lean meat and 1 cup of veggies). The first three days are tough. You go through carb withdraw, but after that, it's smooth sailing.

Congrats and good luck!

Yeah my pre-op diet isn't TOO bad - 3 Protein shakes/bars a day and 1 meal of lean meat and veggies, and i can eat certain veggies anytime throughout the day when I'm hungry. I just need to lose 10 lbs, I'm not too worried. But I think I'll be having some christmas dinner!

Sounds good! Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!

I have a surgery date on 18 December. Well isn't that going to be a fun Christmas. One I won't forget. Hopefully I will Celebrate each Christmas with the thought of this is when I took the first step to better health and quality of life. Good luck with yours.

I only had three days of a liquid pre-op diet. It wasn't bad at all. Good luck getting thru the holidays.

I was banded last december 19th and can't believe it's been a year..I couldn't wait till a year passed and here it is almost just that..I went from 243 and am at 169 or lower haven't weighed in awhile..Been a VERY rough year for me and other family members but am still trying to go on and lose more as it is SO much slower now!

I have my surg. date for Dec. 15th, 09......I am soooo....excited! It has been a long journey. Can't wait for the big day:)

Lizzy you and I share a surgery date!

only 10 days to go!!!!

are you on a pre op diet?

I am and its going rly well im so excited with the weightloss

and know its only the begining

So my surgery was finally approved and now it seems so real! My surgery date is December 28 and I'm nervous and excited at the same time. I'm actually more nervous about the 2-week pre-op diet. Yikes!

Who else has a December surgery date?

My surgery date is 12/9. I have been using Jenny Craig for my diet until surgery and probably afterwards also. We just took the 1200 calorie food sheets for different weeks and took out the Snacks between meals and it went to 1000 calories a day. It seemed to work for me. If you cannot afford Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers is a good one to use also.

I am also excited and nervous about the diet. I have been so good on my Jenny diet and I get weighed on Monday morning. I think I am going to have a meal of something I want to before surgery. It will probably mean a weight gain at Jenny's but maybe not. We will see. I have lost around 40 pounds now.

Thanks for listening, sometimes I wonder if anyone is really out there. I don't think I have had a reply from anyone. :wink2:

Well good luck and God bless ya!!!!

Pam92

I have my surg. date for Dec. 15th, 09......I am soooo....excited! It has been a long journey. Can't wait for the big day:)

I'm the 15th as well. I begin my pre-op on Tuesday.

- Val

Hi everybody. Had my surgery last Wednesday Dec. 2nd it was great had no pain just some discomfort. Now the gas issue is killing me got rid off the gas pain on my shoulder and neck but stomach gas is bad Gas-X not helping any ideas?

I read on here about folks getting excited about a surgery date. My date is 12/15 too but I am excited only in the sense that I am terrified. I don't care for doctors, hospitals, and surgery. I don't guess anyone does but I am a big chicken worse than most.

klutzyazhel: You said in your post you had a rough year. Was it related to getting the band? Can you share? It sounds like you have achieved a huge success.

I read on here about folks getting excited about a surgery date. My date is 12/15 too but I am excited only in the sense that I am terrified. I don't care for doctors, hospitals, and surgery. I don't guess anyone does but I am a big chicken worse than most.

You're not alone. We can be chickens together on 12/15.