Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Skinnyjeans turn for a flat tummy

Vonhelzing,

I have slept in bed with lots of pillows behind me elevated and pillow under knees to keep slouch position. I haven't been as comfortable in recliner as I thought I would be. Seems to make sides hurt little more. I think it's because I tend to lean to the side when in the recliner.

Hey there skinny!! I am so glad to see you are doing so great. I have of course been freaking out since I will be going in on Thurs for my tt and breast lift. I was so glad to hear that it wasn't as bad as you thought it was going to be. Knowing that your 5 out of 10 pain level made me feel better too! I can hardly wait to see your after pics. I did not get an unfill and now am wondering if I should have. I am really tight but I do like it that way. I plan on just living on Protein Shakes for the first 2 weeks. Have you showered yet? What kind of clothes did you wear the day of surgery and do you have any tips on clothes? I am really getting excited and now that I saw you were doing so well I am not as scared. xoxoxoxoxoxox

Skinny, I am so happy for your excellent progress. I didn't know that the doc's want us bent over, I thought trying to get upright ASAP was the thing to do, so thank you for educating me. Are you happy with "the girls"? Does it hurt to massage them?

Mimi

WOO HOO Skinnyjeans! You did it!! How exciting for you :w00t: Thanks for posting about the pain and sleeping, etc. I'm making plans to create a Pillow Mountain on my couch and bed so I can be comfortable.

Did you get an unfill, and do you find any problems taking the narcotics if your band is filled? Like, did the pills get stuck?? Trying to decide what I need to do.

I might have overdone it yesterday. Had dr. appt which is two hr round trip from where we live. Than slept and had first shower. Had lots swelling last night and just felt tingly weird. Also skin been very itchy. I started feeling nausea last night. I think I handled the pain a lot better when I couldn't see the scars. Now for some reason I have this visual image that makes me feel like I should feel worse. Honestly it is quite freakishly frankenstein to look at. I know if will improve over time but it's hard for me to see myself like this. I try not to look into hubby eyes because it's hard to see him see me like this. He's been great though with helping me shower and get up, down around. He did take a few pictures yesterday. I'll try to load them later on. But they aren't pretty. I just have to stay focused on the end result. dr. pulled my vajayjay real tight. This feels weird. There's also a spot on right side that looks kinda weird. Where the drain is located is starting to cause discomfort. When I move wrong it pulls on it and I want to scream. I think I've kept a lot of emotions in because hubby didn't really want me to have this done. I guess i felt like, I signed up for this self inflicted pain so gotta deal with it. Not sure if this makes sense. Pain is still tolerable though. just take it easy and rest.

It doesnt hurt to massage the boobs. I'm happy with the girls. They still feel way out there though. My friend who helped me yesterday said I looked good. She said her other friend who had boobs done was so swollen that her boobs were way out there, practically under her chin. Mine feel like when you breast feed and they get engorged.

WOO HOO Skinnyjeans! You did it!! How exciting for you :w00t: Thanks for posting about the pain and sleeping, etc. I'm making plans to create a Pillow Mountain on my couch and bed so I can be comfortable.

Did you get an unfill, and do you find any problems taking the narcotics if your band is filled? Like, did the pills get stuck?? Trying to decide what I need to do.

I did get a total unfill.. Glad I did because the swelling is quite a bit. I have both liquid hydrocodone and tablets. With unfill i've been able to take the tablets without any problems. Plus I bought some really good Vitamins and bromelain so i've been able to swollow these too without problems. Before unfill I was having to cut Vitamins and they felt like stuck at times.

Hey there skinny!! I am so glad to see you are doing so great. I have of course been freaking out since I will be going in on Thurs for my tt and breast lift. I was so glad to hear that it wasn't as bad as you thought it was going to be. Knowing that your 5 out of 10 pain level made me feel better too! I can hardly wait to see your after pics. I did not get an unfill and now am wondering if I should have. I am really tight but I do like it that way. I plan on just living on Protein shakes for the first 2 weeks. Have you showered yet? What kind of clothes did you wear the day of surgery and do you have any tips on clothes? I am really getting excited and now that I saw you were doing so well I am not as scared. xoxoxoxoxoxox

Allie,

It's definitely not as bad. It is uncomfortable but tolerable. I showered last night. Sat on step stool and hubby helped me. Bought hand held shower too. Dr. has ordered two showers a day. he has me using Hibiclens too (antibacterial type solution) on incisions.

I bought a button down moo moo and wore this when left hospital. I had pockets for drains and was easy to put on. Just had blanket over legs to keep warm and light jacket. Yesterday for dr. appt had some sweat pants on but these were even tight to put on.

You will do just fine. Stay on top of medicine and drink lots liquids. I've been drinking Protein shake and eating light lunch (Soup, salad, spinach). Been trying to keep Protein at 100g each day.

Two more days. I'm excited for you

Skinnyjeans:

Sounds like you definitely overdid it yesterday. My experience was that everytime I overdid it the swelling was horrible. I think that when we swell too much it somehow plays with our hormones and it made me weepy.

Please remember that the scars will fade and just end up being a light pink line. Just six months out my scars aren't scary anymore.

Rest up and baby yourself because your body went through a big trauma and you need to heal. I know that it's hard to do this, but it will really be best for the long-term results.

Once the drains come out you'll feel like a human being again. It's a pain in the butt to have the drains hanging all the time and they are uncomfortable sometimes. They're there to do their job though, so be glad they will be taking that excess Fluid away.

Take care.

Sue

Skinny, you are doing so well, there is bound to be a slump from the actual surgery and anesthesia. Thank you again for the day to day details. I am glad massaging doesn't hurt the girls....I pulled a quick mental visual of bewbies out to your chin!!! I keep thinking I am going to look like a stitched together scarecrow, especially my upper arms. Sue, thanks for reassuring us that the scars fade.

Mimi

Mimilou, lol, I have the same visual of myself, too, since I'll have my arms done.

Skinny, I really appreciate your openness with us. I think Sue's right, it's a natural cycle of emotion when there's something traumatic done to the body. Sorry to hear your husband is not being totally supportive...but hey, it is a huge change in your life, and perhaps he feels like you're passing him by. Men are odd creatures...

Your job is to heal, now. You did something HUGE for your body and mind. It's the home stretch. You are going to be as happy and proud of yourself for the PS as you were when you got banded!

Hang in there sister. Hugs!!!

I'm feeling good. Constipated bad. Finally had BM today and boy was it awful. was on toilet over hour. Tried to take break and walk around but it was so uncomfortable. Even though was taking Fiber and stool softners my suggestion is double up on it and drink lots if this is a problem area. I thought I was getting plenty fluids but apparently wasn't. So bad I stopped up the toilet. UGH. Kept praying it would pass.

Still swollen but it's getting better. Scars don't look so bad. Able to stand up more so this is relief for back. Quesyness is subsiding. Couldn't drink Protein shake yesterday. Just tasted awful and made my stomach turn. It's 50g Protein and still trying to get 100g a day. Dr. called in some nausea meds but when mom picked up and broght home, they were suppositories. What the heck??! Need to call back today for pills. Had a very good night rest last night. This helped so much.

Mom said dr. did good and scar doesn't look bad at all. Will faid to a very thin line. Said boobs are perfect size too. This really gave me quite a boost yesterday. Thank God for mothers. Always know the right then to say.

i'm going to post my day 4 pics and hubby will take some tonight since it's been a week.

Thank you all for the prayers and best wishes. It's so nice to have a family out here too to encourage and support me through this journey.

Hi Mimi!

I got button down moo moo from Walmart. It was only like 5 or $7.

Do you have someone who will be staying with you? If not than you probably will want electric recliner. At least for the first week or so. I still have someone help push my recliner back in so I don't strain those muscles. Also if you are having multiple procedures electric recliner will help.

I've been able to push myself up with arms (glad I really worked out my triceps) but if you are having arms done too than you can't do that. ALso i'm thankful I worked out my legs (squats/lunges) it sure paid off squatting down to toilet and getting back up. Do as much exercise as possible to be ready for this surgery. Even working out your back/abs because you will need those strong with being hunched over.

Thanks for the advice, Skinny. I think I will get the recliner especially for the TT which isn't til March. Bewbies and arms in January, then TT in March. Doc wouldn't do all 3 at the same time. This way if I decide I want implants after the mastopexy/lift, I can get them in March with the TT. It is more economical to get them in Jan when I have the lift, but I just can't make up my mind!!!!! I am not morally opposed to implants, LOL, I just don't know if I will need them. I don't mind being a B and I wouldn't want to be bigger than a C.....and I am 58!! I do have a friend coming to stay for 2 weeks each time, I am lucky because w/o her help I couldn't do this.

Mimi