Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Few questions please help.

Basically me.

19 years old.

275 lbs

6"4

I feel that i do eat alot and a few of my friends have said a few things and it is kinda hard to not eat as much. i feel that this would be a good / easy way to lose the 60-70 lbs that i want.

1. Is it worth getting for only 60 -70 lbs.

2. Is it painful?

3. ON average how much would it cost and are there any hidden costs?

4. how soon after surgery would i be able to get back to work?

5.would i have to take it slow?

6.would i be able to work out (sit-ups / Push-ups)?

7.How long would it take to accually lose thoes 70 lbs.

Im sorry for all these questions that i might be able to find somewhere easier. but i work and go to school almost 24/7. i just decided to post here and hopefully one of you nice people would be able to help me. I really appreciate it.

A few things here. I haven't been banded yet but I can tell you I probably wouldn't be if I only had 60-70 pounds to lose. They recommend you be about 100 lbs overweight. Also, by your stats, your BMI is 36.3. Most insurance companies require a BMI great than 40 or greater than 38 w/at least one comorbidity (high blood pressure, cholesterol, sleep apnea, etc.). Some companies also require a 6 month supervised diet, psychological consult, nutritional consult, ekg, etc. Also, this is not the "easy" way to lose weight. It involves a MAJOR lifestyle shift in how you eat. If I were you, busy or not, I'd do A LOT of research before you commit to anything.

Not to be mean but it sounds like you don't really know much about this procedure or the type of commitment required to make it work.

Good luck to you!

Basically me.

. i feel that this would be a good / easy way to lose the 60-70 lbs that i want.

Surgery is never the "good/easy" way out. It's hard work.. even after the band. Too many of my loved ones/friends have had it done and it is not a magic bullet. So... if you decide to do this.. be prepared that it takes work.

I only have 70 lbs to lose, BMI = 36. I think the requirement is BMI over 35 with comorbidities, ie. other related health problems. Why wait until you're 100lbs overweight?:tongue2:

I will be honest with you. I started at 313 lbs, and am now at 152. I love my body, and the 'new' me, but if I had to do it over again, and could do it by myself ANYWAY POSSIBLE, I wouldn't do the surgery. It is a total complete life change. There are so many things you don't know before you go in. There are a lot of things you can't eat, days you don't feel well, etc. that you don't expect. It changes EVERYTHING. I lost -161 lbs in 22 months. I still have -15 more that I would like to loose. I would try as well as you can to do it on your own. Just my opinion. Tracey

Basically me.

19 years old.

275 lbs

6"4

I feel that i do eat alot and a few of my friends have said a few things and it is kinda hard to not eat as much. i feel that this would be a good / easy way to lose the 60-70 lbs that i want.

1. Is it worth getting for only 60 -70 lbs. Yes, definately

2. Is it painful? Not painful, more like uncomfortable

3. ON average how much would it cost and are there any hidden costs? Depends on where you go for surgery. I went to Mexico, it cost me $7000 and included everything. Nothing hidden. (some places charge for fill, mine are included)

4. how soon after surgery would i be able to get back to work? My surgery was on Friday and I was back to work on Monday.

5.would i have to take it slow? Only for a few weeks

6.would i be able to work out (sit-ups / Push-ups)? Yes, usually after 4 weeks.

7.How long would it take to accually lose thoes 70 lbs. This depends on you and your level of commitment. I lost 80 pounds in a little over 6 months. Many make it to goal the first year.

Im sorry for all these questions that i might be able to find somewhere easier. but i work and go to school almost 24/7. i just decided to post here and hopefully one of you nice people would be able to help me. I really appreciate it.

Hope my answers help you make a decision.

Donna

A few things here. I haven't been banded yet but I can tell you I probably wouldn't be if I only had 60-70 pounds to lose. They recommend you be about 100 lbs overweight. Also, by your stats, your BMI is 36.3. Most insurance companies require a BMI great than 40 or greater than 38 w/at least one comorbidity (high blood pressure, cholesterol, sleep apnea, etc.). Some companies also require a 6 month supervised diet, psychological consult, nutritional consult, ekg, etc. Also, this is not the "easy" way to lose weight. It involves a MAJOR lifestyle shift in how you eat. If I were you, busy or not, I'd do A LOT of research before you commit to anything.

Not to be mean but it sounds like you don't really know much about this procedure or the type of commitment required to make it work.

Good luck to you!

This surgery is recommend for people 50 pounds overweight not 100.

You will have to change your lifestyle to be successful. Seems like you are doing research to me. Good for you!