Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are you in favor of the new health care reform?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favor of the new health care reform?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Your party is in trouble, face it. Joe the plumber was on CNBC(IM not sure what channel, one of the NBCs)last week talking about how hes not voting rep anymore because Mccain ruined his career. Fox news was playing footage on Glenn Beck today, (come on Patty your a Beck worshiper, is he lieing now?) He was saying the reps spend too much money and support big gov. Ya thats right the republican party. The Fox analyst disagreed with him, of course. Reps. starting to support the stimulus. Reps. are fighting between Ron Paul(Lib leaning rep) and "dumb shit" Sara Palin. You guys(reps.) talk about how this country was founded on GOP ideals. Sorry, not the GOP of today, two different sets of ideals!!! You guys are going all different directions, who are the reps. and what do they stand for? No one really knows anymore!

I am registered as a republican so that I can vote in primaries, but I vote independantly so that I can choose the candidate with the best morals, integrity and character in my opinion.

You are so wrong. If you dont support the stimulus, dont accept the rewards from the stimulus. Republicans will not support the stimulus(some are coming around) but still accept the rewards because they talk out of both ends! And yes the states are wrong for accepting it. The senators from each state agree or disagree with the stimulus. If a senator from a certain state disagrees with it he or she should not accept it, plain and simple. He should figure out his own plan to solve problems. AND ACTUALLY IT HAS TO DO WITH THIS, Theyre supposed to be politicians standing up for what they believe in. If you dont believe in the stimulus dont accept money, help,or whatever is associated with it. How hard is it?

(About you reg. rep.) Now thats what Im talking about, another rep. "hangin his party out to dry", Cut-n-run! You can say what you want as to why you registered the way you did, The truth is you ran out of answers(ill let you in on a little secret, you never had answers) so now your defecting, deserting the rep. party. Typical again!

Arent you being immoral by lieing. You lie about being rep just so you can vote in primaries. then you admit you are actually independent. That doesnt sound very moral or Christian like to me! I have a hunch youre born again.

Just like the $400. check you'll get back from the IRS just for working in 2009, noone is going to refuse it.Why should they? That is tax money that you OVERPAID to the government and they OWE it to you. It is up to the Federal government to STOP handing out the money. Not up to the people or the States to refuse to spend it. Come On!!!Oh, really? Because there were governors who said they were going to refuse it. And they had that right. They weren't forced to accept it. Whose going to get a check in tha mail for nothing and send it right back?! Nobody. The government knows this and so does everybody in this country! The way to stop government spending is to stop handing out the money.

The gov. created a false appearance of job pickup by creating 'some', and the emphasis is on 'some, TEMPORARY government jobs. They will end when the money runs out. Then we will be right back where we were.

If you're one of those whose job was saved, it's important to you. And if you got one of those temporary jobs, that helps, too, because it might lead to a permanent job once the economy improves, which it is.

It has to do with this: When money gets handed to you for free, human nature says "take it."

The government is the one with the problem and needs to be the ones to stop handing it out. The states (republicans) are not the ones with the problem for taking it.

If you come out publicly against the stimulus, then don't accept the money. No one is forcing you. But don't simultaneously criticize it and then pose for photo-ops with the check for projects funded in your state/district by the stimulus. THAT IS CALLED HYPOCRISY.

I don't think anyone should accept the stimulus. It isn't 'stimulating' anything. Oh yeah, except the next town over got millions of dollars worth of new buses. And some teachers got a fancy vacation to a high class hotel with airfare and all to name a few. Oh brother, what a waste!

Arent you being immoral by lieing. You lie about being rep just so you can vote in primaries. then you admit you are actually independent. That doesnt sound very moral or Christian like to me! I have a hunch youre born again.

I used to be republican and that's what I was when I registered to vote way back when, but just this past few months I made a decision to be independant. All these years I have voted republican simply because the candidate was the lesser of the two evils. If a democrat claimed to be and showed himself to be a born again Christian and he stood for all that I believed he would have my vote, but come on, that's never going to happen.:tongue_smilie:

Wolf Blitzer said today on cnn that a recent poll showed that the people who oppose the healthcare plan tend to be elderly, more well off. He said it was the same as majority of Tea Party. Again rich people who dont need it but have the "priviledge of medicare".

I don't think anyone should accept the stimulus. It isn't 'stimulating' anything. Oh yeah, except the next town over got millions of dollars worth of new buses. And some teachers got a fancy vacation to a high class hotel with airfare and all to name a few. Oh brother, what a waste!

You just keep repeating these lies and ignore all the facts I have posted. Those posts, charts, etc. were opinions of experts in the economy and independent organizations. They have shown that the stimulus did work, it did turn the economy around, it did create or save jobs. It did help the GNP to grow. It did all that and you are the only one disputing it. Actually, there are probably a few "professional" quacks out there, as there always are, who march to their own drummer and comes out with whacko opinions, but that doesn't change anything.

Now, you can continue to lie about this by offering your wrong opinion, but it is like insisting that the sun revolves around the earth and no amount of scientific evidence to the contrary will change your mind.

You just come across as stubbon and without any credibility when you continue with this over and over again.

Then there are the hypocrite republicans who publicly said the stimulus wouldn't create any jobs and then when they got the money talked about how many jobs it created. Now, were they lying when they said it wouldn't create any jobs, or were they lying when they said it did? Refer to my previous post for specific names.

Edited by Cleo's Mom

How do you explain the stockmarket hovering around 10,000(it was around 7000 when Bush left office)(The last time I paid attention to it, a while ago), Retirement recovering, Job growth(minimal but better than no growth) home sales, new home construction(again minimal but its a start). No matter how much you disagree with how its done, proof shows its getting done. And you keep saying private sector and temporary jobs, I dont know where you here this but jobs are jobs. Do you honestly believe Glen Beck has the answers? Do you honestly believe he knows more than the experts who trained and studied in these field who are saying different? Thats like you coming on here saying what he says. I dont believe you or him, i believe the experts who have proof to back it up.

Not to change the subject but Im having my surgery on March 3rd. Im interested to know how long everyone has been banded, are you happy, and is it working for you? thanks, I think Im done for the night.

You just keep repeating these lies and ignore all the facts I have posted. Those posts, charts, etc. were opinions of experts in the economy and independent organizations. They have shown that the stimulus did work, it did turn the economy around, it did create or save jobs.

Most of he jobs it created are TEMPORARY! What will happen when the money runs out? You keep ignoring that fact. So, a temp. job IMO, is not going to solve anything. They are also mostly gov. jobs which pay double or more than private sector jobs, and have benifits and perks galore. They will end, then what?

It did help the GNP to grow. It did all that and you are the only one disputing it.

No, I'm not the only one disputing it. Just the only one here on this thread.

Actually, there are probably a few "professional" quacks out there, as there always are, who march to their own drummer and comes out with whacko opinions, but that doesn't change anything.

Now, you can continue to lie about this by offering your wrong opinion, but it is like insisting that the sun revolves around the earth and no amount of scientific evidence to the contrary will change your mind.

You just come across as stubbon and without any credibility when you continue with this over and over again.

So do you.

Then there are the hypocrite republicans who publicly said the stimulus wouldn't create any jobs and then when they got the money talked about how many jobs it created. Now, were they lying when they said it wouldn't create any jobs, or were they lying when they said it did? Refer to my previous post for specific names.

No one is denying that they created some government jobs. But this country feels that MORE government jobs is not what we need. We need more private sector jobs. We also don't need temporary jobs that will only last until the job is finished or until the funds run out. We will be right back to where we were if that happens. Liberals live in the here and now and relish in it instead of looking down the road and seeing what their efforts that they are praising right now will bring them then.