Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are you in favor of the new health care reform?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favor of the new health care reform?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Included at the bottom of the poll:

NOTE: This is not a scientific poll. The results above are for information purposes only, and should not be confused with the results of the scientific polls conducted by CBS News.

Anything with a disclaimer has to be discarded, from both sides.

Included at the bottom of the poll:

NOTE: This is not a scientific poll. The results above are for information purposes only, and should not be confused with the results of the scientific polls conducted by CBS News.

Anything with a disclaimer has to be discarded, from both sides.

What's wrong with information? Oh I get it, the information doesn't agree with you.

Over 46,000 people answered that particular poll. You know, mostly liberals who are the only ones who can stomach MSNBC.

What's wrong with information? Oh I get it, the information doesn't agree with you.

BOTH SIDES! (I thought maybe if I screamed it you would hear me this time) All information from BOTH SIDES has to be discarded if it is not collected by a non-biased method, its called non-scientific for a reason.

Short story to prove my point: I previously owned a flower shop, one valentines day I went home and told my husband, "Everyone is ordering pink roses this year" its so strange. After valentines when I was tallying up the orders, I realized I had taken every single order for pink roses, this gave me the impression that everyone wanted pink roses when in reality we sold almost the same amount of pink roses as normal.

This happens with quick polls only people who are biased in one way or the other answers so the poll can be skewed, hence it being called "non-scientific".

Polls are so manipulatable (my own new word.) As we all know, the way questions are phrased in a poll has everything to do with the outcome. So those disclaimers are very important to pay attention to.

Your valentine's day observation is an example of how easily assumptions are made based on incomplete information.

But some people who love to accuse everyone of disagreeing with infomation they don't like, is quick to agree with information that they do like, whether there is any proof that the information is good or not.

Something about the pot calling the kettle black... opps, my bad. I said black.

73% Agree That Washington Is “Broken”

Friday, February 19, 2010

p-e4m3Yko6bFYVc.gif?labels=NewsAndReference,News:Political

Seventy-three percent (73%) of U.S. voters agree with Vice President Joseph Biden that “Washington right now is broken.”

A new Rasmussen Reports (a trustworty poll) national telephone survey finds that just 15% disagree with the vice president’s analysis of the political situation in the nation’s capital. Twelve percent (12%) more are not sure.

Yet while 87% of Mainstream voters say Washington is broken, 73% of the Political Class disagree.

However, 75% of all voters now say they are angry at the government’s current policies, up four points from late November and up nine points since September. Sixty percent (60%) think neither Republican political leaders nor Democratic political leaders have a good understanding of what is needed today.

Sixty-three percent (63%) believe, generally speaking, that it would be better for the country if most incumbents in Congress were defeated this November. Their confidence in their own congressman also continues to fall.

That’s because voters are less tolerant of congressional gridlock. Fifty-seven percent (57%) now see passing good legislation as a more important role for Congress than preventing bad legislation from becoming law. Thirty-seven percent (37%) believe preventing bad laws from being enacted is more important. But this marks a nine-point shift in favor of good legislation from a survey in early November when voters were nearly tied on the question.

"...voters are less tolerant of congressional gridlock. Fifty-seven percent (57%) now see passing good legislation as a more important role for Congress than preventing bad legislation from becoming law."

Hmmmm. food for thought, patty?

Obama Starts 2010 With 50% Approval

More than 8 in 10 Democrats but less than half of independents approve

by Lydia Saad

PRINCETON, NJ -- President Barack Obama begins his second year as president with 50% of Americans approving and 44% disapproving of his overall job performance. This is well below the 68% approval rating Obama received in his first few days as president, and matches his average for all of December -- which included many days when public support for him fell slightly below that important symbolic threshold.

mrc47ahoieos3_d2d9f78w.gif

The latest job approval score is based on Gallup Daily tracking from Jan. 2-4, 2010 -- the first Gallup Daily survey conducted entirely within the new year.

"Obama enjoys 84% approval from Democrats, but closer to 50% approval from independents (currently 47%) and minimal support from Republicans (14%)."

President Obama has been walking the public opinion tightrope represented by the 50% job approval line since about mid-November, with his rating wavering between 47% and 53%. However, even when 47% of Americans approved of Obama's overall job performance (in early December), slightly fewer Americans (46%) disapproved. Obama has yet to see his job approval rating descend to the point that more Americans disapprove than approve.

Still, Obama's initial approval rating in his second year as president is among the lowest for elected presidents since Dwight Eisenhower. Only Ronald Reagan -- who, like Obama, took office during challenging economic times -- began his second year in office with a lower approval score (49%). However, Obama's disapproval rating is slightly higher than Reagan's was (44% vs. 40%).

Pres. Obama's approval is directly tied to his willingness to tackle the tough problems. If you do nothing, you can't be criticized. Just maintain the status quo. I'm so glad we have a president who is willing to tackle the tough problems and not care about polls. He has often said he would rather work on the tough problems and be a one term president than ignore them in order to get re-elected. How refreshing.

Edited by Cleo's Mom

This is what you get from those who oppose Pres. Obama:

Bunning's continued craziness makes even Republicans squirm

by David Waldman

Tue Mar 02, 2010 at 01:12:04 PM PST

AP:

Sen. Jim Bunning has again blocked the Senate from extending unemployment benefits and health insurance subsidies for the jobless.

[...]

Bunning has been single-handedly blocking the stopgap legislation since Thursday, to the increasing discomfort of Republicans like [sen. Susan] Collins. Frustrated Democrats have been lobbing attacks at Bunning and his fellow Republicans for days.

Geez, I wonder what that "increasing discomfort" is like. Maybe it's like the "increasing discomfort" of telling your kids they're eating Cereal for dinner because there's no more money for hot food.

Yes, Jim Bunning has been continuously objecting to unanimous consent requests from Democrats that the temporary emergency extension be passed by unanimous consent, because he demands there be a debate on the spending.

So when Republican Susan Collins asked unanimous consent this morning that the Senate proceed immediately to that debate, Bunning of course... objected.

UPDATE: Republicans squirm. But not all Republicans!

What is surprising is that Trey Grayson and Rand Paul, the leading Republicans to succeed Bunning, jumped on his one-man band wagon.

Both of them applauded Bunning's actions. Paul's campaign even announced that it will hold a rally supporting Bunning's blockade of aid to the unemployed.

And of course...

Limbaugh: "Jim Bunning is a hero to people"

The hypocrisy that is Jim Bunning: He claims he just wants this bill paid for under the pay as you go bill. But guess what?? Hypocrite Bunning voted AGAINST THAT BILL. So, zero credibility on that score.

He claims that he supports paying for things. But he voted for the Iraqi war - not paid for. He voted for both bush tax cuts - not paid for. He voted for the medicare part D - not paid for. So, zero credibility there.
But when does he suddenly want something to be paid for? That's right - when it's for those hurting - the unemployed. Hard working people who through no fault of their own are out of work. They didn't get a check this week to feed their family - but I guess that's okay with him. I think he got to see the Kentucky basketball game this week. Let's get our priorities straight. :scared2:

But hey, he's a hero to rush, Jim DeMint and many other republicans who have cirlced the wagon around him. And these are the people the teabaggers want elected. Geez.
:)

Edited by Cleo's Mom

73% Agree That Washington Is “Broken”

Friday, February 19, 2010

p-e4m3Yko6bFYVc.gif?labels=NewsAndReference,News:Political

Seventy-three percent (73%) of U.S. voters agree with Vice President Joseph Biden that “Washington right now is broken.”

A new Rasmussen Reports (a trustworty poll) national telephone survey finds that just 15% disagree with the vice president’s analysis of the political situation in the nation’s capital. Twelve percent (12%) more are not sure.

Yet while 87% of Mainstream voters say Washington is broken, 73% of the Political Class disagree.

However, 75% of all voters now say they are angry at the government’s current policies, up four points from late November and up nine points since September. Sixty percent (60%) think neither Republican political leaders nor Democratic political leaders have a good understanding of what is needed today.

Sixty-three percent (63%) believe, generally speaking, that it would be better for the country if most incumbents in Congress were defeated this November. Their confidence in their own congressman also continues to fall.

That’s because voters are less tolerant of congressional gridlock. Fifty-seven percent (57%) now see passing good legislation as a more important role for Congress than preventing bad legislation from becoming law. Thirty-seven percent (37%) believe preventing bad laws from being enacted is more important. But this marks a nine-point shift in favor of good legislation from a survey in early November when voters were nearly tied on the question.

Rasmussen reliable,Ya right, thats a fox news poll!! I dont disagree that Washington is broken. With the political differences between dems, reps., we are never going to get anything done!

loserb, I'm afraid you're right. You'd have thought with the Democrats otaining the office of the president and the majorities in house and senate, there would be no question that we could make real progress. But it's politics as usual in Washington. Forget reaching across the aisle. Forget honesty in the media. Forget everyone coming together to make a difference. Play dirty politics. Be obstructionists. Continue to pander to corporate America. I wish I were surprised.

Polls are so manipulatable (my own new word.) As we all know, the way questions are phrased in a poll has everything to do with the outcome. So those disclaimers are very important to pay attention to.

Your valentine's day observation is an example of how easily assumptions are made based on incomplete information.

But some people who love to accuse everyone of disagreeing with infomation they don't like, is quick to agree with information that they do like, whether there is any proof that the information is good or not.

Something about the pot calling the kettle black... opps, my bad. I said black.

I agree about the polls being manipulative. Im reading a book about the CIA interrogating Islamic extremists. In the story a senator wants to prosecute a CIA operative for slapping a terrorist for spitting on him during interogation. The senators friend tells her she should drop the case. She tells him "polls show Americans dont want to torture or abuse detainees", he tells her polls are not accurate, Its all how theyre presented, If you ask people if theyre for abuse of detainees, theyre going to say no theyre against it. If you say"This detainee set a roadside bomb and killed 5 American soldiers and women and children and he has info that could prevent an attack on innocent women and children, would you support torture if it will prevent this? People would definitely say YES! I never thought of it like that but it makes sense.

loserb, I'm afraid you're right. You'd have thought with the Democrats otaining the office of the president and the majorities in house and senate, there would be no question that we could make real progress. But it's politics as usual in Washington. Forget reaching across the aisle. Forget honesty in the media. Forget everyone coming together to make a difference. Play dirty politics. Be obstructionists. Continue to pander to corporate America. I wish I were surprised.

The funny thing is, this is the biggest majority in a long time. The problem is, you also have dems. who are only concerned about politics, theyre afraid to pass anything that doesnt have any rep. support(which is just about everything)for fear theyre going to lose votes. You have to give credit where credit is due, the reps. use these scare tactics(backdoor meetings, etc) and its working! Certain dems are already distancing themselves from Obama. Im voteing for anyone who is not in their now(not Obama,I like Obama, at least he's trying). Im just so tired of the same old faces and the same old results! Im very, very frustrated at both sides and Im going to show how frustrated I am in the next election!!!!

Heres my dilemma when it comes to the next election(because Im an independent). I definitely wont vote for the republican candidates because Im so turned off by their tactics(if you dont do it my way Ill take my ball and go home. SEE YA!!!). The dems, have majority but not the intestinal fortitude to use it! Im starting to see politics being played here also by a few dems. Scared to use their majority power because they might lose votes, I got news for ya, ya might as well try to get something accomplished because doing nothing in this situation(again majority)is disastrous for ya. Whats that say about the dem party if they cant get anything done right now? Since theres no capable third party candidate that leaves me with the Tea Party movement(supposed third party), ya right theyre as rep. as it gets! This just sucks right now, Im at a dead end and Im quickly loseing faith in everyone in politics! Like I said, If the presidential election where held today, Id vote for Obama in a heartbeat. I just feel so bad because hes the first president I can remember who seems to understand whats wrong with this country but has no help, even from his own party. The dems not giving support really turns me off!

1-Heres a poll for ya! Who wants socialized healthcare?

2-Who wants an affordable, high quality healthcare program, funded by the government? Allowing 31million uninsured people to also have coverage with the option to keep or choose your own private insurance company?

Thats why polls cant be trusted!!! So Patty keep your polls. Im sure Rasmussen asked question 1, not 2!!